More GOP fratricide; motion to vacate the chair

Hopefully McConnell is next. Seriously, with those two at the helm there was no reason to give the republicans a majority in congress.

Reactions: 3 people
62790327.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 1 person
Why, exactly? Not flaming, just curious your thoughts.

For a party that campaigned on taking the country in a different direction than Obama, those two sure are making it easy on him.

When the democrats had the majority in congress, Obama vetoed 3 bills. Since the republicans have been in charge, Obama has only been forced to veto 1 bill. Boehner and McConnell have also been using many of the same tactics they criticized Harry Reid for.

I just can't tell a difference between this congress and the democrat congress. The rhetoric is different, but the actions are practically the same. They passed a massive spending bill, no changes to the ACA, voted to fastrack Obama's secretive trade deal, blocked a motion to vote on de-funding planned parenthood, and despite making a lot of noise on the Iran treaty - it's going to pass too. Those are just off the top of my head.

Can anybody give me a meaningful difference in the direction of the Democrat led congress and the Republican majority?

Reactions: 8 people
For a party that campaigned on taking the country in a different direction than Obama, those two sure are making it easy on him.

When the democrats had the majority in congress, Obama vetoed 3 bills. Since the republicans have been in charge, Obama has only been forced to veto 1 bill. Boehner and McConnell have also been using many of the same tactics they criticized Harry Reid for.

I just can't tell a difference between this congress and the democrat congress. The rhetoric is different, but the actions are practically the same. They passed a massive spending bill, no changes to the ACA, voted to fastrack Obama's secretive trade deal, blocked a motion to vote on de-funding planned parenthood, and despite making a lot of noise on the Iran treaty - it's going to pass too. Those are just off the top of my head.

Can anybody give me a meaningful difference in the direction of the Democrat led congress and the Republican majority?

It gives me a chuckle when some of our posters clamor for "moderate" candidates.

:yes:

/thread

VN Store

Back