Taya Reimer to transfer from Notre Dame

I saw her play three times this year. Nothing special about her. Definitely not in the same class as Jewell Loyd or Brianna Turner.

I must be getting old, because I remember players finishing the academic year before announcing their plans to transfer. There seems to be a lot more of these mid-year exits. Is this a symptom of this me-generation wanting instant gratification? If they do not get the adulation they think they deserve they pack up their marbles and go home? Or is something else going on here?

It cannot be playing time. Both Reimer and Calhoun were starters. Sadie Edwards was a different situation. She figured out the pecking order and did not want to put in the effort to compete against those ahead of her. As a parent, I would expect my children to honor their commitment to the team and finish the year before making a change. You owe it to your teammates and you owe it to yourself. The same would apply for non-athletes who transfer schools. Can a young person really make an informed decision without giving the school a chance? Stick out the year, and if it still is not what you want, then look at other options.

Reactions: 2 people
I saw her play three times this year. Nothing special about her. Definitely not in the same class as Jewell Loyd or Brianna Turner.

I must be getting old, because I remember players finishing the academic year before announcing their plans to transfer. There seems to be a lot more of these mid-year exits. Is this a symptom of this me-generation wanting instant gratification? If they do not get the adulation they think they deserve they pack up their marbles and go home? Or is something else going on here?

It cannot be playing time. Both Reimer and Calhoun were starters. Sadie Edwards was a different situation. She figured out the pecking order and did not want to put in the effort to compete against those ahead of her. As a parent, I would expect my children to honor their commitment to the team and finish the year before making a change. You owe it to your teammates and you owe it to yourself. The same would apply for non-athletes who transfer schools. Can a young person really make an informed decision without giving the school a chance? Stick out the year, and if it still is not what you want, then look at other options.

Agree with you 100% concerning honoring your commitment to the team and finishing the year out before transferring. The speculation on the ND boards is that she had enough of the coaches badgering her in the practices. But that is only speculation at this point.
It will be interesting to see where she lands. A very highly rated prospect out of HS that hasn't quite lived up to expectations so far.

Agree with you 100% concerning honoring your commitment to the team and finishing the year out before transferring. The speculation on the ND boards is that she had enough of the coaches badgering her in the practices. But that is only speculation at this point.
It will be interesting to see where she lands. A very highly rated prospect out of HS that hasn't quite lived up to expectations so far.
I think it has more so to do with her playing out of position. In high School she was a 3-4 but at ND she has mostly played the 5. She was Achonwo's primary backup last season and thought she would see some action at the 3 this year but ND didn't add any size other than Turner (who is a better player and Legit 4) and with them playing a 3 guard starting lineup it didn't help her chances of playing the position she is comfortable playing. I don't understand why she signed there in the first place knowing she would see alot of action in the post.If I am Tyler Summit, i would be contacting her and Sierra Calhoun (the 6'0" guard who transferred from Duke) They both would be available for him this time next year and could really put La Tech back on the map. Both ladies would get a lot of playing time and would alongside summit be remembered for rebuilding the program.

I think it has more so to do with her playing out of position. In high School she was a 3-4 but at ND she has mostly played the 5. She was Achonwo's primary backup last season and thought she would see some action at the 3 this year but ND didn't add any size other than Turner (who is a better player and Legit 4) and with them playing a 3 guard starting lineup it didn't help her chances of playing the position she is comfortable playing. I don't understand why she signed there in the first place knowing she would see alot of action in the post.If I am Tyler Summit, i would be contacting her and Sierra Calhoun (the 6'0" guard who transferred from Duke) They both would be available for him this time next year and could really put La Tech back on the map. Both ladies would get a lot of playing time and would alongside summit be remembered for rebuilding the program.

I don't see how Reimer could expect to play as a 3. She's too big and lacks quickness.

She would actually do a lot to help Tennessee's post play next year. She could rotate between the 4/5. I wonder if she would be interested?

Reactions: 1 person
Taya Reimer of Indianapolis, Ind., told ESPN HoopGurlz she verbally committed to Notre Dame on Friday afternoon. The 6-foot-2 junior forward also considered Connecticut, Duke, Georgia, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M and UCLA before choosing the Fighting Irish.

“I chose Notre Dame because of a lot of different reasons,’’ Reimer said. “I have a strong relationship with the entire staff, and that was very important to me. Along with that I am extremely comfortable on campus and with the team. It’s close to my family and friends and I decided that was important as well.’’

