Hey OU fans

Hard fought tough game. Tennessee is better than I thought. They basically ran this game for about three quarters but OU finally woke up when it counted most. I am amazed they even managed to score with all the horrible field position, drive killing penalties and dropped passes. Missed calls on both sides. OUs line needs to grow up fast. Tennessee is a real team and I think they'll finally be beating some ranked competition this year.

Reactions: 7 people
Thanks, Vols. what an unbelievable game. Tough tough loss. Have been on that side before. You played a great game. Hope we can play again. Enjoy your fans, team, and your stadium was crazy loud. Obviously affected our team.

As for the antics of some, I didn't much care for it either.

Reactions: 9 people
Yep our coaches didn't adjust..yours did, great win and didn't like the after game antics by some..

Your coaches adjusted.....but it wasn't necessary to do so.

Your OC stopped doing what was working. Hurd up the middle, to the outside, run the misdirection, let Dobbs keep it, quick slant pass. Early in the 2nd qtr I just knew you guys were about to run away with it.

Wish I could say I can't relate, but Josh Heupel used to do the same thing to us. It's maddening.

Our defense did make a few adjustments though which carried us.

Good luck to you guys going forward.

Reactions: 8 people
They totally deserved that win. Don't get me wrong our players deserved it more IMO. I am biased, but there were some things that didn't get capitalized on that should have.

We can play arm chair qb all day but that 4th and goal did bother me.
Not so much that we didn't go for it on 4th down but you are on the one yard line, why not give it Hurd who is clearly the bigger and stronger back? (On the third down play and no offense to Kamara I like him too but we needed one tough yard)

Reactions: 4 people
Your coaches adjusted.....but it wasn't necessary to do so.

Your OC stopped doing what was working. Hurd up the middle, to the outside, run the misdirection, let Dobbs keep it, quick slant pass. Early in the 2nd qtr I just knew you guys were about to run away with it.

Wish I could say I can't relate, but Josh Heupel used to do the same thing to us. It's maddening.

Our defense did make a few adjustments though which carried us.

Good luck to you guys going forward.

Disagree on the adjustments, you're right the offense went straight to shyt after you guys adjusted the defense, started blitzing outside and mirroring Dobbs.. Good luck to y'all the rest of yr, I'm pissed I'll get over it we are used to this bullshyt but it was a hellova performance by your QB

Reactions: 3 people
It never seems to amaze me how Tennessee can find more ways to lose a game than any program I've ever seen. I had a bad feeling when Butch kicked the 3 instead of going for it right on the goaline. We've got a 240 RB and a descent mobile QB and Butch decides to take the 3. Butch coached this game not to lose instead of coaching to win. Bottom line is Butch blew this game on national TV, and everyone knows it. The jury was out if he could be a good in game coach, and tonight our questions were anwsered. I can't wait to hear all the coach talk tomorrow about how our team is young and how were going to start getting ready for next week. What a joke!Our talent was head & shoulders bbetter tonight. When we got the lead Butch went into conservative mode and started coaching to sit on his lead instead of coaching to score and win the game. Bottom line is OU &Stoops come into Neyland with a walkon QB and flat out beat us. It reminded me of the Fulmer days when he would get a lead and just sat on it, and end up losing the game. Some people might get mad, but this loss tonight was down right embarrassing and pathetic!!

Reactions: 7 people
It never seems to amaze me how Tennessee can find more ways to lose a game than any program I've ever seen. I had a bad feeling when Butch kicked the 3 instead of going for it right on the goaline. We've got a 240 RB and a descent mobile QB and Butch decides to take the 3. Butch coached this game not to lose instead of coaching to win. Bottom line is Butch blew this game on national TV, and everyone knows it. The jury was out if he could be a good in game coach, and tonight our questions were anwsered. I can't wait to hear all the coach talk tomorrow about how our team is young and how were going to start getting ready for next week. What a joke!Our talent was head & shoulders bbetter tonight. When we got the lead Butch went into conservative mode and started coaching to sit on his lead instead of coaching to score and win the game. Bottom line is OU &Stoops come into Neyland with a walkon QB and flat out beat us. It reminded me of the Fulmer days when he would get a lead and just sat on it, and end up losing the game. Some people might get mad, but this loss tonight was down right embarrassing and pathetic!!

The walk on QB is a stud.. Mark my words all Big 12.. Stop with that.. He can play his receivers didn't do him justice tonight.. Untill it mattered. Shepard is a stud

Reactions: 1 person
The walk on QB is a stud.. Mark my words all Big 12.. Stop with that.. He can play his receivers didn't do him justice tonight.. Untill it mattered. Shepard is a stud

Baker is mediocre, he'll have issues with legit teams.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't blame any of the coaches on either side in this one. Thought it was well coached game. The biggest difference in 2nd half was OU D line dominated the line of scrimmage, they were living in the back field. The O coordinator might have gotten a little conservative but considering how the Vols defense was playing and the fact that Dobson fumbled and it was an OU TD if not for the crazy quick whistle and Hurd fumbled and Vols lucky to get it back I think he wanted to make sure the offense didn't lose the game. Had the O line done their job you win the game. Both O lines struggled, but don't get down on your team you should have a good year. I have been an OU fan for 35+ years and this is one of the most talented teams I have seen. They are young on the O line but have playmaker after playmaker and this is the most depth Stoops has had at Defense since he has been here. After seeing the rest of the SEC teams in action this weekend there isn't anyone you all play the rest of the way out that you can't beat. Best of luck to you the rest of the season!!!!

Reactions: 11 people
Talked to several OU fans. All of which were a classy bunch. I can count on one hand the jerks I saw and even the ones I saw, I then witnessed another OU fan telling them off and even pointing them out to a police officer.

I wouldn't blame any of the coaches on either side in this one. Thought it was well coached game. The biggest difference in 2nd half was OU D line dominated the line of scrimmage, they were living in the back field. The O coordinator might have gotten a little conservative but considering how the Vols defense was playing and the fact that Dobson fumbled and it was an OU TD if not for the crazy quick whistle and Hurd fumbled and Vols lucky to get it back I think he wanted to make sure the offense didn't lose the game. Had the O line done their job you win the game. Both O lines struggled, but don't get down on your team you should have a good year. I have been an OU fan for 35+ years and this is one of the most talented teams I have seen. They are young on the O line but have playmaker after playmaker and this is the most depth Stoops has had at Defense since he has been here. After seeing the rest of the SEC teams in action this weekend there isn't anyone you all play the rest of the way out that you can't beat. Best of luck to you the rest of the season!!!!

I felt all off-season like Butch Jones was right when he said your team was underrated and a top 5 team. I think you all win the big 12 and make the playoffs. You have a hell of a team. And that QB, though I hated his guts the entire game, made play after play after play.

Good luck to ya'll the rest of the season and I wouldn't mind meeting you guys again in the playoffs.

Reactions: 3 people
congrats OU ,it was a hard fought game and ya'll came out on top tonight,best wishes on a good year for your team and stay injury free

Tennessee was on him all night the Oline was hurting him, the kid is a baller I'll say it again

I agree. Baker is tough and hardly mediocre. We did a great job of disrupting him early on but once he found his rhythm he did pretty well. Damn hard to get down too.

Can't hate on OU, if anything they get respect for not quitting. The reality is the only person we should be pointing at for the L is in the mirror.

Talked to several OU fans. All of which were a classy bunch. I can count on one hand the jerks I saw and even the ones I saw, I then witnessed another OU fan telling them off and even pointing them out to a police officer.
Section EE?

VN Store

Back