1064 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Ukraine Protests Page 259. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #3871
VolsByNature
DeletedPost Record Holder

Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burhead View Post
That was in April, the people saw what these guys were doing to rebel held towns since then. Russian popular support isn't as great as Moscow tries to show it is.
So you believe that support back then has turned around? That they no longer wish to be a part of Russia?

I'm honestly just asking, no sarcasm, I'm honestly trying to get a pulse on this whole thing. I've missed a lot
Old 08-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #3872
volprof
Destroyer of Nihilists

Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
I don't feel like taking the time to look for them and to post this at the moment (preoccupied with an article), but I've seen multiple polls that suggest that around 2/3rds of eastern Ukraine supports remaining with the Kiev govt. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #3873
Velo Vol
Internets Expert

Ukraine Protests
Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Earlier ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine saw what happened in Crimea, and heard promises being floated from Russia (e.g., higher pensions), and thought that was probably a good deal.

I suspect with the mess that has since been created, a number of those have had a change of heart regarding the "movement."
Old 08-06-2014, 11:02 PM   #3874
Velo Vol
Internets Expert

Ukraine Protests
Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Seems a distant possibility, with his favorable ratings at a high, but this piece speculates what happens to Russia without Putin.

If Sanctions Against Russia Succeed, What Follows Putin? | New Republic
Old 08-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #3875
Rasputin_Vol
Libertad y Orden

Ukraine Protests
Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Wow... the western media propaganda is strong in this thread. So much faith in western govt media.

Nobody thinks the US media is dishonest or biased.

Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLS INC. View Post
I'm glad my destiny was to be a Vol, because everything else is second tier.

Last edited by Rasputin_Vol; 08-07-2014 at 02:55 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #3876
Coug

Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Quote:
Originally Posted by volprof View Post
As many drones as you're willing to sacrifice for WWIII.

And regarding your first question, I would say either intimidation or a measure to allow him for more time to see whether or not he should move in on the pretext of a "humanitarian mission" and be ready should he decide to do so.
You can't see the new top secret ones on radar.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #3877
volprof
Destroyer of Nihilists

Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests Ukraine Protests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin_Vol View Post
Wow... the western media propaganda is strong in this thread. So much faith in western govt media.

This guy, I swear.
VN Likes: 1
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #3878
red butler

Quote:
That's because a bunch of Jews and a bunch of Arabs decided to "bloodbath" one another again.
I don't think that explains the lack of coverage. The ground invasion of Gaza and the downing of the Malaysian airliner occurred on the same day. You can argue that news coverage of the downing of MH17 has run its' course so the media shifted focus; but the fact is the downed airliner dominated the news coverage until Russia provided their evidence. The media has had time to report on the Ebola outbreak, the border crisis, and a host of other issues but barely a peep about questions concerning the airliner investigation.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #3879
volprof
Destroyer of Nihilists

Quote:
Originally Posted by red butler View Post
I don't think that explains the lack of coverage. The ground invasion of Gaza and the downing of the Malaysian airliner occurred on the same day. You can argue that news coverage of the downing of MH17 has run its' course so the media shifted focus; but the fact is the downed airliner dominated the news coverage until Russia provided their evidence. The media has had time to report on the Ebola outbreak, the border crisis, and a host of other issues but barely a peep about questions concerning the airliner investigation.
Perhaps.

But what about the other plane that went down? Not MH 370, but the Ukrainian military An-26 that went down at the same time as MH 17? The one that idiot Girkin, Soviet Superman, tweeted he and his fellows of chaos had shot down at the same time, then promptly deleted? Why is no one covering that search? Oh, that's right. Because it was the MH 17 that they'd shot down and there was never any An-26.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #3880
Burhead
God-Emperor of Politics

There has been some talk about an emergency speech by Putin sometime tonight in Moscow but no confirmation yet.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #3881
Burhead
God-Emperor of Politics

Latest Ukrainian Intelligence News | The XX Committee

SBU claims that the shoot down of the jet was a Russian provocation gone wrong and the intended target was a Aeroflot jet carrying Russians and would have been use to justify invasion. Secondly the SBU claims the FSB is quietly planning the assassinations of the leadership of the rebel movement soon.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #3882
Velo Vol
Internets Expert

Ukraine Protests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burhead View Post
Latest Ukrainian Intelligence News | The XX Committee

SBU claims that the shoot down of the jet was a Russian provocation gone wrong and the intended target was a Aeroflot jet carrying Russians and would have been use to justify invasion. Secondly the SBU claims the FSB is quietly planning the assassinations of the leadership of the rebel movement soon.
Bombshellesque, if true. Supporting evidence unknown.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #3883
Velo Vol
Internets Expert

Ukraine Protests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin_Vol View Post

I don't dispute that at times the "western media" is biased and get things wrong. But there's a huge gap between acknowledging that shortcoming and accepting your odd worldview.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #3884
volprof
Destroyer of Nihilists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
I don't dispute that at times the "western media" is biased and get things wrong. But there's a huge gap between acknowledging that shortcoming and accepting your odd worldview.
Posting YouTube videos produced by Ruslan in his mother's basement in Omsk isn't exactly convincing proof about the Maidan.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #3885
red butler

Quote:
Perhaps.

But what about the other plane that went down? Not MH 370, but the Ukrainian military An-26 that went down at the same time as MH 17? The one that idiot Girkin, Soviet Superman, tweeted he and his fellows of chaos had shot down at the same time, then promptly deleted? Why is no one covering that search? Oh, that's right. Because it was the MH 17 that they'd shot down and there was never any An-26.
Good point. And I agree that any commander that uses twitter is an idiot and should be relieved. First reports after an engagement are routinely unreliable and certainly shouldn't be transmitted on social media. Lets assume that the seperatists had the BUK and the radar system required to shoot down a plane at that altitude. The first report could have come from an Infantry guy that saw the plane shot down without ever checking with the missile battery. Then, idiot Girkin sent out his tweet and later retracted it.

I realize it's hypothetical and frankly my opinion doesn't matter, Putin just has to establish doubt in Europe (specifically Germany). I hope we're sharing better intel with our allies than what has been released to the public, because if I was Merkel, there better be more proof than social media.
Closed Thread