John Adams makes light of CBJ's "Power of One" slogan

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
It's said often around here, but yeah, Adams can be a real prick.

"While brick-by-brick is a program theme, there's another theme for this season: "The Power of One," as in one moment, one play, one practice, one game, one mind-set and one team."

Those who haven't been indoctrinated might suggest that two is twice as powerful as one, or that three is three times as powerful as one."

F John Adams

John Adams: Putting Butch Jones

Reactions: 2 people

"While brick-by-brick is a program theme, there's another theme for this season: "The Power of One," as in one moment, one play, one practice, one game, one mind-set and one team."

Those who haven't been indoctrinated might suggest that two is twice as powerful as one, or that three is three times as powerful as one."

F John Adams

John Adams: Putting Butch Jones

And he has one trick...for his pony.

Reactions: 6 people
Knoxville sports media is very, very sad. Hubbs, Adams, Hyams, every moron on The Sports Animal.

Just a bunch of sad creatures.

Reactions: 12 people
I thought it was kind of funny.

All of the slogans and catch-phrases are a bit sophomoric. Just play football.

Reactions: 7 people
I know Adams is not the most popular writer in K-Town but people continue to click on his links and read his articles. He knows his quirky journalism generates interest whether you like or dislike him.

Reactions: 1 person
I know Adams is not the most popular writer in K-Town but people continue to click on his links and read his articles. He knows his quirky journalism generates interest whether you like or dislike him.

Not me. If I ever see his name. I avoid. 100%

Just sayin'.

That's some seriously dumb crap. He actually gets paid by someone for crap like that? I'm in the wrong biz

A little off topic but a local high school here where I live has adopted Saban's mantra of not looking at the score, clock, or anything else concerning the game except the next play. The game is the play you're currently running. Do that ONE play to the best of your ability and the win will come without you even thinking about it.

The coaches take care of everything else.

It's working out well for them during practice. They obviously haven't played anyone yet, but the kids really buy into it. It's pretty revolutionary if you really think about it. Also works out pretty well for Saban and his guys.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Whoever it is at KNS that continues signing his paychecks should be fired as well! And no, I did not read and will not read any of this hack's "material".

Reactions: 4 people
A little off topic but a local high school here where I live has adopted Saban's mantra of not looking at the score, clock, or anything else concerning the game except the next play. The game is the play you're currently running. Do that ONE play to the best of your ability and the win will come without you even thinking about it.

The coaches take care of everything else.

It's working out well for them during practice. They obviously haven't played anyone yet, but the kids really buy into it. It's pretty revolutionary if you really think about it. Also works out pretty well for Saban and his guys.

Maybe he should have checked that clock before the field goal try against Aubie and put some of his tacklers on the field???

"The Power of One"

as in: "Can just ONE of you @sshole quarterback step up and play some decent SEC level football?!"

VN Store

Back