Make or Break game.. Georgia, not Florida

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
Florida living rent free in our heads. That seems to be the game everyone is locked in on here.

A win against Florida brings on a week of jubilation and celebration. A week where that victory could be a huge distraction.

The next Saturday they land between the hedges to a team that has a new "super" coach (Saban clone), a team that got embarrassed by blowing a 21 point lead in 2015, a team whose Heisman hopeful blew his knee out in Neyland stadium..

UGA will be motivated and it will be a hostile environment.

This game could very well be harder than Bama.

Reactions: 2 people
First year head coach, freshman QB, and if we beat Florida it wouldn't be a distraction it would be huge momentum and we smash Georgia

Reactions: 9 people
No matter how you slice it, we've gotta win 2 out of Bama, UF, or UGA to have a shot at big things.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't forget how close both games were last year, it doesn't get any easier, the Vols must get better to win the SEC East

Ga only becomes more important after we beat Fl. Once that happens we spring board just like Florida did last year after getting the big win against us. Ga matters more due to them being more capable of competing for the SECe than Fl.

Last year Florida beat us twice.....the first time head to head, the second time the next week vs Arkansas. We need the momentum and confidence a win vs Florida would give us IMO. But if we lose that Florida game, do we see a repeat of last year? No, IMHO, Florida is still THE game that matters most.

Reactions: 1 person
HAVE to beat Florida! A win vs Georgia is important and a win vs Alabama would be awesome but a Florida loss is more impactful to this team than a Alabama win IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't forget how close both games were last year, it doesn't get any easier, the Vols must get better to win the SEC East

To be fair, we also gift wrapped that early lead for Georgia. Game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Woulda coulda shoulda, I know.lol

Florida. Go 1-11 for all I care...if that 1 is Florida. I'm tired of this streak and those fans. I maybe apart of the "younger generation" and yes I hate Bama, but almost half of my life has been watching us lose to Florida.

Florida. Go 1-11 for all I care...if that 1 is Florida. I'm tired of this streak and those fans. I maybe apart of the "younger generation" and yes I hate Bama, but almost half of my life has been watching us lose to Florida.

I hate Florida, that effing 11 game streak and our whole losing history to the Gators as much as anybody on the planet. However......I'd take 11-1 with that 1 loss being to Florida all day everyday if that landed us in the SECCG, which I think it would.

The SECCG is bigger than Fl. The streak is an unfortunate result of many unfortunate events. Time to put an end to it.

Florida living rent free in our heads. That seems to be the game everyone is locked in on here.

A win against Florida brings on a week of jubilation and celebration. A week where that victory could be a huge distraction.

The next Saturday they land between the hedges to a team that has a new "super" coach (Saban clone), a team that got embarrassed by blowing a 21 point lead in 2015, a team whose Heisman hopeful blew his knee out in Neyland stadium..

UGA will be motivated and it will be a hostile environment.

This game could very well be harder than Bama.

Gators. Win that game and we immediately have a 2 game advantage over UF in the East. And as has been stated already, huge momentum boost to start that 4-game stretch.

UF is the first domino. If we want the season to go in the right direction, that game has to fall the right way. Then UGA. Then aTm. Then Bama.

One game at a time.

First year head coach, freshman QB, and if we beat Florida it wouldn't be a distraction it would be huge momentum and we smash Georgia

I don't see UGA giving us a ball game this year. The hedges will have nothing between them this year but Vol fans start of the 4th quarter.

Yes, I feel You, over 75% of my life has seen many games lost to Florida......what's even worse is I'm not young.....

For snicks and giggles, Kublanow was on some of the local ATL tv channels as the UGA player spokesperson on their opening day of practice. Guy has a pudgy face and that red dog hair, really want him physically diminished as a player this year when 120 rolls out of Athens.

And this people is why we cant have nice things. Let me ask you something. Say we go 11-1, with wins against Bama and UGA, which is possible and our only loss is to Florida. You still going to be upset?

I don't see UGA giving us a ball game this year. The hedges will have nothing between them this year but Vol fans start of the 4th quarter.

Smart wasn't hired to rebuild, he was hired to improve a consistent 10 win team and take them to the next level. If he can run a program, the talent is there. UGA is a big unknown right now.

VN Store

Back