Heritage High School Football

4-6 usual? Try winning one or two a year as normal. Chaney however is interested in a 6'6'' 300 lb offensive lineman there named Talon Brown. See him visit a few times
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Until the entire attitude of the players, parents and everyone surrounding the program changes, no.

Russell is trying his best to improve. He's ten times more aggressive than Rewis was in his style. Russell actually cares

Russell is trying his best to improve. He's ten times more aggressive than Rewis was in his style. Russell actually cares

Agree. I think Coach Russell is a good young coach and has some great assistants as well. But the entire atmosphere of the program is going to have to change, and that is what I am talking about.

Example #1 - the headaches that ensued over not painting the field as punishment for the WB game fiasco last year.

Agree. I think Coach Russell is a good young coach and has some great assistants as well. But the entire atmosphere of the program is going to have to change, and that is what I am talking about.

Example #1 - the headaches that ensued over not painting the field as punishment for the WB game fiasco last year.

I don't care how good they do as long as they don't beat my govs.:)

One thing I can say is that Russell is a much needed improvement to the program as a whole. I was in school at Heritage the whole time Rewis was there and I was never impressed. I had him in class twice and anytime anybody would ask it would be we should have won and we'll get em next time. Russell on the other hand doesn't make excuses and has a much better gameplan for each game and its not the same crap over and over again every Friday Night.

FYI- 4-6 is much better than the numerous 1 and 2 win seasons when Corum was there.

Heritage ran off the best coach they had 10 years ago. They deserve nothing.

I cant remember his name off the top of my head but I know who you're talking about. Heritage was a legit threat for a few years in the late 90s-Early 00s. I know they had a Win over Maryville and a 4 point loss to Alcoa a year in which both teams won State Championships.

My oh my, I have not even thought about Heritage football since we lost like 20 in a row back in the 90s. Horrible.

I cant remember his name off the top of my head but I know who you're talking about. Heritage was a legit threat for a few years in the late 90s-Early 00s. I know they had a Win over Maryville and a 4 point loss to Alcoa a year in which both teams won State Championships.

Danny Wilson, and yes they screwed up there he beat Maryville two years in row, but the parents didnt like him cause he yelled at their kids which is just horrible because there should be absolutely no yelling in football(sarcasm). He even helped them make the playoffs.

I went to school there and graduate in 1995. I think we lost every game but one or two the three years I attended there. It was a sad sight. I was always surprised they couldn't field a good team at a school with that size of student body.

many of the great athletes at the feeder middle schools somehow ended up at maryville. combine that with awful coaching and it's very understandable imo.

Beat them 50-0 my sophomore year lost my junior year (they made the playoffs) and beat them by two my senior year. They were good in '99 and 2000 but overall have been pretty terrible.

In my last year at Heritage, Russell took the team to a 4-6 season, and started 3-0 for the first time since 2000. Everyone saw this as such a huge accomplishment, but those first three wins were to Karns, South-Doyle, and Lenoir City. Russell is to one-sided, in the sense that he has a serious problem with playing a good player on both sides of the ball. I can honestly say that I believe the ONLY reason didn't make the playoffs in 2009 was because Jordan Correll was the starting tailback while Michael Cermak, who is three times the TB that Correll was, was strictly an outside linebacker. How can I defend that remark? Michael Cermak single handedly defeated Catholic that season, scoring all three touchdowns on huge runs from the "WildCat", and scarfing up 20-some odd tackles, three or four sacks, and I believe an interception. Russell has an opportunity to win with ANY team he can pull at Heritage, if he can beat the boys big heads down after they put it on Karns at the beginning of the season, and if he can utilize his talent. This isn't the SEC, and in high school some boys just have to play on both sides of the ball for a team to be successful.. -Off soapbox-

totally agree gay4bray (ha). i know having guys concentrate on one side is that staff's philosophy, but they're not going to win at heritage pretending to be maryville or some team that has the ability to do that.

heritage isn't going to win by being pass happy or cute on offense either. go back to ball control offense and hope your d and hold imo.

cermak is going to be enrolled at west point this fall i guess?

totally agree gay4bray (ha). i know having guys concentrate on one side is that staff's philosophy, but they're not going to win at heritage pretending to be maryville or some team that has the ability to do that.

heritage isn't going to win by being pass happy or cute on offense either. go back to ball control offense and hope your d and hold imo.

cermak is going to be enrolled at west point this fall i guess?

Yeah, he played for USMAPS last year, and is headed to West Point.

VN Store

Back