Dane Bradshaw: 'Donnie has done an unbelievable job'

kamoshika

"When you look at them on the court, you are hard pressed to find a guy that you wouldn't call a tough guy," Bradshaw said in a telephone interview. "You could look out on the court the past four or five years and say, ‘Those are your two or three tough guys on the team.' More times than not (this season), if someone walked into the building and saw the orange team playing the opponent, and you asked them, ‘What team plays harder?' It's usually the orange team."
Former Vol Dane Bradshaw impressed with Tennessee

Reactions: 14 people
Donnie has done a fine job of taking leftovers and making a competitive team. I can't wait until the players he recruited show up and add to the depth

Reactions: 8 people
Very interesting, Donnie's opinion of the SEC, "I have had the chance to see probably everyone in our league play at least a couple times. I think, without question, from what I have heard, this is the best the league has been in a few years. Top to bottom, you look at the teams around the league that have maybe been in the bottom tier of the league having great seasons. South Carolina is having a great year, Mississippi State just beat a really good Florida State team. So I think, with the exception of Kentucky, you probably have 17 other games that you could lose all 17 or you could win all 17. It is going to be that balanced and that small of a margin."

Taking a shot at Cuonzo ?

4-5 years would include Pearl's last 2 seasons, so appears to be a shot at both, although I doubt Dane intended it to be a shot at Bruce but probably couldn't remember how many years CM was at UT.

4-5 years would include Pearl's last 2 seasons, so appears to be a shot at both, although I doubt Dane intended it to be a shot at Bruce but probably couldn't remember how many years CM was at UT.

Can't blame him. Who wants to remember the CM era?

Reactions: 1 person
Not a fan of Martin but I'll give him props for the Sweet 16...and we very well could have been playing the Cats for the FF trip.

Very interesting, Donnie's opinion of the SEC, "I have had the chance to see probably everyone in our league play at least a couple times. I think, without question, from what I have heard, this is the best the league has been in a few years. Top to bottom, you look at the teams around the league that have maybe been in the bottom tier of the league having great seasons. South Carolina is having a great year, Mississippi State just beat a really good Florida State team. So I think, with the exception of Kentucky, you probably have 17 other games that you could lose all 17 or you could win all 17. It is going to be that balanced and that small of a margin."

I agree with him except the line about FSU is pure coach-speak. They are not "really good".

The irritant is the fact CCM sold the fact his teams and players would be tough. Stokes and Maymon were. Josh. The rest?

I think the whole toughness thing is just a cliche thrown around. I mean toughness is good and all, but how exactly do you define it? Armani Moore keeps going to the rim. Oh that's toughness!!! But if he's not finishing and not converting free throws what does it matter? L

People talk about how tough we are on defense because teams struggle to finish around the rim against us. Yeah, that's somewhat true. But it doesn't matter if you don't finish your defensive rotation and get burned on the three point shot.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the whole toughness thing is just a cliche thrown around. I mean toughness is good and all, but how exactly do you define it? Armani Moore keeps going to the rim. Oh that's toughness!!! But if he's not finishing and not converting free throws what does it matter? L

People talk about how tough we are on defense because teams struggle to finish around the rim against us. Yeah, that's somewhat true. But it doesn't matter if you don't finish your defensive rotation and get burned on the three point shot.

On the three point thing, I agree our zone is having trouble protecting against the three BUT I also think in time we will be able to better guard the three....Every defense gives up something.....it just happens to be the three with this zone....and I think...frustrating as it is...I'd rather chance a team for the duration of the game with the three...

Free throw rate...lol

When I think of tough,I think of Jarnell picking up the South Carolina player with one hand

They were talented enough. If they were tough, with that draw, final 4 would've been proof.

Do you even watch basketball?

You obviously don't know basketball or you wouldn't be using their draw as an excuse. Not getting to the final four according to you is proof Zo can't Coach because he had talent. Listen to yourself. They got to the tournament with a play in game and Zo coached and they played their way to the sixteen. If getting their was that easy Tyndall would have been there. Oh wait he was in the NIT and lost. Does that make him a bad coach? And he had talent. I'm not the biggest Zo fan since jumping on the Tyndall train but I do have enough sense and the hoops background to know that teams don't make it to the sweet sixteen without good coaching. You obviously are blinded by your hate for Zo that it is beneath you to give credit where it is do.

Reactions: 5 people
You obviously don't know basketball or you wouldn't be using their draw as an excuse. Not getting to the final four according to you is proof Zo can't Coach because he had talent. Listen to yourself. They got to the tournament with a play in game and Zo coached and they played their way to the sixteen. If getting their was that easy Tyndall would have been there. Oh wait he was in the NIT and lost. Does that make him a bad coach? And he had talent. I'm not the biggest Zo fan since jumping on the Tyndall train but I do have enough sense and the hoops background to know that teams don't make it to the sweet sixteen without good coaching. You obviously are blinded by your hate for Zo that it is beneath you to give credit where it is do.

Question answered. Thanks.

We're not getting burned on the 3. We're conceding it. Have been since the Marquette loss.
It's working so far.

We're not getting burned on the 3. We're conceding it. Have been since the Marquette loss.
It's working so far.

Exactly. When teams hit those threes when we're in zone it looks worse then it actually is. The way CDT teaches it teams aren't going to break that zone unless we have a breakdown somewhere. Rob Peter to pay Paul. Once he starts recruiting some true big men with length fans won't cringe as much. Personally I'm impressed with this style of zone the whole game. It works for us because CDT can coach on the go throughout the game while other coaches either don't say anything to their players or only adjust at the half. When NCAA cloud dissipates and he can truly recruit, the Vols are going to be nasty.

VN Store

Back