She reminds me a lot of Alyssia Brewer. ND has great post coaches, probably the best post coaches in womens college basketball. Why would you leave that unless basketball is not your dream?

She reminds me a lot of Alyssia Brewer. ND has great post coaches, probably the best post coaches in womens college basketball. Why would you leave that unless basketball is not your dream?

I think the Brewer situation would have turned out differently if not for her freak foot injury.

She ballooned up after that, and seemed to be in Pat's doghouse because of her conditioning. If not for the injury, I think she would have continued with her year to year improvements and would have been very good player for Tennessee by the time she graduated.

She would be nice bench depth for the LadyVols

According to one with "sources" on RebKell, Tennessee is in the picture WRT Reimer's future.

Picking her up would be more help for next year's team than either of the bigs lost to Baylor. Granted, she'd miss the first half of the season, but she would be a big help come SEC conference play. She's got size, she's got experience at the collegiate level playing extended minutes for an elite team, and she would be a very good pinch hitter for Mercedes and Bashaara.

Reactions: 5 people
I really think she will end up at Purdue.
Being from Indiana, sadly these girls think it's something special. It smells and their mascot is ugly. I think it comes down to location. We have a lot of talent in the Indianapolis metro area, Purdue is the closes to us, then Louisville and ND. Plus the Big 10 is all that is talked about in this state, so the girls get brainwashed early :(
Believe me when I say I'm trying to do my part waving my orange flag everywhere I go.

Reactions: 2 people
There's a lot of reasons a person would like or not like college. I played college baseball and HATED my college. I stayed and stuck it out, but I would not hold it against anyone who, if they had felt like me, decided to do something about it and go somewhere that makes you happy.

She has huge potential, but to me she's out of shape. If she could get her weight under control it would do well for her game.

She has huge potential, but to me she's out of shape. If she could get her weight under control it would do well for her game.

She would be a role player, not a star.

A chubby Taya Reimer on the bench along with Nia Moore is better than just Nia Moore alone. Conditioning would hopefully follow, but they need her as insurance more than anything else right now.

She would be a role player, not a star.

A chubby Taya Reimer on the bench along with Nia Moore is better than just Nia Moore alone. Conditioning would hopefully follow, but they need her as insurance more than anything else right now.

I didn't mean the team couldn't use her. I was just saying it would beneficial for her and and whatever team she's on if she stays or if she goes to get herself in shape. It would help her battling inside and anybody can go from being a role player to a star.

I didn't mean the team couldn't use her. I was just saying it would beneficial for her and and whatever team she's on if she stays or if she goes to get herself in shape. It would help her battling inside and anybody can go from being a role player to a star.

Totally agree. But for the time being, I'd be happy with another tall, wide body on the bench to spell Mercedes and Bashaara...in shape or not.

With school getting ready to start back up, I suspect we won't have to wait long to find out what her plans will be.

Before last night I was putting Tennessee's chances of winning the ND game at close to 0%. I still don't think they will win, as ND is tough at home, but I'm a little more optimistic with Reimer's departure. If you think she doesn't make a difference, just look at last night's result....

Before last night I was putting Tennessee's chances of winning the ND game at close to 0%. I still don't think they will win, as ND is tough at home, but I'm a little more optimistic with Reimer's departure. If you think she doesn't make a difference, just look at last night's result....

If Reimer doesn't return to the team, then Tennessee losing to ND would be a huge disappointment.

If Tennessee's two Wooden Award finalist post players can't dominate a matchup with NDs freshmen posts, then that would be a gigantic missed opportunity.

If ND uses the same starting lineup (Allen, Mabrey, Cable, Loyd, Turner), then Tennessee should win that game by at least 15.

If Reimer doesn't return to the team, then Tennessee losing to ND would be a huge disappointment.

If Tennessee's two Wooden Award finalist post players can't dominate a matchup with NDs freshmen posts, then that would be a gigantic missed opportunity.

If ND uses the same starting lineup (Allen, Mabrey, Cable, Loyd, Turner), then Tennessee should win that game by at least 15.

Sounds like Holly should be fired if she loses this game.... :lolabove:

Lloyd & Turner can beat Tn all by themselves....

I tend to disagree...Lloyd is an All-American and Turner could challenge for Freshman of the year, however I like Harrison over Turner and Carter guarding Lloyd, and if Tenn continues their level of play then I think we beat ND, whether is by 1 or 30...I'll take the W! Would be a great win on the road for Holly.

VN Store

Back