'18 Recruiting Forum: Official West Virginia Pre-Game/Game Thread

Whichever team has the most points at the end of the game will win this game.
throne-of-lies.gif

I’d feel pretty good about this game if we got them later in the season. Lack of continuity will hurt our chances big time here. I’m hoping we’re able to punch them in the mouth so hard it doesn’t matter, but skeptical that will be the case.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Charlotte identifies itself as a WV city, so who are you to judge?

Millineal joke, for those who don’t catch it and are about to lose their minds

Charlotte is the biggest WV transplant city out there. They have several WVU bars. There will be quite a large wvu crowd there.

Charlotte is the biggest WV transplant city out there. They have several WVU bars. There will be quite a large wvu crowd there.
there's a large UT alum/fan contingent here as well. and several UT bars too. and i would tell you that while there is a WVU presence in Charlotte, having lived here for 20 years, it pales in comparison to the transplants from NY, Western PA, and East OH.

and at whatever %, it's certainly nothing to be concerned about. i would be shocked if WVU outnumbers us. i expect htem to show up, sure. but that won't be a WVU stadium.

I’d feel pretty good about this game if we got them later in the season. Lack of continuity will hurt our chances big time here. I’m hoping we’re able to punch them in the mouth so hard it doesn’t matter, but skeptical that will be the case.
yeah, i think there's some reason for optimism. but there's a reality out there, that as we've gotten closer to the game, many of us, self included, have just ignoired, and figured out a way we can definitely win. lol.

we'll know pretty quickly if our defense is up to the task. and whether or not we have a qb that can "prevent losing".

bottom line for me...my head is telling me they might win by 10. my heart is telling me, we'll pound them with a running game and keep it close and find away to pull it out...get some turnovers etc...

i'm looking forward to the game though. we're gonna have a great tailgate, and i think at the end of the day if we don't get blown out and make a complete downer of an event, i'll walk away at least happy that we saw a good game, and some reason to feel good abou the future.

and if we win...even better!!!

Lived in Charlotte for two years and almost never see WVU stuff.
oh, it's out there. but i don't think it's to the degree someone would like us to believe. the family i'm going to the game with is from WV and all big WVU fans. my other buddy that's going that's a TN alum is from WV and hs parents are coming, both WVU fans.

i expect WVU fans to show up and be noticed.

i expect Vol Nation will show up and not be outdone, in the stands at least. :)

Turnovers. Pruitt's style of defense is blitzing and press-man coverage. We will give up big plays, but we will also have turnovers. Create more turnovers than allowing big plays and we win.

I also am confident in our in-game adjustments. We haven't seen high-quality in-game adjustments since Cut was OC.

there's a large UT alum/fan contingent here as well. and several UT bars too. and i would tell you that while there is a WVU presence in Charlotte, having lived here for 20 years, it pales in comparison to the transplants from NY, Western PA, and East OH.

and at whatever %, it's certainly nothing to be concerned about. i would be shocked if WVU outnumbers us. i expect htem to show up, sure. but that won't be a WVU stadium.

Oh I figured there was a strong UT presence as well. I just know wvu travels well, especially to a place like Charlotte. Doubt they outnumber us tho!

VOLS are winning this game.....
let them stack the box..like CJP said when he was hired...you have to be able to run the ball even if they know you running it...
34-24 ORANGE CRUSH VOLS

Oh I figured there was a strong UT presence as well. I just know wvu travels well, especially to a place like Charlotte. Doubt they outnumber us tho!
they do, and they'll be well represented, no doubt.

WVU is a paper champion. They didn't beat anyone last season. Kinda like a homerun hitter that feasts on crappy pitchers all season and lays eggs in the playoffs when every pitcher is good.

We have the talent and appear to be motivated. Flip that score Nick.

Vols 31
WVU 17

"They" didn't beat anyone last season......

So many unknowns in this game make the predictions a crapshoot. Not much would surprise me here really, but I think WVU makes enough big plays in the passing game while our offense struggles with consistency.

WVU - 34
UT - 28

VN Store

Back