Forget Mexico, Trump Can't Get Even Get Congress To Pay For His Wall

A wall which would function to adequately and significantly reduce illegal immigration cannot be built even if it were fully funded.

Moreover, measures to curtail illegal immigration tend to be such as to keep illegal immigrants in the US. Sans a gestapo like approach to the perceived problem, all government efforts to reduce illegal immigration and immigrants are futile.

Thus, without even addressing the morality of the issue, the facts alone instruct us that it's a waste of time and money.

Reactions: 5 people
A wall which would function to adequately and significantly reduce illegal immigration cannot be built even if it were fully funded.

Moreover, measures to curtail illegal immigration tend to be such as to keep illegal immigrants in the US. Sans a gestapo like approach to the perceived problem, all government efforts to reduce illegal immigration and immigrants are futile.

Thus, without even addressing the morality of the issue, the facts alone instruct us that it's a waste of time and money.

So... minefield?

Reactions: 1 person
So... minefield?

Will only serve to keep illegals in the US. Those migrating here will run the risk, locate the weaknesses, and get across.

We're speaking of individuals who are willing to leave their homelands, leave their families, leave everything they know, to work long hours at low wages, live on top of each other, and, if need be, live almost completely in the shadows, simply to give their children an opportunity at a better life.

Migrants throughout history have braved grave danger for the mere hope that the next generation will taste freedom and will have opportunity. It's no different today.

Reactions: 5 people
Will only serve to keep illegals in the US. Those migrating here will run the risk, locate the weaknesses, and get across.

We're speaking of individuals who are willing to leave their homelands, leave their families, leave everything they know, to work long hours at low wages, live on top of each other, and, if need be, live almost completely in the shadows, simply to give their children an opportunity at a better life.

Migrants throughout history have braved grave danger for the mere hope that the next generation will taste freedom and will have opportunity. It's no different today.

They’re not leaving anyway willingly once they’re here. But I submit within the framework you put forth in the post I quoted a minefield would indeed make more sense than a wall and be a better deterrant.

No I am not really advocating for a minefield... yet...

They’re not leaving anyway willingly once they’re here. But I submit within the framework you put forth in the post I quoted a minefield would indeed make more sense than a wall and be a better deterrant.

No I am not really advocating for a minefield... yet...

Most illegal immigrants use to commute back and forth, depending on the season. Once we started to get tough on illegal immigration, they just stayed. When you make crossing the border more difficult, you provide an incentive to only cross the border once.

Reactions: 3 people
Most illegal immigrants use to commute back and forth, depending on the season. Once we started to get tough on illegal immigration, they just stayed. When you make crossing the border more difficult, you provide an incentive to only cross the border once.

Don’t disagree. But accepting the porosity and doing nothing isn’t really something I’m into that’s all. If we’re gonna do that then let’s do away with the border and a sovereign nation without borders is not a sovereign nation.

Don’t disagree. But accepting the porosity and doing nothing isn’t really something I’m into that’s all. If we’re gonna do that then let’s do away with the border and a sovereign nation without borders is not a sovereign nation.

Open borders is not the same as no borders.

Reactions: 4 people
A mine field would be cheaper.

Fenced in kilometer wide stretch along the whole border filled with endangered, big game carnivore animals. Toss in some cows and sheep from time to time to make sure they are still fed.

Watch liberals go crazy trying to figure out if they should object or go with it.

Reactions: 2 people
Open borders is not the same as no borders.

For equal partners I would be willing to agree not so in this case. How we handle our Canadian border should be different from how we handle our Mexican border. Very different partnerships.

This. It's symbolic, which is what Trump is about. It's why he puts his name in giant letters on everything. In reality, a physical border will do little. We aren't living in the dark ages.

I don't even think the people who attended Trump's rallies during the campaign even cared if a new structure was built along the border or not... They just enjoyed his rhetoric and bluster. Whether any of it was followed through on was never the point.

One thing congress got right. Shutting Devos' idiot ideas down. If nothing else, Trump makes congress look better.

Congress blocks DeVos agenda in spending bill
- CNNPolitics

DeVos and Trump proposed a budget that would have cut the Education Department's budget by $3.6 billion and funneled more than $1 billion toward private school vouchers and other school choice plans.
But lawmakers rejected a number of those proposals, including slashing funding for the department's Office for Civil Rights, halving federal work study programs and spending $250 million on a private school choice program.

Devos.....Worst Secretary Ever

Anyone see the SNL spoof of her this past Saturday? Spot on and hysterical.

Reactions: 4 people
One thing congress got right. Shutting Devos' idiot ideas down. If nothing else, Trump makes congress look better.

- CNNPolitics

DeVos and Trump proposed a budget that would have cut the Education Department's budget by $3.6 billion and funneled more than $1 billion toward private school vouchers and other school choice plans.
But lawmakers rejected a number of those proposals, including slashing funding for the department's Office for Civil Rights, halving federal work study programs and spending $250 million on a private school choice program.

Republicans in the Senate voted to confirm her despite her downright pathetic performance during her confirmation hearing where she couldn't answer even the most basic of questions. She is the worst Secretary ever in the worst Cabinet ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

- CNNPolitics

LOL. You probably think the department of education is a good thing.

- CNNPolitics

Cutting Federal budgets and increasing money to schools that are working better than public school options?

Such a horrible idea!

VN Store

Back