Refs took away our chance to win.

Refs were also bad in the UGA vs OM game last night. And I heard this was a final four crew for this year too....

Reactions: 1 person
On the whole they did a pretty good job. The only REALLY bad call was the T on Maymon. That was a game changer. I don't know what he said but given that he was walking away and emotions were really high you got to swallow the whistle and play on.

Reactions: 4 people
I thought the game was played really hard on both sides .,,,,a great game. Obviously that call hurt us but that's not what beat us..,, our point guard play is absolutely atrocious. Antonio Barton has really hurt this team this year except for a couple of games.., and today I know there were three times when he tried to take it in on a drive and just turned it over.... And of course Florida's point guard play is the best in the country..,. Great game wish we could've won but we played hard...

Last edited:
I thought the game was played really hard on both sides a great game. Obviously that call hurt us but that's not what beat us..,, our point guard play is absolutely atrocious. Antonio Barton has really hurt this team this year except for a couple of games.., and today I know there were three times when he tried to take it in on a drive and just turned it over.... And of course Florida's point guard play is the best in the country..,. Great game wish we could've one but we played hard...

I agree with your assessment on PG play but the T put our best rebounder on the bench with the game in doubt and 4+ minutes left. It very well could have been the difference.

I try to never blame the refs for anything.... Having said that.,,,this year I have seen some really bad officiating.... When officials become part of the game you know they're not doing their job and that kind of happened today..... But certainly not why we lost the game.... To go over seven minutes and not score a point really really stopped our chances.

I thought the game was played really hard on both sides .,,,,a great game. Obviously that call hurt us but that's not what beat us..,, our point guard play is absolutely atrocious. Antonio Barton has really hurt this team this year except for a couple of games.., and today I know there were three times when he tried to take it in on a drive and just turned it over.... And of course Florida's point guard play is the best in the country..,. Great game wish we could've won but we played hard...

Just imagine if we had Wilbekin and FL had Barton. We would be undefeated and easily the best team in the country

Reactions: 1 person
Bad call on Maymon, not just me also by the TV guys. then the call on the elbow to nose by Scotty, not just me because Scotty admitted to the World on TV after the game that he hit him! So rack this one up to the refs.

The guys played a hell of a game. Should not have ended this way but it showed that they can play.

Go Big Orange!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I try to never blame the refs for anything.... Having said that.,,,this year I have seen some really bad officiating.... When officials become part of the game you know they're not doing their job and that kind of happened today..... But certainly not why we lost the game.... To go over seven minutes and not score a point really really stopped our chances.

Actually went almost 10 minutes without a FG. Hard to believe we still had a chance, until the technical and flagrant foul. That was a six point turnaround which was the difference in the game. Pat Adams should not be a Div. I referee.

When Maymon got t'd up? Looked like they were talking about how they are both ready for spring weather or maybe how diversified their retirement portfolio's were...

Is it a coincidence that we didn't get 1 call to go our way after that? Wish he'd grow a pair. Smh

Actually went almost 10 minutes without a FG. Hard to believe we still had a chance, until the technical and flagrant foul. That was a six point turnaround which was the difference in the game. Pat Adams should not be a Div. I referee.

Yeah I think the Stokes free throws were the only points. As far as officiating I think Ted Valentine is the worst I've ever seen. He always does something to give him lots of camera time... The next time he refs a game you watch and just see if he doesn't..., in fact there are a lot of nicknames out there for him one of them being TV Ted....

The foul calls were even, we just went cold...14 pts in the second half will not get you a W anytime soon

Just because the foul calls were even doesn't mean anything. (The second have wasn't). It's also about the fouls that weren't called. Florida was beating the crap out of our players and the refs did nothing about it.

Reactions: 3 people
Bad call on Maymon, not just me also by the TV guys. then the call on the elbow to nose by Scotty, not just me because Scotty admitted to the World on TV after the game that he hit him! So rack this one up to the refs.

The guys played a hell of a game. Should not have ended this way but it showed that they can play.

Go Big Orange!!!!!!

You do know that Wilbekin was called for a foul on that play, don't you. It wasn't flagrant but he was still called for the charge.

The foul calls were even, we just went cold...14 pts in the second half will not get you a W anytime soon

This kills me. Just because the fouls were "even" doesn't mean the game was well officiated. If one team gets away with chucks and bumps all day, they get away with much more. This game and "the game" is simply not called consistently these days. Maymon's technical was from 30 minutes of frustration of getting beat up and a bad call.

On the whole they did a pretty good job. The only REALLY bad call was the T on Maymon. That was a game changer. I don't know what he said but given that he was walking away and emotions were really high you got to swallow the whistle and play on.

Just some little insecure ref who needs to show some college kid whose boss. You could tell by his expression it was just to put Maymon in his place for having the audacity to question his judgement.

This. Many questionable calls, but Maymon shouldn't have lost his cool, and Barton should have just let it go.

Maybe I missed something, what did Maymon do? I didn't see anything and have heard that he didn't cuss the guy. What did he do? Players talk to refs all the time. What did he do to deserve a technical that would boot him?

Maybe I missed something, what did Maymon do? I didn't see anything and have heard that he didn't cuss the guy. What did he do? Players talk to refs all the time. What did he do to deserve a technical that would boot him?

I think he said "whatever".

He obviously said something wrong. Right after he turned around, you could tell he was waiting for the whistle. That's all on Maymon IMO. Even though the original foul called against him was complete BS.

VN Store

Back