Latest from TOS on Scotty

DaDuRkEr

Biggest Vols
Scotty's measurables don't hurt him, and his workouts with elite talent with the USA select team last summer should back this up as well... It wouldn't surprise me as for a 2G, he is probably better equipped than Tyrus Thomas was when he was picked in the first round. Teams throw out smoke screens all the time, and a few teams may just have realistic hopes of snatching Scotty in the first round.

Advisor: Scotty Hopson 'believes he?s a solid first-round guy' GoVolsXtra

I'm not saying I think he should, but the NBA has had more WTF moments come draft day than any other sport I follow.

Mods, move if needed. I didn't see this anywhere

Does the advisor also believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa? 1st round? :eek:lol:

The GM that drafts Scotty Hopson in the first round deserves to be fired, only after getting a nice, firm kick in the nuts first.

Scotty certainly is lacking the mental toughness and ball handling categories. I've criticized him as much as anyone, but I do think he'll be one of the 60 picks. However, I think it's crazy to consider him a solid 1st round pick regardless of the weak draft class.

No Hopson? No Harris? No Jones?:cray:

There, there.
No doubt the loss of Harris will hurt, but let's be honest; Hopson thinks too much of himself, and Jones is headed to JUCO, which is likely to mean that he cannot cut it in the classroom. We can do without them. We've got some tough, hard-nosed, and level-headed kids in their place. Don't worry.

Posted via VolNation Mobile

There, there.
No doubt the loss of Harris will hurt, but let's be honest; Hopson thinks too much of himself, and Jones is headed to JUCO, which is likely to mean that he cannot cut it in the classroom. We've got some tough, hard-nosed, and level-headed kids with much less talent in their place.

Edited to better reflect reality.

I think Martin will prove to be a solid coach, but given the choice of the trio of Hopson, Harris, and Jones vs. Washpun, Chievous, and Richardson, anyone with more basketball knowledge than a rock will choose the former. (Though it's not Martin's fault that he's in a situation where he has to replace all 3 of them and the pickings are slim.)

Edited to better reflect reality.

I think Martin will prove to be a solid coach, but given the choice of the trio of Hopson, Harris, and Jones vs. Washpun, Chievous, and Richardson, anyone with more basketball knowledge than a rock will choose the former. (Though it's not Martin's fault that he's in a situation where he has to replace all 3 of them and the pickings are slim.)

Well said.

I will save my opinion for coach later.

I think both of them are gone. And I mean g-o-n-e.

You know maybe some of you guys could show Hopson a little support no matter what he does.....VFL remember. If I was him and saw some of the stuff posted on here, I wouldn't come back to TN regardless. This, to me, is embarassing as UT Alumnus. Many of you don't seem to understand the impact your statements have sometimes on these young guys. It's easy for you to sit at your computer or mobile phone and criticize someone. I think we should support him if he decides to go to the draft or stays at Tennessee.

You know maybe some of you guys could show Hopson a little support no matter what he does.....VFL remember. If I was him and saw some of the stuff posted on here, I wouldn't come back to TN regardless. This, to me, is embarassing as UT Alumnus. Many of you don't seem to understand the impact your statements have sometimes on these young guys. It's easy for you to sit at your computer or mobile phone and criticize someone. I think we should support him if he decides to go to the draft or stays at Tennessee.

ill agree. i find it funny how a year ago everyone was so excited about harris, actually hoping he would be a one and done to "give the vols some nba cred". now we have a chance to have 2 players drafted for the first time in 9 years and they all sing a different tune. i hope any players that read this understands most of these internet tough guys are simply just lonely angry people.

At this point, I hope Scotty goes. I'm over him. Tobias has never really led us down a road of uncertatinty, and we've all always expected that he'd be a one-and-done, and more solidly confirmed that after this season. Still, Scotty was expected to be a one-and-done, and has done nothing but show his inability to ball handle, make good decisions, throw pillow-soft passes, show periodic lack of defensive hustle, etc. He'll get eaten up in the NBA, if he sees the floor for more than anything but mop-up duty. He needs another year in college. (Wish he could get 2 more, cause he needs that, really...) JMO.

I wish the best for him -- hope he does get drafted in the first round.

I just don't think he will.

I've been wrong before, though. I thought Rondo was garbage.

Let's get real. We would be better with Scotty than not. Too bad he is getting a good reality check. I wish him the best, but he is on for a big let down. IMO

Scotty certainly is lacking the mental toughness and ball handling categories. I've criticized him as much as anyone, but I do think he'll be one of the 60 picks. However, I think it's crazy to consider him a solid 1st round pick regardless of the weak draft class.

As a Duke fan, where do you think he'll go? 1-10, 10-20, 20-30....

Supersmo,

You are right its not like he's led the team in scoring or been an All-SEC performer...

I think Scotty has got Arian Foster syndrome. His mistakes were glaring and stood out more than they should've. No one on here, myself included thought Foster was capable of leading the NFL in rushing. We should all be crossing our fingers, standing in Scotty's corner, and cheering him on and hoping he has success.

VFL is where its at

I doubt Hop is reading VN in his leisure time. And if he was I don't think he would care what some anonymous online forum posters think that have never even laced them up. I don't think he is a 1st rounder. If he goes I hope he does well for his sake and as a reflection on UT bball program. Just think he would be better served to stay and improve some of his skills & effort under CCM.

On Draft Express, the analysts don't even have Hopson going in either round this year, and then have him in the 2012 mock draft going in the second round behind DeAndre Liggins. He will be back, unless he is going to make the same mistake as Terrance Jennings from Louisville who stayed in the draft, and is on the fringe of going undrafted.

Worst of all, no Pearl.
Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride. :bump3:

LOL...I am not sure how Bernard King, Ernie Grunfeld, Dale Ellis, Reggie Johnson, Ron Widby, Jimmy England, Tony White, Dyron Nix and Allan Houston ever found the court without Bruce Pearl as head coach.

C'mon, you should give posts like this a rest. Pearl did some great things for UT, yet he is NOT UT basketball. There was plenty of tradition before him and there will be plenty after.

VN Store

Back