UF Spring Game

WR, DL, LB , Safety and the fact we have a coaching upgrade.

That may be the difference in Neyland...history aside, if y'all can stop the run then you will be in good shape. Seeing as DL, LB, S appears to bode well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say maybe DL, and safety. LB is a big question all over the place. we have maybe two proven guys, who are both coming off injuries. Kirkland, Bituli, and.....? plus throw in we are switching systems to more 3-4.

dl even we have talent, but none that has really produced, and again we seem to depend on guys with injuries here.

What would you say are UT's strengths this season?

Depending on the OL, the RB corps should have some good production. They are still a bit on the young side, but Chandler and Jordan had signs of greatness last season. If CFA doesn't permanently move to DB, he adds depth and another weapon there.

And depending greatly on the QB situation, the WR group should be able to put up some nice numbers so long as they get the ball in their hands.

The best thing Florida has going for it with Tennessee is that they are simply in Tennessee's head. Hell, I'm just a Tennessee fan and they're in my head.

Florida has had 2 historically bad seasons within the last 5 years, but they've managed to beat us in both of those years. One victory against them in the last 13 years, and haven't won in Gainesville since 2003. We should currently be sitting on 4 consecutive victories over them, but have managed to lose 3 of those games.

The 2016 victory over them was probably some of the most fun I've ever had at a football game, and the feeling of victory over them was almost cathartic. I can't imagine the feeling if I was actually playing. But when you think about it, having that feeling about that game is kind of sad. They weren't a particularly good team that year, it was in Neyland, and we were favored. We should have won that game.
typically, i would agree with you on the 'in your head' issue. but really, our issues are a little deeper than that one game. and i don't get the idea that this staff will brush off the notion that our record against them doesn't exist.

will it translate to a w this year? dunno. but the only coach we've had that took on 'the streak' and seemed willing to not only acknowledge it, but also do something about it, was Kiffin.

Pruitt is not that brash, but mentality wise, he doesn't strike me as the type that pretends it doesn't matter.

i forgot both teams' qb question marks. now i'm done.

Depending on the OL, the RB corps should have some good production. They are still a bit on the young side, but Chandler and Jordan had signs of greatness last season. If CFA doesn't permanently move to DB, he adds depth and another weapon there.

And depending greatly on the QB situation, the WR group should be able to put up some nice numbers so long as they get the ball in their hands.

no disagreement, and i don't really disagree with the poster above about the DL, Safety and WR.

the problem with all of it is, everyone of them includes and "if" or "but".....

and we, like UF, have a brand new staff, installing new stuff.

it's a wild card game for sure.

That may be the difference in Neyland...history aside, if y'all can stop the run then you will be in good shape. Seeing as DL, LB, S appears to bode well.

mighty big if considering how poor we've been at that lately, and we're installing a new scheme.

if we played you guys later in the year this year, i'd probably like our, and your guys for that matter, chances a little better.

it's so early on the schedule...no telling what either of us is going to get.

Battle of the first year coaches should be interesting this year.

I think FL has fewer issues than TN though so they have the advantage this year.

Sadly both programs are nowhere near where they should be.

UF v UT this year is for the honor of finishing a distant second to GA.

Debbie downers...UGA has stockpiled talent and has the moment but neither UF or UT are going to concede the next 3-5yrs to them...So i'll ask this for discussion.

Which Sec east will be the first to beat UGA and what year does it happen?

My personal bias says UF in Jax 18' but my head says USCe 18'...you owe us one Muschamp

Petrino still has a good track record with offenses and QBs, you don't have to win to be a offensive mastermind, it might just mean you have a bad defense!

Who was his defenseive Coordinator again? Oh yeah that guy who is now at Florida! :)

Actually It was in trying to replace Grantham where Louisville fell off on D

His defense at Louisville and Miss st this past year both were pretty damn good

eh, may be more like 3rd to USCe.:unsure:

1zpoep.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back