BLo

bleedingTNorange

Interesting stay from SID Tom Satkowiak

“@TomSatkowiak: Walk-on @BLopez_24 has Tennessee's second-best +/- rating per 40 minutes (+8.72). He trails only Kenny Hall (+11.04).”

I remember a 5* pg that had an awesome Freshman year. Looked to be all SEC his sophmore year but was a total flop. Eventually, he was replaced by a slow white kid that had a bad handle and couldn't shoot to save his life. Bruce Pearl made the right decision to start Jordan Howell over Ramar Smith. I think it's time for CCM to do the same with Lopez and Golden. Make Golden earn his spot back.

I remember a 5* pg that had an awesome Freshman year. Looked to be all SEC his sophmore year but was a total flop. Eventually, he was replaced by a slow white kid that had a bad handle and couldn't shoot to save his life. Bruce Pearl made the right decision to start Jordan Howell over Ramar Smith. I think it's time for CCM to do the same with Lopez and Golden. Make Golden earn his spot back.

I've been Golden's biggest fan, but I'm a supporter of this.

It worked last year against GA. CCM started McBee instead of Golden and Golden scored 16 with 5 assists. Time to do it again.

“@TomSatkowiak: Walk-on @BLopez_24 has Tennessee's second-best +/- rating per 40 minutes (+8.72). He trails only Kenny Hall (+11.04).”

Those two people belong nowhere near the top of +/- stat midway through the season. I'm happy to see Kenny is there though. If he plays consistently like he did Friday, I may actually miss him when he's gone.

That didn't work out. At all. We ended up starting J.P. Prince at PG out of complete desperation.

That didn't work out. At all. We ended up starting J.P. Prince at PG out of complete desperation.

We didn't try JP at point until the NCAA tourney though, right?

I mean Howell did lead them to a 29-4(14-2) record and a 2 seed right?

Lopez isn't great, but he's the best backup option Tennessee has right now and for the forseeable future.

He's light years better than Moore right now, and if you compare his year of elite prep school play at Christ School in NC, he's as good or better than Travon Landry. Plus, he'll have two years in the system advantage over Landry.

Lopez isn't great, but he's the best backup option Tennessee has right now and for the forseeable future.

He's light years better than Moore right now, and if you compare his year of elite prep school play at Christ School in NC, he's as good or better than Travon Landry. Plus, he'll have two years in the system advantage over Landry.

Great find on those stats, that's very interesting.

I'm sure BLo is a team player, and wouldn't force Cuonzo's hand, but he doesn't need to pay to play if this role continues.

At this point I'd rather give B Lo a scholarship than bring in Landry.

At this point I'd rather give B Lo a scholarship than bring in Landry.

Very interesting. If B Lo continues to show that he can fill the back up pg position, then it will be totally unfair for a scholly player to be riding the pine while you are logging minutes. Similar to Armani. Maybe B Lo gets his scholly next year.

playing Lopez for extended minutes is a recipe for disaster and NIT bid.

however, all SEC opposing guards support this and cannot wait to blow past him and not have to worry about guarding him on offense.

Playing Lopez for a long time will be a lot like playing Pearl jr. Someone will be getting doubled team. Because its pretty much playing 4 on 5. I like Lopez and how quick he is I just worry about that.

playing Lopez for extended minutes is a recipe for disaster and NIT bid.

however, all SEC opposing guards support this and cannot wait to blow past him and not have to worry about guarding him on offense.

SEC opposing guards much rather see golden guarding them than Lopez lol.

No, Chris Lofton, JaJuan Smith, Wayne Chism, Tyler Smith, Duke Crews and Prince did.

Point being Howell didn't cause losses, golden currently is. It's like when you have a good D in football and just need a QB who doesn't lose you the game, well right now Golden's doing everything he can to lose us the game. (no I don't mean intentionally either)

Very interesting. If B Lo continues to show that he can fill the back up pg position, then it will be totally unfair for a scholly player to be riding the pine while you are logging minutes. Similar to Armani. Maybe B Lo gets his scholly next year.

I'd rather Landry look elsewhere and BLO get the scholarship and Armani stay. I think he'll be a good combo guard in a year or two, but I don't see him being a PG.

VN Store

Back