Country music thread

1/3rd of The Farm

603630_425172737505639_2044909068_n.jpg

1/3rd of The Farm

603630_425172737505639_2044909068_n.jpg

I saw them here in Detroit on Saturday. The fiddle player has some serious talent. And she's not too hard on the eyes either!

I met Jana Kramer on Saturday in Detroit. She was really nice and off-the-charts attractive. But I'll let this pic of her do the talking.

00WALL.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I just downloaded the new Edens Edge album. It's really good. It's got a little of everything soundwise. And their song "Christ Alone" is just the three band members singing A Capella. It's a beautiful harmony, and it is to be appreciated vocally regardless of personal beliefs.

mods please change the title to "pop country music thread"

Country died a long time ago.

It's definitely not traditional anymore. I'll even admit it sounds nothing like it did 20 years ago. However, I know I'll be saying this in 20 more years about the present-day stuff, so I've stopped the "country died" argument. It'll always keep changing. I appreciate all eras.

I keep trying to give country music a chance, but I keep hearing something that bugs me and I'm wondering if it's just me. Does a bunch of the twang in modern country music sound forced or exaggerated? To me it sounds like a bunch of artists are really over doing how thick their accent is so they can sound more country.

I keep trying to give country music a chance, but I keep hearing something that bugs me and I'm wondering if it's just me. Does a bunch of the twang in modern country music sound forced or exaggerated? To me it sounds like a bunch of artists are really over doing how thick their accent is so they can sound more country.

Some of it, yes. Most of it isn't, but I get what you're saying. Due to the genre becoming more national, there are some (I repeat SOME) artists who try a little too hard. I'd say most of it is pretty real, but a good indicator of that is checking where the artist was raised and seeing if it even makes sense for them to have the Southern twang.

mods please change the title to "pop country music thread"

Country died a long time ago.

Why is one post per page has to say this. It's still a genre of music. Rock music died years ago compared to what's out now. It's been re-invented at least seven times in my 31 years.

I hear that in a lot of people too. If you notice, those guys only make it two or three songs max.

Why is one post per page has to say this. It's still a genre of music. Rock music died years ago compared to what's out now. It's been re-invented at least seven times in my 31 years.

I hear that in a lot of people too. If you notice, those guys only make it two or three songs max.

I agree on both points. I'm a guy who appreciates everything from Willie to Johnny to Waylon to George to Alan to Garth to Eric Church, and so on and so forth.

For those of you who prefer the more traditional or outlaw type country music,

I recommend you check out Cody McCarver he is a local guy from Dunlap, TN. He has had a few songs/video's out and has a new album coming out around the end of the month. Check him out on iTunes or wherever you get your music.

I agree on both points. I'm a guy who appreciates everything from Willie to Johnny to Waylon to George to Alan to Garth to Eric Church, and so on and so forth.
I agree I have everything from Hank & Patsy Cline to The Band Perry & Taylor Swift and every thing in between. I also have Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra to Coldplay and Maroon 5 and the classic 60's & 70's stuff like The Byrd's, The Mama's & The Papa's, The Lovin' Spoonful, Beach Boys to Otis Redding, CCR and Skynyrd!

Basically anything that I can stand to listen to and that ain't rap although I do admit to listening to Hammer when I was in middle school.:shades:

Last edited:
Add myself to the list of Toby Keith loathers. I haven't liked him since I felt like he was trying to make money off of 9/11 and the troops. What I mean by that is artists like Alan Jackson and Darryl Worley came out with 9/11 tribute songs like Keith did, but they stopped at one each. I felt like Keith just kept coming out with songs related to 9/11 or the troops to try to make easy hits and easy money. That may just be my opinion though.

Reactions: 1 person
Chris Cagle's "Back in the Saddle" released today, his first album in four years. I've been a big fan of this underappreciated artist since his debut. He has lived the kinda life that country music is all about and what other artists just pretend to sing about knowing. You should check it out.

Chris Cagle's "Back in the Saddle" released today, his first album in four years. I've been a big fan of this underappreciated artist since his debut. He has lived the kinda life that country music is all about and what other artists just pretend to sing about knowing. You should check it out.

I'll check it out. I've been looking for some new material to hold me over until the Zac Brown Band release.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5A6WMFzig&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Toby wasn't trying to make money off the troops or 9-11...He's a huge fan of our military and constantly goes overseas to visit the troops.

Toby wasn't trying to make money off the troops or 9-11...He's a huge fan of our military and constantly goes overseas to visit the troops.

it's all a PR thing. It's easy to support us, but he goes above and beyond and honestly incredibly overboard. I know a lot of troops into country like myself who find his act annoying. but it sells to the mass of fans and that's what matters.

it's all a PR thing. It's easy to support us, but he goes above and beyond and honestly incredibly overboard. I know a lot of troops into country like myself who find his act annoying. but it sells to the mass of fans and that's what matters.

Yup. He's got his demographic figured out, and the "Merika', F yeah" **** sells like hotcakes

Toby definitely knows he can make some money off of pandering to the military. However, his heart is definitely in the right place. I meet in the middle on this one.

VN Store

Back