Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

So how is this game compared to the first one? Is the story better than the first? Is multiplayer still on the same level as the first, or better?

I'm not sure if my usual group is going to do the raid. If they don't and if anyone has a open slot or needs an extra fireteam member I'd love to run it. I'd be up for some trials too should anyone be interested.

I hvaen't played trials yet but this year's "lighthouse" is f'n bizarre. Devs were on some good drugs.

So how is this game compared to the first one? Is the story better than the first? Is multiplayer still on the same level as the first, or better?

As someone who mostly didn't care for the first one early on and who abandoned it after the on-disc DLC Activision shenanigans, I can say the story and characters and villain are more engaging (no more reading the story online). I liked the multiplayer from the first one and it feels mostly the same this time around except you have 4v4 instead of 6v6, but others may be able to speak more to that aspect. It feels like what Destiny should've been originally, kind of like Titanfall 2 compared to 1. I'll probably not play it for years though like most here, but not because it isn't a good game, I just don't enjoy the power grind.

I'm not sure if my usual group is going to do the raid. If they don't and if anyone has a open slot or needs an extra fireteam member I'd love to run it. I'd be up for some trials too should anyone be interested.

BD and I will hopefully try to run it in the next few days.

As someone who mostly didn't care for the first one early on and who abandoned it after the on-disc DLC Activision shenanigans, I can say the story and characters and villain are more engaging (no more reading the story online). I liked the multiplayer from the first one and it feels mostly the same this time around except you have 4v4 instead of 6v6, but others may be able to speak more to that aspect. It feels like what Destiny should've been originally, kind of like Titanfall 2 compared to 1. I'll probably not play it for years though like most here, but not because it isn't a good game, I just don't enjoy the power grind.

I prefer mostly pve in destiny, but I don't see why they took away the game choice in crucible. I liked being able to pick control, supremacy, ect. No reason that I can think of that makes the game better.

I prefer mostly pve in destiny, but I don't see why they took away the game choice in crucible. I liked being able to pick control, supremacy, ect. No reason that I can think of that makes the game better.

I have no idea about that either. I really like the Kill Confirmed-like game mode but I only get put into Control games it seems.

Gotta say, after spending an hour or two in Competitive, I'm liking it more than that casual playlist.

I think we'll eventually see them split up again. Probably combined now due to player levels, etc. Not as many people playing D2 just yet. Didn't want to spread the players too thin.

Trials of the Nine is stupid lol. Don't go into it without a team of 4 and all of you having the Mida.

This weeks nightfall is a beast

It's not that bad if you shoot all the anomolies. Don't try to speed run past everything. I mean, the strike is still boring and it's an awful boss, but it's do-able.

Might want to watch a video to see all the anomoly positions. (I think I'm spelling that wrong)

There's 10-20 from the beginning to the area where you fight the servitors and hang out on the plate.

Then, in the dark room before the boss, there's 10 more anomolies worth 5 more minutes.

Swords can work the boss quickly. Warlock healing rift and devour and riskrunner can be beast.

Last edited:
Saw a video on the forums. If you shoot the boss when he's climbing on the wall, he falls off and dies.

They killed him when he was almost full health.

Saw a video on the forums. If you shoot the boss when he's climbing on the wall, he falls off and dies.

They killed him when he was almost full health.

Good luck reproducing it. It's not something that is easily reproduce-able.

Some folks are having luck hitting him off the platforms with the tractor cannon. If he falls off it will end a few seconds later and give you the loot.

Last edited:
Getting teams up to speed on the raid can be challenging.

First time through is going to be somewhat rough for most. Liken it to Oryx somewhat. Everyone has to pitch in.

VN Store

Back