UFC Thread

Just finishing up prelims from last week. Tatiana Suarez smashed Esparza. Everybody in the division is worried about CE's wrestling, and TS did whatever she wanted to her.

I think Shevchenko beats Rose and holds the belt until she sees Suarez.

Anders vs Santos tonight at 205 lbs. Im expecting a brawl and i'd be surprised if it goes 5. Anders took the fight on 6 days notice so it'd be an upset to go into Brazil and win. We had belt promotions a week ago and he had no clue he'd be headlining a week later.

Great fight. It ended about how I expected. Hope Anders is all good. I thought both looked guys pretty good on short notice

I thought I missed the whole card, but was able to catch the main event. Good win by Santos, but I really hope Anders is okay. When a guy is collapsing like that there is some serious trauma involved. Also, since when did Little Nog still fight? Yesterdays card was full of fighters who I never hear anything about.

I thought I missed the whole card, but was able to catch the main event. Good win by Santos, but I really hope Anders is okay. When a guy is collapsing like that there is some serious trauma involved. Also, since when did Little Nog still fight? Yesterdays card was full of fighters who I never hear anything about.
When he lost his mouthpiece and the ref stopped them he was done. I’ve never seen that look on his face before.

I wonder why those elbows to the head are legal but 12-6 aren’t

I think they need two new weight classes, while shuffling a few around*, but that needs to be accompanied by an overhauling of the weigh in rules.

I think they need two new weight classes, while shuffling a few around*, but that needs to be accompanied by an overhauling of the weigh in rules.

I'd prefer just moving it to 165-175-185-205-265.

The 200+ weights just don't have enough depth imo to thin the classes out. But 155-180 should have a ton of guys who would be willing to move classes if needed.

I'd prefer just moving it to 165-175-185-205-265.

The 200+ weights just don't have enough depth imo to thin the classes out. But 155-180 should have a ton of guys who would be willing to move classes if needed.

I think a lot of guys would go from 205 to 230 under new weigh-in rules. 60 lbs is such a huge difference. There are guys who can't make it as 265 or 205, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be a quality ranked fighter at 230 lbs. Think about Brendan Shaub. That dude was really good, but HW's were just too big. Rumble would be fighting RN if there was a 230 lb weight class, IMO. Mitrione would be better at 230 lbs. It's some of the same fighters, but at a weight class that allows them to be their best.

I think you are right that HW would suffer, but overall I think fans/fighters are generally better off.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back