Florida Hires Mike White

@gatorhoops: Per @GoodmanESPN, Florida never reached out to Chris Mack or Archie Miller. Mike White was candidate UF zeroed in on.

At least it's confirmation that Dave Hart was going after a good coach after CM jumped ship.

Reactions: 3 people
If the Ole Miss job becomes available, it will be interesting to see if White bolts for that job.

This is a "meh" hire if I'm a Florida fan, I was a White fan when we went through our last search, but to go from Donovan to White is a major downgrade IMO, good for Tennessee!

Reactions: 5 people
He is the guy ADs love. None of the blue bloods liked Gregg Marshal. I would have thought Florida would have done better but Foley. is trying to find the second BD.

I doubt he strikes lighting twice.

This is a "meh" hire if I'm a Florida fan, I was a White fan when we went through our last search, but to go from Donovan to White is a major downgrade IMO, good for Tennessee!

Who is out there that would be on the same level as Billy D and is available ? I can't think of anyone.

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda crazy that a school that won multiple national championships in football and basketball less than a decade ago hired two "meh" coaches for those programs.

he was born in Florida, but don't know how much he's actually lived there since his dad's job moved them around a lot. I know he graduated from high school in New Orleans

I don't know how long he stayed there but it's where's he's "from", and in the article he said its home for him.

Donovan was the same type of candidate when he came over from Marshall.

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda crazy that a school that won multiple national championships in football and basketball less than a decade ago hired two "meh" coaches for those programs.

Possibly. Who knows. They could win a championship or they could lose every game. It's a crap shoot typically.

Reactions: 1 person
Who is out there that would be on the same level as Billy D and is available ? I can't think of anyone.

That's not the question that a good AD asks. He is trying to find the answer to the question "Who is out there that WILL be on the same level as Billy D one day, and is available today"?

Billy Donovan was not at the same level as "Billy Donovan" when UF originally hired him. Even UF does not have the coin to go out and hire away a Billy Donovan level coach.

VN Store

Back