10 Best Knoxville Watering Holes.

hatvol96

1. Marie'e Olde Towne Tavern. Everything a dive bar should be.
2. Side Street Tavern. Solid neighborhood bar with excellent drink specials.
3. Crown and Goose. Legit English pub atmosphere in an immaculate building.
4. OCI. Adding the former Tap Room space has hurt the vibe, but not that badly.
5. Copper Cellar(Campus Location). The downstairs bar is the most comfortable drinking room in all of Knoxville.
6. Jimmy's. No frills establishment for people who are more interested in drinking than being seen.
7. Chez Guevarra. Great bar has the added plus of being in the best Mexican restaurant in Knoxville.
8. Downtown Grill & Brewery. Downtown brewhouse is perfect for those who like to see where their beer is brewed.
9. Toddy's. Iconic establishment is filled to capacity most weekend nights.
10. The Bistro at the Bijou. As relaxed a bar as there is in K Town.

I was told to try Toots off of central...sounds/looks like a complete dive. Anyone have experience with the place? It's only a few blocks from my new house.

I frequent Downtown Grill much more often now that I've cemented my complete lack of desire to go to the strip. The upstairs is far better than down, in my opinion. Small bar feel in a big restaurant.

Other than the price, Union Jacks was a fun place when I lived off Papermill. For whatever reason, we only went to Toddys a few times.

OCI is great in the evening, but the late crowd isn't my style.

I slightly miss Charlie Peppers. There was something about that dingy coke den that was enjoyable.

Never had a problem at copper cellar, just don't go as much, same with smoky mtn brewery.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

the Old Tap room was solid. I preferred the Old OCI. When they expanded, it really hurt the character of the place. I hate that new room.

I stumbled into Hannahs on the strip before a game last season. I typically don't do the strip anymore, but for some reason we were on that side of the stadium.

It was a complete dump with just enough character. Service was prompt and friendly. They had a full beer selection, bar food, several TVs, and is in a nice position to people watch pre-game.

Are there any bars in or near Knoxville that carry the NFL package.
I'll be there the weekend of Sept 11 for the Oregon game, but will stay Sunday and I'm looking for a place to watch the Bengals.

Pretty much all of them. Copper Cellar, BWW, Cool Beans to name a few.

I stumbled into Hannahs on the strip before a game last season. I typically don't do the strip anymore, but for some reason we were on that side of the stadium.

It was a complete dump with just enough character. Service was prompt and friendly. They had a full beer selection, bar food, several TVs, and is in a nice position to people watch pre-game.
I hope your post was meant as sarcasm. If not, it's one of the saddest things I've ever read.

Hannah's is about the worst bar I've been to in any city. It's even worse at night.

Guys, I clearly said Hannah's is a dump. I was there one time pre-game last season for about an hour. This is the Tailgating Forum, not the Where Can I Take A Date Forum.

It had TVs, beer, food, bathrooms, tables, chairs, and air conditioning. There was an Andy Samberg look alike and a hot chick in short shorts working the bar. It wasn't overly crowded like the chain joints on the strip and it didn't have the nasty chicks from the Mouse's Ear working their day job as Miller Lite girls passing out lightup football necklaces.

I was just giving my two cents. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

1. Marie'e Olde Towne Tavern. Everything a dive bar should be.
2. Side Street Tavern. Solid neighborhood bar with excellent drink specials.
3. Crown and Goose. Legit English pub atmosphere in an immaculate building.
4. OCI. Adding the former Tap Room space has hurt the vibe, but not that badly.
5. Copper Cellar(Campus Location). The downstairs bar is the most comfortable drinking room in all of Knoxville.
6. Jimmy's. No frills establishment for people who are more interested in drinking than being seen.
7. Chez Guevarra. Great bar has the added plus of being in the best Mexican restaurant in Knoxville.
8. Downtown Grill & Brewery. Downtown brewhouse is perfect for those who like to see where their beer is brewed.
9. Toddy's. Iconic establishment is filled to capacity most weekend nights.
10. The Bistro at the Bijou. As relaxed a bar as there is in K Town.

None of those have anything on the ParT Pub in Maryville. :whistling:

Pretty much all of them. Copper Cellar, BWW, Cool Beans to name a few.

Cool Beans......I will always have deep feelign for that place, probably because I spent so much money there I could take one of the flat screens off the walls home now and they could say nary a word.

Many a round of Golden Tee played there as well....

Cool Beans......I will always have deep feelign for that place, probably because I spent so much money there I could take one of the flat screens off the walls home now and they could say nary a word.

How did you manage to spend so much money there? It's generally takes an hour to get a beer.

Did you ever play in Cool Beans golf tournament at the Wee Course? That is awesome!

VN Store

Back