The Walking Dead

I don’t get the set up with Maggie. She makes it out like they are going to take out Rick and Michonne. Talking isn’t going to work?

one thing that I thought was convenient was how EVERY savior had Eugene billets in the chamber. Were they completely out? Did Eugene make sure they all put the new bullets in first?

Pretty much agree with the last paragragh; given how they use bullets like air on the show, now suddenly it's they ALL have to use the bullets Eugene made and they all worked perfectly.

You guys are thinking about it too much. Just take it for what it is, an awesome redemption move by Eugene. He's officially back and forgiven.

WOW!!

Collider.com

Exclusive: Andrew Lincoln to Exit AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

COLLIDER.COM - Exclusive: Andrew Lincoln to Exit AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

Mild spoilers ahead for folks who aren’t caught up on The Walking Dead.

We’re hearing that, by the end of Season 9 of AMC’s hit drama series The Walking Dead, Rick Grimes himself will be walking away. That’s right TWD enthusiasts, Andrew Lincoln will be growling his way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the series’ founding character makes his exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see Lincoln in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season.

Any time a major character from the show shuffles off this mortal coil (or heads to a spin-off series), it’s a big deal, but for the characters who have been there from the beginning like Rick Grimes & Co., their loss is catastrophic. We saw that effect when Chandler Riggs left the show just last season and we’ll likely see an even bigger fan fallout when Lincoln leaves in Season 9. To fill the void in the show’s leading man status, we’re also hearing that AMC has offered substantial compensation to long-running series star Norman Reedus to not only stay on board, but to take over the show’s leading role.

Off-screen drama has been fairly common for The Walking Dead this off-season with star Lauren Cohan, who’s not quite a TWD original but close, making waves across social media by holding out for a better contract. Her case was strengthened by the Season 8 finale, which put her character Maggie in a position of power that ironically mirrored Cohan’s own bargaining position at the negotiating table. Cohan is confirmed to be back for Season 9 of The Walking Dead, though what hasn’t been confirmed is just how many episodes she’ll be appearing in as her ABC pilot Whiskey Cavalier has been ordered to series, keeping her plenty busy. It’s possible that AMC will cut ties with both Lincoln and Cohan this season … or vice versa. Lincoln has been relatively locked down in the eight-plus years of starring on The Walking Dead, and while it’s a lucrative job, it limits the versatile star from taking on other creative challenges. Cohan, too, has been a sought-after talent during the recent TV pilot season and has increasingly high-profile films on deck at this stage in her career.

Don’t worry though, fans; Daryl Dixon is here to stay for the foreseeable future, so there’s no need to riot just yet.

Good; Rick is a terrible leader and they're already deviated from the comic storyline with Carl, so might as well keep going in a different direction.

Should have killed him off about 6 seasons ago. Probably my least favorite character of the entire show.

I hate how they have him play the high moral road one show. Then go on a killing spree. Then he's probably the most hypocritical character of any show ever.

Should have killed him off about 6 seasons ago. Probably my least favorite character of the entire show.

I hate how they have him play the high moral road one show. Then go on a killing spree. Then he's probably the most hypocritical character of any show ever.

They've screwed him up on the show; in the comic he has his bad moments but he's way more consistent and a much better leader.

It’s a chore to watch the show at this point. I dutifully tune in every Sunday just to see this thing to the end. Too much invested at this point. Most times I’m on my phone, looking up occasionally to see what’s going on. I only have marginal interest in the characters anymore.

I’ll tune in now just to see how they off Rick.

It’s a chore to watch the show at this point. I dutifully tune in every Sunday just to see this thing to the end. Too much invested at this point. Most times I’m on my phone, looking up occasionally to see what’s going on. I only have marginal interest in the characters anymore.

I’ll tune in now just to see how they off Rick.
This

This news actually makes the show more interesting. Now we know Rick is not “safe”.

I’m not sure if I want him to die or to get written out in someway that everyone thinks he’s dead but he could return for a series finale.

I agree they’ve ruined his moral high ground this past season. Makes it really hard to root for him. At the same time I feel like he is the character that should get to see the series to end.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm indifferent to then killing off Rick but I don't see the moral hypocrisy as that big of a deal.

They never implied he didn't want to kill Negan because it was morally wrong. Just that it would be the biggest sign that they could rebuild civilization, which gives his people the best chance at survival. That has been consistent whether he decisions were good or bad.

I took it as he believes Negan deserves to die but Rick benefits more by keeping him alive. More for personal gain than morals.

Too many characters watered down the complexity of the main cast. I think Robert Kirkman is a walking, bloated, ginger tool. I want to set fire to that creeper beard he's growing on his face. I mean what an effing trollop!

Too many characters watered down the complexity of the main cast. I think Robert Kirkman is a walking, bloated, ginger tool. I want to set fire to that creeper beard he's growing on his face. I mean what an effing trollop!

Kinda creepy...did he steal your girlfriend?

:)

I'm indifferent to then killing off Rick but I don't see the moral hypocrisy as that big of a deal.

They never implied he didn't want to kill Negan because it was morally wrong. Just that it would be the biggest sign that they could rebuild civilization, which gives his people the best chance at survival. That has been consistent whether he decisions were good or bad.

I took it as he believes Negan deserves to die but Rick benefits more by keeping him alive. More for personal gain than morals.

When he told the escapee Saviors they could come back to hilltop then gunned them down is when he went morally bankrupt.

When he told the escapee Saviors they could come back to hilltop then gunned them down is when he went morally bankrupt.

that wasn't the only time he's done that. Rick's gone in and out of the abyss a few times along the way. that may be the deepest trip yet, but he's been on a yo yo, morally speaking, for a while.

and there's no Herschel around anymore to bring him back, or check any of the other characters.

my guess, he gets killed by one of his own.:thumbsup:

That was my point.
I don't think with Negan he's taking the moral high ground, just doing what's in his own best interest. As usual.

Been a long time since he spared anyone outside of his personal group. The comment he made about Jadis (sp?). She can't help us anymore, leave her.

Kinda creepy...did he steal your girlfriend?

:)

Worse. He killed my boy Glenn.

I had a moment, and I probably watched too many episodes of The Talking Dead where he was on it. The guy comes across as a weasel for some reason.

He was grieving the loss of his son.

Honestly can't remember: I know that Rick held off on reading his letter, wasn't it after the Saviors killing?

I’m sure Lauren Cohen is tired of playing a sweaty apocalypse survivor but her new show looks terrible. I bet it’s canceled after 2 seasons at most.

And Norman Reedus has been offered 20 Mil. That is some cheddar

VN Store

Back