2889 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Quality Athletes and Quality People. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
surrealvol

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quality Athletes and Quality People

I got to meet a lot of the guys on our team at a meet and greet. Got to chat a bit with them, got some pictures, and had a great time. One thing that was very heartening to me was how well mannered, accessible, and genuinely interested in talking to me and my wife they were. Football is a TOUGH game with a TOUGH regimen for almost four months. These guys have a lot of things to take care of on and off the field and by years end, well it just takes its toll on the body and the mind. I extend my congratulations to these young men, their coaches, and the athletic staff. I, for one, am proud of what they accomplished this year and I am REALLY looking forward to this coming season. GO VOLS!
VN Likes: 31
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
UT Hill Man

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Champions of Life.

In a good way.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
JFreak
Buck Fama

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Between the Chattanooga bus tragedy and the Gatlinburg fires it is no secret that team 120 has done an outstanding job of community outreach. Very refreshing to read their names in the newspapers for community outreach and not in the police blotter. Also glad they are able to interact with fans at a seemingly low key event.
VN Likes: 14
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
Boca Vol

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Between the Chattanooga bus tragedy and the Gatlinburg fires it is no secret that team 120 has done an outstanding job of community outreach. Very refreshing to read their names in the newspapers for community outreach and not in the police blotter. Also glad they are able to interact with fans at a seemingly low key event.
Agree! Great post.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
VolBricks
Nonconformist Member

Isn't the rule around here "A picture or it did not happen" ?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #6
goldvol
VolNation's Lesser Poobah

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
What did they do for the bus tragedy? I didn't see that in the news, and I unfortunately knew one of the girls that left us way too early in that tragedy.

I googled it. I don't know how I missed that at the time. Very cool.

Last edited by goldvol; 01-10-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
RollerVol

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBricks View Post
oh, it happened sweetheart...

GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #8
JonGrudensAgent

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
I do my share of complaining about the results on the field and the way Jones goes about his business but I have little doubt in the character of these players.

Said it before but Dobbs cemented his status as an all time Vol in my book by showing up in Gatlinburg.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
FEARinSEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Hill Man View Post
Champions of Life.

In a good way.
Is there a bad way to be a Champion of Life?
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #10
vol1981

Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldvol View Post
What did they do for the bus tragedy? I didn't see that in the news, and I unfortunately knew one of the girls that left us way too early in that tragedy.

I googled it. I don't know how I missed that at the time. Very cool.
Butch took 3 of his top players to Erlanger Hospital to visit some of the victims. Autographs were signed, Vol shirts handed out, etc. After visiting, Butch and company rushed back to Knoxville to practice for the Vandy game. And as they say, the rest is history.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #11
TNnative
Distributor of Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBricks View Post
If it has been on the evening news, in the local papers, and mentioned by the broadcasters during the game? Then no.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
allvol123

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealvol View Post
I got to meet a lot of the guys on our team at a meet and greet. Got to chat a bit with them, got some pictures, and had a great time. One thing that was very heartening to me was how well mannered, accessible, and genuinely interested in talking to me and my wife they were. Football is a TOUGH game with a TOUGH regimen for almost four months. These guys have a lot of things to take care of on and off the field and by years end, well it just takes its toll on the body and the mind. I extend my congratulations to these young men, their coaches, and the athletic staff. I, for one, am proud of what they accomplished this year and I am REALLY looking forward to this coming season. GO VOLS!
What did they accomplish?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #13
FEARinSEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol123 View Post

What had you accomplished as an 18-22 year old?
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #14
Iam4utalways

Quality Athletes and Quality People
Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol123 View Post
Beat Florida and pulled off the 1st Hail Mary to win a game and put back to back wins against the lowly bulldogs. The seniors pulled the program out of the ditch. Beat Nebraska for the 1st time ever.

Pay attention.
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #15
Yankee_Vol
This We'll Defend

The young men of the football represent the University of Tennessee very well. They really care about Tennessee, both the school and the state.
Reply With Quote TOP