UF Spring Game

Its all Debateable but I would Say Chip Kelly, Lane Kiffen, and Bobby Patrino and that is just off the top of my head I am sure there are more!

Harbaugh has done nothing at Michigan, He is a side show and nothing else!!! Michigan's QBs look like garbage!

Feel dirty including any of the big 12, but Briles, Gundy, Stoops/Riley, Patterson.
Petersen at UW.
Richt always seemed to have good QBs. Fischer always had good 1s.
Urbs hasn't been hurting from the lack of Mullen

Reactions: 1 person
Feel dirty including any of the big 12, but Briles, Gundy, Stoops/Riley, Patterson.
Petersen at UW.
Richt always seemed to have good QBs. Fischer always had good 1s.
Urbs hasn't been hurting from the lack of Mullen

I wouldn't include Stoops since he's a defensive guy by nature, but yeah, Riley at the moment.

Gundy yes, absolutely.

I'd also include Mike Norvell and Scott Frost. Possibly even Jeff Brohm.

It pains me...but Jimmy Frank as well, even if he is the biggest douche in the world.

Petrino at Louisville has been rather unimpressive this time around

He lost a lot of games with a heisman quarterback it seemed like after they blew out FSU **** kinda went downhill and they went like .500 after that

Petrino still has a good track record with offenses and QBs, you don't have to win to be a offensive mastermind, it might just mean you have a bad defense!

Who was his defenseive Coordinator again? Oh yeah that guy who is now at Florida! :)

I wouldn't include Stoops since he's a defensive guy by nature, but yeah, Riley at the moment.

Gundy yes, absolutely.

I'd also include Mike Norvell and Scott Frost. Possibly even Jeff Brohm.

It pains me...but Jimmy Frank as well, even if he is the biggest douche in the world.

yeah, I thought about Franklin as well. he has had good QBs, but they always seem to be the tier 2 guys. Might be all conference but not all American. just feeling though. always seems like they put up good numbers but someone else is there to outshine them.

reason i included stoops is because he always seemed to have good QB play and I can't imagine he has had the same QB/OC coach the whole time. so something to be said about a system that produces like his. again could be wrong.

the other three you mentioned haven't done it at the highest level yet, I will wait on them. again, jmo.

yeah, I thought about Franklin as well. he has had good QBs, but they always seem to be the tier 2 guys. Might be all conference but not all American. just feeling though. always seems like they put up good numbers but someone else is there to outshine them.

reason i included stoops is because he always seemed to have good QB play and I can't imagine he has had the same QB/OC coach the whole time. so something to be said about a system that produces like his. again could be wrong.

the other three you mentioned haven't done it at the highest level yet, I will wait on them. again, jmo.

I didn't realize the "highest level" was a condition so to speak. I do think had you put Memphis or UCF up against a lot of P5 opponents they would have won. Sometimes handily. This last season at least.

Frost gets his trial by fire real soon. I think Norvell will pick up a P5 job after this season. While he's the highest paid G5 coach out there, P5 money and status will sway him away.

Basically after watching our spring game and looking at the QB situation I no longer think UF will beat UT in Knoxville...unless you guys implode and turn the ball over an insane about of times.

The only chance if we get a Grad transfer and there's only one even remotely good enough but we sit about 3rd in the running at the present time.

Petrino at Louisville has been rather unimpressive this time around

He lost a lot of games with a heisman quarterback it seemed like after they blew out FSU **** kinda went downhill and they went like .500 after that

That's a good point. That FSU blowout win in 2016 definitely feels like Peak Petrino. They moved to #3 in the country after that win, but have gone 14-9 since then, including losing to every ranked team they've played.

Basically after watching our spring game and looking at the QB situation I no longer think UF will beat UT in Knoxville...unless you guys implode and turn the ball over an insane about of times.

The only chance if we get a Grad transfer and there's only one even remotely good enough but we sit about 3rd in the running at the present time.

circa: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017.

I dont see how UT beats UF honestly. We likely wont have a good pass rush, our LBs and DBs are not that good. Our offense has huge concerns everywhere.

I oredict UF beats us once again.

Who?

I dont see how UT beats UF honestly. We likely wont have a good pass rush, our LBs and DBs are not that good. Our offense has huge concerns everywhere.

FL isn't going to be a world beater this year. they have some good skill position players, good backfield, issues on the o line. the defense has some good pieces, but they're a little thin in some spots and don't have the near overall talented depth they've had in previous years.

basically, UF and UT have a lot of the same issues. you could debate who's better where and by how much, but in reality, i think it's pointless to try and predict that game this year.

i mean you got a UF fan conceding, followed by your post conceding the other way.

i'd say lean to UT right now b/c it's in Knoxville, and maybe we wind up with enough defense to win a close one?

but trying to match that game up right now? nearly impossible.

What would you say are UT's strengths this season?

FL isn't going to be a world beater this year. they have some good skill position players, good backfield, issues on the o line. the defense has some good pieces, but they're a little thin in some spots and don't have the near overall talented depth they've had in previous years.

basically, UF and UT have a lot of the same issues. you could debate who's better where and by how much, but in reality, i think it's pointless to try and predict that game this year.

i mean you got a UF fan conceding, followed by your post conceding the other way.

i'd say lean to UT right now b/c it's in Knoxville, and maybe we wind up with enough defense to win a close one?

Truth.

The best thing Florida has going for it with Tennessee is that they are simply in Tennessee's head. Hell, I'm just a Tennessee fan and they're in my head.

Florida has had 2 historically bad seasons within the last 5 years, but they've managed to beat us in both of those years. One victory against them in the last 13 years, and haven't won in Gainesville since 2003. We should currently be sitting on 4 consecutive victories over them, but have managed to lose 3 of those games.

The 2016 victory over them was probably some of the most fun I've ever had at a football game, and the feeling of victory over them was almost cathartic. I can't imagine the feeling if I was actually playing. But when you think about it, having that feeling about that game is kind of sad. They weren't a particularly good team that year, it was in Neyland, and we were favored. We should have won that game.

VN Store

Back