Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? Talk about holding out players and looking ahead to next week's game bc it's a sure loss? Might as well forfeit the game.

It's the 3rd SAT in October! Bama week....excited to see our Vols play and expect us to do everything possible to win. Put forth 100 percent effort and root for our team.

Wouldn't expect anything else with Pruitt and this team.

It might work out to four games... but the odds of keeping a guy like Peterson in school long enough for a RS to matter are very small. The Thornton Center is going to have a tougher job than Fitz. If he's ready to play against SCAR, give him the reps and see if he can help us down the stretch.
Well if he’s not going to make it academically then it doesn’t matter either way. And I’m going to guess we’ve heard that same thing in regards to that.

Either way, a redshirt is in the best interest for JJ because if he doesn’t make it here he saves a year of eligibility for himself and it’s in the best interest for UT because if he does make it then you’ve got him for an extra year.

He’s not going to make the difference in winning or losing vs Alabama or South Carolina. He just isn’t ready to be that guy. But he might be able to contribute on special teams and sporadically on defense in the last month.

Reactions: T Dog and VFLBerg
Well if he’s not going to make it academically then it doesn’t matter either way. And I’m going to guess we’ve heard that same thing in regards to that.

Either way, a redshirt is in the best interest for JJ because if he doesn’t make it here he saves a year of eligibility for himself and it’s in the best interest for UT because if he does make it then you’ve got him for an extra year.

He’s not going to make the difference in winning or losing vs Alabama or South Carolina. He just isn’t ready to be that guy. But he might be able to contribute on special teams and sporadically on defense in the last month.

And yet Pruitt just stated yesterday JJ was progressing on the field but still has a ways to go and is doing very well in his academics. It's hard to read your posts man. It could be raining outside and you would say I am "hearing" it's sunny.

And yet Pruitt just stated yesterday JJ was progressing on the field but still has a ways to go and is doing very well in his academics. It's hard to read your posts man. It could be raining outside and you would say I am "hearing" it's sunny.
He’s progressing and I’m sure he’s fine academically but it’s still a struggle for him. He might make it and be fine and that’ll be great for UT. But he’s not ready to be a difference maker in the next two weeks so why burn that redshirt? That’s my point.

I said he was destined for a redshirt when he got cleared to play and was told I was being unrealistic and too pessimistic. It isn’t pessimism. It’s knowing how hard it is to adjust to college football in a short amount of time.

Is Hubbs the one that sounds like he has a mouth full of mashed potatoes at the beginning of almost every question he answers on the pod cast?

No i get it but sometimes it about fit and money. Just like If someone else hired Kirby before uga... he would always probably want that job.

If Pruitt looks at bama as home similar to lane kiffin and USC then a part of him will always want to be there.
If...IF...this dude is the real deal..we don't need to let anybody take him. We are the most profitable program in CFB..we can afford whatever it would take. The merry-go-round is like a bad game of Russian roulette where five chambers are loaded and only one is empty. If you ever get a real football coach you better hang on to him whatever the cost

Like I said...IF...

Reactions: Bret178
If...IF...this dude is the real deal..we don't need to let anybody take him. We are the most profitable program in CFB..we can afford whatever it would take. The merry-go-round is like a bad game of Russian roulette where five chambers are loaded and only one is empty. If you ever get a real football coach you better hang on to him whatever the cost

Like I said...IF...
Bet he wins a championship. JUST HOPE IT'S WITH THE VOLS. Really think he's got what it takes, will he be as great as Saban maybe not but he will never give in he's a winner.

Again it's the difference between being injured or being hurt. Regarding Abernathy.... CJP had said that Osborne seemed to decide over the bye week that he wanted to carve a role for himself on this team. Which I interpret to he finally started to give effort. Could've been a case of he simply had a better week of practice and as such Abernathy was expendable. TKJr hasn't played all year so that wasn't surprising.

I'm just saying, if these guys who have been knicked up some can play, then I think they will. I don't think there's going to be holding anything back. I see your point, but IMO that's coaching scared.
I have watched the back and forth of this argument all day, and it is a good one...After hearing both sides make really good points I just think the old wisdom is probably true in this particular case.."Discretion is the better part of valor"

You got to have the common sense to know the difference between "coaching scared" and "coaching smart"

They are like Achilles, impregnable except for one little spot. Of course I don't know what that spot is.
Turnovers. If they have a game like they did a few yrs ago against Ole Miss, or like we did against UF, all bets are off. I'm not saying they will, just saying it's the only way to beat them, them helping you do it.

Reactions: volsagain
Turnovers. If they have a game like they did a few yrs ago against Ole Miss, or like we did against UF, all bets are off. I'm not saying they will, just saying it's the only way to beat them, them helping you do it.
Tua hasn’t thrown an INT all year. Only QB in 20 years to start the season with 20+ TD’s and 0 INT’s

Like I said...IF...

You’re right we should. But sometimes they are other things than money at play all I’m saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back