Anyone else hoping Sumlin turns us down?

JMSqb11

No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

Reactions: 9 people
Getting turned down more will eventually lead to them searching internally. So no, I want Sumlin to take it before it becomes Hoke's Vols.

Reactions: 30 people
No disrespect to Sumlin. I think he would be good here. However at this point, I want every decent option to keep turning us down because it is just one more knock on Haslam and Currie....

In my dream world, I want this job to be turned down so much where the only two people who would take this job are Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin....

Everyone talks about, myself included, if we hire Lane, we would have to a heavy buyout contract if he left us. I think if we get turned down a few more times, he is going to demand a contract that isn't so friendly, lopsided towards UT.....

I really want to see this program keep getting rejected in the short term if it means that Haslam and Currie are gone for the long term.

Especially knowing that Kiffin has the ego to take a job at a "national laughingstock that is damaged for 3-5 seasons" and try to go win right away....

Keep the faith Vol Fans. There are brighter days ahead, just got to get a few darker ones out of the way first.

It will be a brighter day when you STFU.

Reactions: 28 people
We *have* to put together some semblance of a recruiting class and it's nearly December. Getting a guy, especially one who recruits well, in place and calling guys immediately will allow us to bandaid this class the best we can.

Being turned down over and over and over and over and over again, to end up with Joe Dirtcoach in late December or something, and we will field a 1-11 walk-on team next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Hell no.

Someone please merge or delete this thread.

We don't want Sumlin thinking we don't want him after the crap we've had to deal with the last few days.

Reactions: 10 people
If 8-5 is good enough, Kevin Sumlin is your man. Maybe we just have to learn to accept that it is who we are, our administration isn't giving us any choice in the matter.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope Sumlin takes it...He's good people and a good coach...He'll hit it out of the park recruiting here too

Reactions: 4 people
I will be so shocked if he’s even offered I wouldn’t wake up and have a chance to say... no I hope he doesn’t turn us down.

getting turned down by Doeren by design is one thing. no one wanted to get turned down by gundy or brohm.

and no one should want to get turned down by sumlin.

everyone should be wondering why, aloud, Martin or Miles haven't even been contacted yet?

no one should be talking about Kiffin at this point. it's never going to happen, and at this point, he probably would turn the job down. it's moved to a non stater at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
hell to the NO

take the job Kevin; hell we prolly wont even offer, it'd make to much sense with an SMU coach avail... smh...

It will be a brighter day when you STFU.

I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with you. Just wanted to say that I found your response pretty funny.:post-4-1090547912:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post

I hope we hire Sumlin. I think he would do well here. That being said, I am starting to think UT offering/seeking Sumlin May be a PR move, because let’s face it, every coach admin has even thought about or offered has been white.

VN Store

Back