The Rock/Metal Thread

We have heard 3, I like them all...

Overall I think I like these 3 better than the 3 that were released for Immortalized. I liked The Vengeful One and What Are You Waiting For?, but Fire it Up may be their worst song in all their catalog. Are You Ready is a bit generic but still good.

It'll be interesting to see how good the rest of the Album will be.

I think it will be good, but I think it will also be their most varied. I think it will be a bigger change from Immortalized to Evolution than it was from The Sickness to Believe.

Also, I think it will be a lot better than the newest Godsmack album, which is my runaway winner for Most Disappointing Album of the Year and it's not even close. I listened to it the day it came out and then 2 weeks later to make sure I wasn't crazy, and I haven't listened to anything on it since. That album is terrible.

I need a little help.

Give me some great "new" bands that have a Motley, Gun's style to them. Please...I'm begging.:cool:

Check out Crazy Lixx. They are one of the most authentic 80's sounding new bands I've heard.

Also have you listened to Slash's solo album with Miles Kennedy on vocals?

For those in the Middle TN area, Disturbed is coming to Bridgestone Arena on Feb. 16.

That's pretty awesome they will be there about 3 weeks after Metallica plays on Jan. 24.

Reactions: bigslk
The new Disturbed is out. I think it's their best album since Indestructible. The quality overall is better than Immortalized and Asylum, which I thought were both mixed efforts with some great songs and then song that are forgettable. This one doesn't have really any that stand out like a must hear but their are less songs that I skip.

I feel like the talk of this being very different is a bit exaggerated. With the Deluxe Version, you get 14 songs but 1 is the well known live performance of The Sound of Silence where David duets with Miles Kennedy of Alter Bridge and the other is a strange remix of Are You Ready. The rest of the breakdown is 7 traditional Disturbed and about 5 acoustic/ballad songs. The classic Disturbed songs are all decent to good, I didn't really hear any that I thought were bad. This Venom is a deluxe track and its pretty awesome. The ballads; well I must say I was a bit skeptical about them going that route but they are all actually pretty good. DD can flat out sing. 2 of them sound like songs you could sing at a funeral and would be fitting. I think I actually may enjoy the acoustic more than the classic Disturbed songs.

If I had to compare it to another album of theirs, it's probably like a continuation of Believe. Not has heavy but overall more solid.

The new Disturbed is out. I think it's their best album since Indestructible. The quality overall is better than Immortalized and Asylum, which I thought were both mixed efforts with some great songs and then song that are forgettable. This one doesn't have really any that stand out like a must hear but their are less songs that I skip.

I feel like the talk of this being very different is a bit exaggerated. With the Deluxe Version, you get 14 songs but 1 is the well known live performance of The Sound of Silence where David duets with Miles Kennedy of Alter Bridge and the other is a strange remix of Are You Ready. The rest of the breakdown is 7 traditional Disturbed and about 5 acoustic/ballad songs. The classic Disturbed songs are all decent to good, I didn't really hear any that I thought were bad. This Venom is a deluxe track and its pretty awesome. The ballads; well I must say I was a bit skeptical about them going that route but they are all actually pretty good. DD can flat out sing. 2 of them sound like songs you could sing at a funeral and would be fitting. I think I actually may enjoy the acoustic more than the classic Disturbed songs.

If I had to compare it to another album of theirs, it's probably like a continuation of Believe. Not has heavy but overall more solid.

I've gone through the album, and I must say that it was an ok album. This Venom is my favorite, but there's only a few other songs on the album that I would want to listen to multiple times.

VN Store

Back