'19 TN TE Cormontae Hamilton (OSU Commit)

Memphis teammates Melvin McBride and Cormontae Hamilton are also new names to add to the board. McBride has seen his recruitment spike after a strong spring. He’s only played a single year of varsity football, but the 6-3, 300-pound guard moves very well for an interior lineman. Tennessee, Louisville and Memphis are currently his leaders, but Florida, Arkansas and others have come calling recently, too. Hamilton is a tight end target for other schools, but Tennessee is really intrigued by his skill-set at outside linebacker.

VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Well I didn't mean to suggest that CJP was bull****ting the kid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... how many TE's we planning on taking this cycle? We have two committed and they seem like strong commits. We're in good with the kid out of Florida it seems, who's strongly considering us.

Do we (UT staff) like him more at TE or at LB? As in where would we try him out first at? If I had to speculate, I'd guess we like him more on defense.

Sounds like it. And it sounds like the kid really likes to hit.

This guy is an OLB all day. Doubt we are considering him at TE maybe to get in the door but that’s where it stops... but Pruitt is a straight guy he doesn’t pull any punches.

Poster on VQ who knows him

Yes Vols absolutely have a shot. His recruitment is in the process of blowing up. Ole Miss and Ohio State are close to offering.

He is 6’3 250 right now but not done growing. Still has some baby fat that is in the process of turning into man muscle. He will be a complete monster in 2-3. He has very big broad shoulders so I could see him easily around 260-270 because he also has a strong lower half.

I would say a powerful road grading TE (but make no mistake he is a very athletic kid and super soft hands) or a DE in a 3-4 when he is done growing.

Tennessee continues to work Memphis hard as Kristian Williams and Cormontae Hamilton have impressed the staff with their work this spring and at various camps. Williams was out due to a hamstring injury but the staff loves his quick twitch and power. Hamilton is a great athlete who an play multiple positions. He wrote a Greyhound Bus up to Ohio State just to workout, where he was slightly injured, too, because he wanted that offer. He got it and now the Buckeyes are major player here. As Hamilton’s recruitment heats up, where he lands — and what position he ultimately wants to play — will be something to watch.

-Simonton

Dang that's impressive. If he wants to play TE it sounds like it would hurt us

Cormontae is a tremendous athlete who is a part of NPA via Memphis. This kid can play positions on either side of the ball from TE/HB to DE. He has a tremendous drive and wants it. I think he kinda wants to play TE a little more than DE/OLB

Reactions: 1 person
Cormontae is a tremendous athlete who is a part of NPA via Memphis. This kid can play positions on either side of the ball from TE/HB to DE. He has a tremendous drive and wants it. I think he kinda wants to play TE a little more than DE/OLB

TE/FB ? I like it .

Wants it.

NickReveiz12.jpg

Only the OGs will remember

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back