Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know when Belichick gets fired and McDaniel says something like that. He wouldn't say it anyway because he doesn't look for ways to get out of work. He wants to win and does what it takes.

Again, sounds to me your issue is with Des and not Barnes. Quite honestly if your issue is with Barnes on this topic then it's just evidence of you looking for something. Barnes didn't say it, Barnes has proven it false by being on the road, not sure what more you need to see but I'm gonna take a guess and say there's not much that would satisfy you on this topic.

Again, sounds to me your issue is with Des and not Barnes. Quite honestly if your issue is with Barnes on this topic then it's just evidence of you looking for something. Barnes didn't say it, Barnes has proven it false by being on the road, not sure what more you need to see but I'm gonna take a guess and say there's not much that would satisfy you on this topic.

Look, you can say that Barnes is on the road all you want but Des saying what he said coupled with the results on the trail is pretty telling. I haven't even mentioned the story Dan Wolken told about seeing Barnes at the golf course outside Atlanta while the other coaches were in the gym at the peach jam a few years back. He thinks Barnes has lost his fire.

Here is our target list from back in the summer:

2017 List:

#19 Nick Richards
#47 Jermaine Samuels
#83 Abu Kigab
#88 Alex Reese
#103 Victor Uyaelunmo
#125 Isaiah Stokes
#127 Tyler Polley
#149 Michael Durr
#164 Raiquan Gray
#185 Ibrahim Doumbia
#204 Brandon Huffman
#254 Victor Enoh
NR Chase Johnson

WHIIIIIIFFFFFF

That is concerning. I'm glad we got Pons but we can't depend on finding an international guy in December every year. He is going to have to start targeting guys early and beating some teams out for them.

Reactions: 1 person
Look, you can say that Barnes is on the road all you want but Des saying what he said coupled with the results on the trail is pretty telling. I haven't even mentioned the story Dan Wolken told about seeing Barnes at the golf course outside Atlanta while the other coaches were in the gym at the peach jam a few years back. He thinks Barnes has lost his fire.

Here is our target list from back in the summer:

WHIIIIIIFFFFFF

That is concerning. I'm glad we got Pons but we can't depend on finding an international guy in December every year. He is going to have to start targeting guys early and beating some teams out for them.

He absolutely missed on higher rates guys, never said he didn't, what I'm saying is that it wasn't because he never left Pete's Coffee Shop in Knoxville, that simple.

He absolutely missed on higher rates guys, never said he didn't, what I'm saying is that it wasn't because he never left Pete's Coffee Shop in Knoxville, that simple.

Fair enough. And like I said several times before...if he doesn't start recruiting better then the perception created by the Des quotes is going to become the reality for fans.

Time to start targeting and landing top 100, top 75 and top 50 players.

Reactions: 1 person
ca92079ca0c0ff33b7bb147e9a5d308b.png

While we would expect the Vols to kick the tires on quite a few guys, one name to definitely watch out for is Indiana signee Al Durham who has asked for his release following Tom Crean’s dismissal./QUOTE]Hubbs

While we would expect the Vols to kick the tires on quite a few guys, one name to definitely watch out for is Indiana signee Al Durham who has asked for his release following Tom Crean’s dismissal./QUOTE]Hubbs

A little surprising to me they seemingly would prefer the high school signee route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back