3196 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2012 commitment list Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. Originally Posted by Nashvegas Yeah but even if Serrano wasnt here Simcox would have come. It doesnt matter who the ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
Yeah but even if Serrano wasnt here Simcox would have come. It doesnt matter who the coach is, Simcox was going to UT. Have you seen Vandys or Florida recruiting classes? All their players get drafted and are in the top 150 players in the nation. Once we do that then I will get excited.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
you're kidding me right? you obviously didn't listen to his radio interview... you know, the one when he flat out said he wasn't going to go to UT until Dave came along.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey10 View Post
you're kidding me right? you obviously didn't listen to his radio interview... you know, the one when he flat out said he wasn't going to go to UT until Dave came along.
You can add Andrew Lee as another commit who said he wasn't interested in us until Serrano got here.

Also said that Vandy and Louisville were after him as well. So that would make two guys that Vandy was after that we got and yet we aren't going to be able to compete with them even though we are after the same guys?

Brilliant.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #33 (permalink)

Its great to get instate guys. Need to be getting the stephen gant's of the world if this thing is gonna get turned around. King from Riverdale committed to GA Tech recently. UT wasn't even on his list of options
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite1 View Post
Its great to get instate guys. Need to be getting the stephen gant's of the world if this thing is gonna get turned around. King from Riverdale committed to GA Tech recently. UT wasn't even on his list of options
I've tried to talk Gant into considering UT again since Serrano is here.

Seems pretty solid to Vandy though.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4L View Post
I've tried to talk Gant into considering UT again since Serrano is here.

Seems pretty solid to Vandy though.

Edit: No worries, I'm not a stalker. We're friends..I caught him at Riverside his freshman and sophomore years.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dan Uggla's Massive Arms

Derek Lance committed today. Time to update.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...ml#post5342472
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #37 (permalink)

I got to meet Colton Harris tonight. Said he loves Coach Serrano and genuinely believes they are about to turn things around. Great kid.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #38 (permalink)

KendallRogerPG: "Said a while back #Tennessee coach Dave Serrano wouldn't let things stay same for long. His staff is recruiting lights out. #Vols #UT #SEC"

"CBT: #Tennessee has landed arguably the nation's top JUCO player, plus commits for #UCF #AppyState #EIU. Rogers' College Premium Forum - Perfect Game #Vols #SEC"

Anyone know who it is?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Dan Uggla's Massive Arms

My guess is one of the 2 JUCO commits reported from last week in this thread.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenne...yesterday.html
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

[QUOTE=BigOrange51;5678164]KendallRogerPG: "Said a while back #Tennessee coach Dave Serrano wouldn't let things stay same for long. His staff is recruiting lights out. #Vols #UT #SEC"

"CBT: #Tennessee has landed arguably the nation's top JUCO player, plus commits for #UCF #AppyState #EIU. Rogers' College Premium Forum - Perfect Game #Vols #SEC"

JC all-american pitcher/1B. 10-1/2.10 ERA. Batted around .400 w/ 18 homeruns and 100 RBI.
Re: Serrano got another big time recruit. Who is it? (reply)
by manofsteel51 at 10/18 1:43 PM

Adam Giacalone is a pitcher/first baseman who was a JUCO All-American last season and throws from the right side.

He went 10-1 with a 2.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings for Neosho Community College last season. He also struck out 83 and walked 14 and teams hit him at a .229 clip.

Giacalone batted .396 with 18 home runs and 102 RBIs.

Giacalone was courted by several programs, such as TCU, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn and Nebraska, among others.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
Dan Uggla's Massive Arms

Looks like Adam Giacalone is correct based on his twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/#!/adamgiacalone

That means Serrano got 3 JUCO commits in the last week, and one is considered in the top in the nation. Exciting!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore_21 View Post
JC all-american pitcher/1B. 10-1/2.10 ERA. Batted around .400 w/ 18 homeruns and 100 RBI.
Re: Serrano got another big time recruit. Who is it? (reply)
by manofsteel51 at 10/18 1:43 PM

Adam Giacalone is a pitcher/first baseman who was a JUCO All-American last season and throws from the right side.

He went 10-1 with a 2.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings for Neosho Community College last season. He also struck out 83 and walked 14 and teams hit him at a .229 clip.

Giacalone batted .396 with 18 home runs and 102 RBIs.

Giacalone was courted by several programs, such as TCU, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn and Nebraska, among others.
Wow. Thanks, Jordan. I was about to ask you on twitter. This is a huge pickup. I am so excited about the future of this program.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrange51 View Post
Wow. Thanks, Jordan. I was about to ask you on twitter. This is a huge pickup. I am so excited about the future of this program.
As am I! I LOVE baseball, I use to go to A LOT of the games when Delmonico was here then stopped when Raleigh came (couldn't stand him). I can't wait for the season to start, Serrano was a HOMERUN hire.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore_21 View Post
As am I! I LOVE baseball, I use to go to A LOT of the games when Delmonico was here then stopped when Raleigh came (couldn't stand him). I can't wait for the season to start, Serrano was a HOMERUN hire.
Yea. Ironically, I wasn't really a fan until '09. I was at every home game Raleigh's middle two years, knowing how much the kids needed support; feeling their pain, having been down there in '08. I couldn't make it to a game last season. Just didn't have the stomach to continue to watch the train wreck.

To see this program be headed back where it belongs, means the world to me. And I don't want to imply that a Serrano run program guarantees wins. What I mean is that he will demand respect from everyone in the country in every aspect of college baseball. That is what matters to me. Serrano gets it. He has made me feel more welcome in this baseball program now than I did as a PLAYER under Raleigh. Waaay more welcome. That means so much to me specifically, but it also has huge implications for everyone who wants to be a part of this program. You will be welcomed with open arms now and in the future. Fans, players, donors. Nothing goes unnoticed. That is HUGE. I am so happy with this staff.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #45 (permalink)

Updated and added a few things to already existing commits. If I am missing anyone let me know.

Last edited by lylsmorr; 10-19-2011 at 12:48 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP