Weak link

majorvol

In my opinion the fanbase is our weak link.
Players have bought in.. Recruits have bought in..
Adversity we jump ship like rats...
This is not what this program is built on..
If you lose faith the coaches and players.. They get on the same wagon..
These players have worked there butts off so let's support them this weekend and turn the ship around. Got new unis and a attitude ....GBO..

Reactions: 36 people
These players have worked there butts off so let's support them this weekend and turn the ship around. Got new unis and a attitude ....GBO..

Well said.

Reactions: 4 people
I can understand and forgive the disappointment but the outright contempt and hatred shown toward the coaches is sad..it almost seemed like some were happy to spread the rumors in hopes of embarrassing or getting our coach fired midseason

Reactions: 14 people

Jump ship, really lol. Tell me how many people are at the games, rain or shine, while we are blowing leads left and right. Because fans voice their opinion, doesn't mean they have jumped ship.

Reactions: 10 people
Blaming fans is just stupid. Blame the product on the field. Who gets that product prepared? The players can only do what they are being coached to do. Blaming anyone else but the coaching is asinine.

Reactions: 14 people
Blaming fans is just stupid. Blame the product on the field. Who gets that product prepared? The players can only do what they are being coached to do. Blaming anyone else but the coaching is asinine.
I'm not blaming the fans I feel the pain.. But these players deserve support for the hard work they put in....

Reactions: 4 people
:thud:

The fans of a once great program have endured an unadulterated dumpster fire since the year 2008. They have a losing record again this year from a coach with a losing record over his 3 years.

Yet they set a decibel level record at the home opener. They checkered the stadium and not one single OU offensive play went without most screaming like little school girls ... NOT ONE the entire game! Even when we laid an egg on the field against OU and followed that up with a Southern Conference patsy opponent, hardly a seat was to be found out of 102,455. Even after losing to the Gators on the road and draining the emotions of the faithful, the stands were 1,000 or so tickets short of a sellout during a predicted HURRICANE flood situation.

I don't think your "off base" on where the problem lies. I think your on the soccer field instead of the baseball field at all.

Reactions: 2 people

I said it after the Oklahoma game. This fanbase doesn't deserve a championship team. The reactions following adversity have been down right disgusting.

It almost makes me think they don't want a winning program. They want the program to continue to suffer so they can continue to complain.

"Some people just like watching the world burn."

Reactions: 2 people

I'm not blaming the fans I feel the pain.. But these players deserve support for the hard work they put in....

Maybe you should read you initial post again.

Reactions: 6 people
I can understand and forgive the disappointment but the outright contempt and hatred shown toward the coaches is sad..it almost seemed like some were happy to spread the rumors in hopes of embarrassing or getting our coach fired midseason

Imagine these message boards being around when Fulmer was losing to UF when UT was still a top 10 team. Wonder how many idiots would have called for his head after each of those games?

Reactions: 1 person

Not a big fan of Debord so far. But its a team effort. So far no one is exempt from any level of accountability. i still love my Vols but the play so far is inexcusable on all levels. giving up. three separate leads, smh.

ill support these coaches until someone says otherwise. GBO.

Fans and players are the problem. It couldn't possibly be the saintly geniuses coaching the team.

At least they had the guts to take on a difficult rebuilding job when other high profile coaches wouldn't even return our call..or Strong lying to us to get a better deal at Louisville

Not a big fan of Debord so far. But its a team effort. So far no one is exempt from any level of accountability. i still love my Vols but the play so far is inexcusable on all levels. giving up. three separate leads, smh.

ill support these coaches until someone says otherwise. GBO.

That's me..I like Debord but I know there have been some mistakes..Our offense is actually better than last year..we are averaging 9 points more per game and 50 yards per game more than 2014 but we just can't make the plays when that matter most..there have been 7 plays, whether its getting one first down, holding onto a ball in the red zone, or stopping a 4th down play would have made this team undefeated

Yeah...that damned fanbase that continues to plunk down their hard earned dollars and sell out Neyland rain or shine...damn them.

I was there last weekend ..And the support was not impressive.. The Vol walk was like a funeral ....Dang we've got to support the players if nothing else... They are the VOLS 4 Life....

VN Store

Back