3 out of 4?

BigTXVolFan

SIAP, who is the 4th CoachT keeps referencing that he hadn't spoken to yet and wasn't sure if he would honor his commitment?

I bet his 2 extra scholarships go to Juco guys, anyone else!

I believe it might of been Cofer and I would assume he is still coming to UT. Coach Tyndall was supposed to call him again later yesterday

Reactions: 1 person
SIAP, who is the 4th CoachT keeps referencing that he hadn't spoken to yet and wasn't sure if he would honor his commitment?

FWIW, I interpreted this as Donnie saying he simply didn't know because he hadn't spoken to the kid, not because he was unsure or had reason to believe the kid was wavering. And as others have said, if it is indeed Cofer, probably nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 3 people
I believe it might of been Cofer and I would assume he is still coming to UT. Coach Tyndall was supposed to call him again later yesterday

I don't think we have to worry about Cofer: (from the recruit tweet thread)

Philip @LifeisDeep_
Every time I think about any other college, it doesn't feel right....Tennessee is my home man.

UT Basketball signee, Philip Cofer.

Reactions: 5 people

Not a clue as to who he is referencing but, I like the "Coach T" catchy!!

Yeah I didn't think it was Cofer based on his tweets and his thread, hopefully nothing to worry about. Although they were recruited for a different system and CM group didn't know a full court press from a kick in the a$$ but I am excited to see that pressure!

Yeah I didn't think it was Cofer based on his tweets and his thread, hopefully nothing to worry about. Although they were recruited for a different system and CM group didn't know a full court press from a kick in the a$$ but I am excited to see that pressure!

Tyndall's system fits Cofer better than Martin's system did. No worries. Cofer will be a star at Tennessee.

Tyndall's system fits Cofer better than Martin's system did. No worries. Cofer will be a star at Tennessee.

Anybody else hope Cofer may be capable of achieving the rebounding prowess of Kenneth Faried? Comparisons are dangerous and foolish, but here's to hoping.:thumbsup:

I think the players that are currently left on our roster will do just fine in this system. Simply because most of the guys who are left have a lean body build that will allow us to get up and down the court and attack. The only thing I'm worried about is our pg play. Can Thompson take the next step? I believe Hubbs and Richardson are going to thrive in this offense they love to attack. AJ Davis is a name I would look out for next year he's going to be a good stretch 4.

Anybody else hope Cofer may be capable of achieving the rebounding prowess of Kenneth Faried? Comparisons are dangerous and foolish, but here's to hoping.:thumbsup:

Cofer already has a head start on him. He weighs more than Faried did as a freshman.

Btw siap, it was Cofer and he was in school when Coach DT called. No worries about him he's all vol. I'm just worried about Larry Austin coming. We really need him espically if we are pressing. Super quick defender.

CDT told Hyams it was Cofer that he had not gotten in touch with and the he was planning on calling Cofer right after the interview was over with on the Sports Animal. That was before 5PM yesterday. I don't think we will lose anyone out of this class. And hopefully we will be able to pick up a couple of more.

I am willing to give the coach a chance, but it looks like we are in a major rebuilding mold and i just dont know if he can GET the type of recruits here that can win year in year out.

I am willing to give the coach a chance, but it looks like we are in a major rebuilding mold and i just dont know if he can GET the type of recruits here that can win year in year out.

Running off 4 signees who at a minimum were SEC caliber isn't a great start IMO, but who knows.

He ran them off IMO

They're gonna ask for their release obviously if they feel they're not wanted

Also, asking for a release doesn't definitively indicate that they were run off. They may be unsure, and want to check out other schools with the intention of allowing Tyndall to re-recruit them. They can't do that unless they are released.

This is going to get interesting on Volnation, panic and drama to follow.

How many on current roster do you think will transfer?

VN Store

Back