Will Butch's Downfall be the same as dooleys?

Will Butch Firing Jancek cost him the Sec East in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

govols105

I don't care, what folks say. this may come back to seriously bite butch and seal his fate at tennessee. Couldn't he learn from derek dooley's dumb butt? you don't replace a Defensive Coordinator in your 3rd or 4th year. 2016 is supposed to be our year now it more than likely won't. Thanks Butch. i hope i am wrong.

Reactions: 4 people
werent we saying the same thing last year when DeBord was hired and yet we had great improvement in Oline and the 2nd best rushing offense in history?

Calm down.

Reactions: 45 people
Wow, slow down there negavol. Let's see how this one plays out before we start the bash fest. You could be impressed if he makes a good hire. If it isn't a good hire, then have at it.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't care, what folks say. this may come back to seriously bite butch and seal his fate at tennessee. Couldn't he learn from derek dooley's dumb butt? you don't replace a Defensive Coordinator in your 3rd or 4th year. 2016 is supposed to be our year now it won't. Thanks Butch.

Nobody in their right mind would have hired a 3-4 coach while coaching for his job. It takes two years at least for that system to work.

Reactions: 3 people
DeBord was an upgrade. I have no reason to believe we won't upgrade at DC, too.

If anything, this shows me that Butch is focused on one thing -- winning it all.

Reactions: 34 people
Wtf? Butch's downfall? What downfall? The imaginary one you stay awake at nights thinking about. Relax OP. Let butch do his job. He's done on to this point. No coaching staff stays together forever.

Reactions: 3 people
It was a MUTUAL agreement! If the guy ain't happy not much you can do about it. I trust UT will find someone to take his place that can run a defense as effectively.

Reactions: 1 person
Our recruiting class is absolutely falling apart. Butch best get his crap in gear.

I see it as Butch preparing for a Natty run in 2016. All positive IMO.

I don't care, what folks say. this may come back to seriously bite butch and seal his fate at tennessee. Couldn't he learn from derek dooley's dumb butt? you don't replace a Defensive Coordinator in your 3rd or 4th year. 2016 is supposed to be our year now it more than likely won't. Thanks Butch. i hope i am wrong.

I will just point out that John Chavis was promoted to DC in Fulmer's 3rd season in '95 after Larry Marmie left. We went 11-1. Dumb poll.

Reactions: 1 person
How can butch fix his recruiting class and decision to fire jancek? if he switches to a 3-4 it's already over for us in 2016. The right hire is the key and keeping everything the same.

VN Store

Back