Kevin Carter talks Vols & SEC east

Kevin Carter previews SEC East storylines Kevin Carter previews SEC East storylines - ESPN Video *-via ESPN Champ Drive es.pn/champdrive

He doesn't believe the hype surrounding the program. He also says that our defense will have to beat Florida.

I think he's right about our defense having to beat their offense...that's where we should definitely have a decided advantage. They should still have a very good defense. If our defense can't control the game, put our offense in very good field position and perhaps even score, we're gonna have a difficult time with them IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Kevin Carter previews SEC East storylines Kevin Carter previews SEC East storylines - ESPN Video *-via ESPN Champ Drive es.pn/champdrive

He doesn't believe the hype surrounding the program. He also says that our defense will have to beat Florida.

He's correct. UT will have to earn respect from the Gators and the rest of the SEC East teams that have owned them the last 5 years.

As far as the Gators going 9-3, they have plenty of talented players on defense, but that lack playmakers and depth on offense. 9-3 would be a stretch unless they find a stud QB and some offensive linemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Carter is an ex Gator so he is higher on UF than most other analysts and he just can't bring himself to say much positive about UT.

Reactions: 2 people
His saying Florida's offense is not going to beat themselves like they have been is interesting. Obviously I expect McElwain to bring a much greater level of consistency to the Gators' offense given his proven track record, but all the coaching in the world can't mask the problems on Florida's O-Line. They may well beat Tennessee again -- it doesn't seem to matter how good or bad they are in order for that to happen -- but I think Carter is underselling some of his alma mater's troubles.

Reactions: 3 people
We know all too well how important a good OL is in this league. Unless someone steps up and takes over in fall camp, its not looking good for them.

We know all too well how important a good OL is in this league. Unless someone steps up and takes over in fall camp, its not looking good for them.

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily translate to things looking good for US. I'm convinced Florida could beat us without an offensive line. And I don't mean "without an offensive line" like "with a really bad offensive line." I mean "without an offensive line" like "literally with no people playing OL positions in the game."

It'd be a close game, though.

Can't belame him because we have not beat them since 2004 and they have been very mediocre since Tebow graduated.

Carter is an ex Gator so he is higher on UF than most other analysts and he just can't bring himself to say much positive about UT.

Last year he also said in the preseason on ESPN our strength was our offensive and defensive lines so I pay no attention to him.

Finally, my chance for my very own "cool story bro".............one of my best friends I served with had a sister who dated Kevin Carter back around 2002. She was about 5ft and about 100lbs soaking wet. You're welcome

If UF goes 9-3 McElwain should be the coach of the century. Ain't gonna happen.

Honestly, we should roll the Gators this year. Of course, I'd be happy with a 1 point triple OT win.

If UF goes 9-3 McElwain should be the coach of the century. Ain't gonna happen.

Honestly, we should roll the Gators this year. Of course, I'd be happy with a 1 point triple OT win.

It would have to be a 2-point triple OT win, and I'm not sure many Vol hearts could take the anxiety.

save us the stress. just monkey stomp them this year and get over the hump. like 95 Bama.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back