Early Signing Period Coverage?

BSGVOL

I realize it’s the dead period but is anything planned for those who choose to sign over the next three days in way of a war room/show like they have in February?

Reactions: 4 people
It's a horrible idea if you don't have a staff 100% devoted to cleaning up the prior moron's screw-ups. Other schools are enjoying the hell out of it, and I bet most of the players involved are as well.

Reactions: 8 people
Don't expect much from UT. Perhaps some JUCO signees and some others. Doesn't mean it's going to be a bad class. Majority will sign later. Timing wasn't favorable for us this year.

Reactions: 4 people
It's a horrible idea if you don't have a staff 100% devoted to cleaning up the prior moron's screw-ups. Other schools are enjoying the hell out of it, and I bet most of the players involved are as well.

I'm afraid like everyone else, it's here to stay. We all just have to hold a collective breathe and hope for the best.

It's new to everyone and they don't know what to expect so people are already hating it before it's even happened, especially the media.

Reactions: 1 person
The only intriguing thing about today is whether any elite talent that we have a shot at will still be up for grabs by Thursday. I think the pressure to sign today will be tremendous.

Don't expect much from UT. Perhaps some JUCO signees and some others. Doesn't mean it's going to be a bad class. Majority will sign later. Timing wasn't favorable for us this year.
Most of the players who are worth anything will sign tomorrow. This will be a bad class.

Unintended consequences of early signing period is going to be massively disruptive. Teams are going to fire their coaches earlier and earlier. Teams seasons who get hired from are disrupted, and that's not even considering the staff hires.

The early signing period is good for those kids who know 100% where they want to be and are ready to enroll early. This will stop their cell phone from ringing off the hook with a bunch of BS used car salesmen pitches from other schools trying to flip them. Reel em' in Jeremy. Hope we get a handful of good JUCOs today!!!

During this 1st early signing period I hope we can sign some good, solid, dedicated footVol players.

I will also consider it a temporary WIN if some of the kids we want to go after that CJP and our new staff have spoken with do NOT sign with anyone and wait until NSD in Feb.

Any recruits that do sign now then we have zero hopes of flipping to UT.

Any recruits that we've spoken with and hold off signing during this early signing period gives our coaches more time to talk with, visit with in person and maybe have them come to the hill and see what all we really do have to offer.

This is a dead period so coaches are not allowed to talk with the kids anyway which is also why it does NOT hurt us by CJP keeping his word and the terms of his contract to be coaching the Bama D, he can't recruit for Tennessee anyway.

I want to see which kids we sign during this early period.

I'm also seriously interested to see which kids don't sign with anyone yet since that will be the pool of kids we still might want and can go after when the dead period is over.

There's still lots of time until National Signing Day in Feb. and we won't know many things for certain until we see a complete list of new kids coming to Tennessee to join our new footVol Team.

VFL...GBO!!!

It's new to everyone and they don't know what to expect so people are already hating it before it's even happened, especially the media.

It seems to work just fine in basketball and I also think it will in football.

VN Store

Back