Zarielle Green to Tennessee

Boom there you go folks!!! Number 13 in the class gives us a great player and makes us at least a top five class this season. Bring on Burrell and a center the Lady Vols are cooking.

Reactions: 4 people
3 whole topics for 1 player lol , Im still excited Zay Is the real deal . I can see her being a legit scoring option at SF. Great player to replace nared. Long Athletic with a scorers mentality !

Reactions: 3 people
Great get. Dan Olsen also said he is likely to move Zarielle Green into his top 5 when ESPN publishes their final 2018 rankings.

Reactions: 2 people
She's a lights out shooter, and she comes from a perennial winning program in Duncanville. Models her game after Catchings.

Reactions: 11 people
She's a lights out shooter, and she comes from a perennial winning program in Duncanville. Models her game after Catchings.

Watched her play against the baylor commit last year in the State tourney and it was a great battle. Zay has go go gadget arms and very active on both ends of the floor. Going down hill with the ball in her hands shes pretty much unstoppable. Also has a nice pull up mid range game ! She will be a great compliment to Hayes & Westbrook ! Still think we need a post , KK starting as a sophmore doesnt sit right with me.

This was huge as we will have anther top 10 class and I want Burrell to and KK is fine she and green can Handle the Post I am sure. Davis will most likely slide to the 4 position in next couple years.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys keep on forgetting about COLLINS! Yes she isn't a true center, but a real post for sure!

Welcome to the family Green :)

Reactions: 6 people
This young lady is a defensive minded scorer like Evina & Annie...our backcourt will have a LOCK-DOWN press and we should score a lot off opponent's turnovers...class looking GREAT!

Zay Green has a lot of attitude too... lots of fire. Yells and jumps after big buckets and gets in her teammates faces after good or bad plays. She is a great influence to have on the floor.

She has gotten so much better every year too. She was great as a freshman and sophomore and became elite her Junior season. Her handle has become so good. She can break any players down off the dribble and with her size that helps create match up nightmares.

She also has quite the WCBB royalty as mentors too. Odyssey Sims has high praise for her as well as Tiff Jackson-Jones who played at Duncanville. Of course the most recognizable Duncanville alumni Tamika Catchings happens to be Zay's favorite player and has visited Green and Duncanville many times, especially in the last few years, to provide words of encouragement.

Zay won't need much time to adjust to the college game in terms of the much bigger stage regarding exposure/fans etc.

Reactions: 4 people
Watched her play against the baylor commit last year in the State tourney and it was a great battle. Zay has go go gadget arms and very active on both ends of the floor. Going down hill with the ball in her hands shes pretty much unstoppable. Also has a nice pull up mid range game ! She will be a great compliment to Hayes & Westbrook ! Still think we need a post , KK starting as a sophmore doesnt sit right with me.
Good get for the LVs. I had a gut feeling she would chose Tennessee when things went south for Kansas and the Duncanville girls.

I was wondered about recruiting for a while when Law left , but looks, like we able to still land good players

I was thinking the same thing ! This was a HUGE get especially for the “new staff”... hopefully a good way to reopen the Texas pipeline as well! I guess Sharrona and the other coaches were able to work their magic to even get her to visit then to pull off a switcheroo.

Lady Vols get commit from 2018 guard

This is one of the best articles I've read related to a player and recruiting/commitment. Fantastic Interview!

Thanks for the read.... Looks like we got a good kid and family! Having been involved with split families,,, I know the challenge of doing what is best for the children. I am anxious to she her showcase her talents! 👍

Thanks for the read.... Looks like we got a good kid and family! Having been involved with split families,,, I know the challenge of doing what is best for the children. I am anxious to she her showcase her talents! 👍

I felt the same... they sound like really wonderful parents, making their situation work for what’s best for their kids.

Remarkable pickup. The staff and the program -- and the fans that make the program unique in spite of all the recent struggles -- deserve kudos for this one. Very good news.

The one girl of the three, is she a true division 1 player? I know she hasn't decommitted, not even sure if she would be a fit at UT or Houston, just interested on her and any chance she might decommit. Was it Kansas or was it Kansas State that had the messy transfer situation a few years back. Anyway, i would hate to see a kid end up like Merecedes teammate at Louisville.

I was thinking the same thing ! This was a HUGE get especially for the “new staff”... hopefully a good way to reopen the Texas pipeline as well! I guess Sharrona and the other coaches were able to work their magic to even get her to visit then to pull off a switcheroo.

Zay contacted TN. She was unsure of KU & I think pulled the gun prematurely after visiting with 2 other teammates. She canceled her OV with other schools including TN.

Then she regretted it.

Zay decommitted from KU and took visits to UCLA & TN.

Hacks in social media press are trying to make it some sort of pay for play deal gone wrong.

Then also trying to say TN unethical for recruiting a player committed to another school. (It's not even illegal until after they sign.)

But TN has clean hands and even called KU to confirm Zay decommitted & that they knew she was visiting TN.

Oh, the drama. Folks always trying to bring you down. But things often seem suspicious in recruiting.

The one girl of the three, is she a true division 1 player? I know she hasn't decommitted, not even sure if she would be a fit at UT or Houston, just interested on her and any chance she might decommit. Was it Kansas or was it Kansas State that had the messy transfer situation a few years back. Anyway, i would hate to see a kid end up like Merecedes teammate at Louisville.

I believe she is the lower ranked of the 3. She was the first to commit to KU, and she is still committed. Expect her to remain at KU.

Zay contacted TN. She was unsure of KU & I think pulled the gun prematurely after visiting with 2 other teammates. She canceled her OV with other schools including TN.

Then she regretted it.

Zay decommitted from KU and took visits to UCLA & TN.

Hacks in social media press are trying to make it some sort of pay for play deal gone wrong.

Then also trying to say TN unethical for recruiting a player committed to another school. (It's not even illegal until after they sign.)

But TN has clean hands and even called KU to confirm Zay decommitted & that they knew she was visiting TN.

Oh, the drama. Folks always trying to bring you down. But things often seem suspicious in recruiting.

Truth... all of it. Zay contacted Tennessee last week and asked to reschedule her visit that week.... so they made it happen.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back