Heading Into The Conference Schedule..

Cletus P Fulmer

where do you guys see us finishing? I say we win the next 2 then go to State and win...they are horrible. So after that where do we fall?

We have almost no inside game at all, and you guys think we are going to finish in the top half? I hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

Well Vols 30, let's 'Shoot for the moon. Even if we miss, we may land among the stars.’

I have No doubt the team will give Max effort, I expect the team to be in every game except UK.

Jabari's injury really hurts this team. He was the only one physically ready for SEC grind. Carmichael and Owens are good players that need to get bigger.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think Kentucky is winnable...maybe not Peabody away or LSU away. Ole Miss has always been a tough win there...other than that we should be in every game on the road and should win our home games. Does that sound reasonable? BTW I love this board compared to the football forum. Too many defeatists and irrational folks there...folks here have a pretty solid grip on their emotions and expectations.

I have No doubt the team will give Max effort, I expect the team to be in every game except UK.

Jabari's injury really hurts this team. He was the only one physically ready for SEC grind. Carmichael and Owens are good players that need to get bigger.

Well they ate lots of spinach today at DT's place so just maybe they'll be like Popeye and have bigger muscles by Saturday. Lol. Btw...there was no BBQ!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 2 people
Having 18 games, im guessing between 8-10 conference wins depending on injuries and such. Also, I think we will continue to get better since these guys are new here, playing with eachother, and in CDTs system

I think we'll be in almost every game and be tough to beat at home

Having 18 games, im guessing between 8-10 conference wins depending on injuries and such. Also, I think we will continue to get better since these guys are new here, playing with eachother, and in CDTs system

Good assessment. I think 8-10 wins would be outstanding considering the little time DT had getting the roster together.

Can't tell if serious since the moon is closer than the stars

A teachable moment... No offense intended.

Lets dissect this quote...if we aim for the moon we may just SURPASS it and land among the stars. That would be even better, Especially Since the moon is closer to earth than the stars. That means we will do just what DT wants the team to do...OVERACHIEVE!

It's all in the way you interpret the quote. As a teacher, I encourage my students to think beyond the norm and outside of the box.

Most people would think this when they read that quote...Set your goals so high that even if they don’t work out you will still be flying among the stars which is not bad at all. Well that's because the average person thinks the moon is above the stars.

You are smart though. You know the moon is closer than the stars but did you think about this? Shoot for the moon, miss it and exceed ALL expectations? To me, that would be landing among the stars. Right?

Just a point to ponder. It's just the teacher in me.

Last edited:
Well Vols 30, let's 'Shoot for the moon. Even if we miss, we may land among the stars.’

I never understood this quote - stars are much further away and unattainable than the moon...

However, i do think CDT has these boys trying very hard which should serve them well for being competitive in sec play. I think they will settle out in top third.

10 conference wins will get CDT SEC COY...

I never understood this quote

See the problem was that Norman didn't understand the spatial relationship of the moon and stars.

The words just sounded good. He had good intentions though. However, he had no idea that the deep thinkers of the Great Tennessee VolNation would one day point out the mistake in his famous quote. :birgits_giggle:

I don't see them winning any conference road games. No inside game or dependable depth. Best they can hope for is a bye in the 1st round of the SEC tournament. I do enjoy the style of play and I think they will more entertaining to watch the the last 3 seasons. The coach can coach this is already proven.

VN Store

Back