4215 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on What is wrong with you guys?!?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Ok Ive got to go to church, so cant chat... I went over to govolsxtra where it seems the worst ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
fooloshFool

What is wrong with you guys?!?

Ok Ive got to go to church, so cant chat...
I went over to govolsxtra where it seems the worst of our fans post. They didnt disappoint. Most of them picking UT to win and then complaining and trashing them. I thought Id get a little better when I came over here. Not by much. WHat is the deal guys? Good depth is just about the only reason we lost. And I keep seeing "God-awful" coaching by Chaney? Really? The pick was all Simms and Chaney is working with what he has. Simms isnt great, but he is decent at protecting the ball and making accurate passes. It was his 1st test. And who blamed the coaches for Stockers 'absense'? For real? Is it the coaches fault the veteran cant catch a pass all of a sudden? I was extrememly surprised with how well the special teams played (still cant return it). Half of these players for UT wouldnt be starting at alot of teams, let alone habe 2nd stringers that would be 2nd stringers anywhere else. As sucky of a blowout as it was, Im still optimistic. I think the Vols have a good chance of beating Florida and even Georgia. LSU isnt very impressive. UT will get better guys, just calm down. Im not blasting everyone or anyone, but I do get irritated when 2/3 of our fanbase pick UT and then blow up and bash the players and coaches (seriously the coaches? With what they have?). Sorry, but Im more frustated with the fanbase than me team. I think they can have a decent season with the schedule. They will get better. GBO!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Go to church and say a prayer.
tnbigboy is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Positive negativity.

We lost 48-13 and you expect us to just shake it off?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

That was my best visit to neyland ever. I wouldn't change a thing. Losing isn't everything.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
Um NO, but the Oregon game was not an SEC game and I think Oregon is the best team on the schedule (UF will find their offense eventually).

I think Dooley and his staff did a good job with what they had. They knew it was only a matter of time before fatigue set in so they tried what they could to get ahead. Yeah the loss really sucked guys, but its OK! A VERY young and inexperienced team. UT gave it everything they had in the 1st half. Im proud of them. I think they will be a much better team next. You have to have some growing pains, but its not as bad as it appears. Look on the bright side of things!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
How uwe doo-in?!?

Positives galore in the first half followed by many negatives in the second. No surprises really. Everyone knew this would be a learning year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Look at that SWUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other_Guy View Post
Um NO, but the Oregon game was not an SEC game and I think Oregon is the best team on the schedule (UF will find their offense eventually).

I think Dooley and his staff did a good job with what they had. They knew it was only a matter of time before fatigue set in so they tried what they could to get ahead. Yeah the loss really sucked guys, but its OK! A VERY young and inexperienced team. UT gave it everything they had in the 1st half. Im proud of them. I think they will be a much better team next. You have to have some growing pains, but its not as bad as it appears. Look on the bright side of things!
You do know we play Alabama, right?

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols57 View Post
I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.
Yeah I know but I saw several people over here picking UT. All Im saying is, I didnt see a 48-13 loss. I saw a possible bright future with a young enexperienced team that has NO freakin death. It is what it is. But I think the future will be ok.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Positive negativity.

Quote:

I expected it, and I'm proud of the effort the team showed, but I still don't like losing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
You do know we play Alabama, right?
O, HAHA oops yeah somehow Bama slipped my mind... Im losing it lol but I just meant its not like a middle of the road SEC team blew us out. It was a much deserving top 10 or 5 team from outta conference. Theres a positive to everything lol
Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fear The Fro

Chaney's play calling wasn't god awful, but it was a little iffy at times.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Class of 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
I don't think anyone expects you (read: plural you, as in the complainers) to do that. But it's not helpful.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Well Chaney really had no idea about his offense or passing game... but I do see your point and agree. And theres a start Bray thread? Seriously???
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
We Talk About...

Quote:
O, HAHA oops yeah somehow Bama slipped my mind... Im losing it lol but I just meant its not like a middle of the road SEC team blew us out. It was a much deserving top 10 or 5 team from outta conference. Theres a positive to everything lol
If Bama slipped your mind, you need more than a trip to church...
Reply With Quote TOP