1259 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Favorite Live Bands Page 6. within the forum Movies and Music. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #76
114VOL

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakez4ut View Post
went and saw the Revivalists a couple weeks ago in Charlotte...great show....they did an extended encore, and did 3-4 covers that i wasn't expecting...one of which was a tom petty tribute, which was great. but their cover of midnight rider....well..it was awesome.
Looking forward to seeing them at Bonnaroo
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #77
 DrRosenRosen 

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 114VOL View Post
Looking forward to seeing them at Bonnaroo
Sax player is a cheese ball.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #78
goldenvol

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddiedoc View Post
Civic Colosseum, right? I was there. Was that the show where Staley was in a cast, and didn't the old Sabbath members come out and join Ozzy at the end for a couple songs?

I was a scrawny 135 pounds at the time (1993?) and thought I was going to die when the lights dropped and Sepultura hit the stage. We were maybe twenty feet from the stage and everyone started going berserk. My buds still laugh about that moment.
Yes, you are correct. I was wondering the date also. I thought it was 93/94, I graduated high school in 94 so the time frame seems right.

We were on left side in the chairs but had good seats. I remember when Sepultura started playing the floor looked like it was a whirlpool of people. First Mosh Pit I got to witness.

If I remember correctly Alice in Chains played the brunt of the set from Dirt. It had recently come out I think. Dirt was one of my all time favorite Albums.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2018, 11:34 PM   #79
 kiddiedoc 
Renaissance Man

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenvol View Post
Yes, you are correct. I was wondering the date also. I thought it was 93/94, I graduated high school in 94 so the time frame seems right.

We were on left side in the chairs but had good seats. I remember when Sepultura started playing the floor looked like it was a whirlpool of people. First Mosh Pit I got to witness.

If I remember correctly Alice in Chains played the brunt of the set from Dirt. It had recently come out I think. Dirt was one of my all time favorite Albums.
Ha, it was my first "Whirlpool" too! But I was right in the middle of it.

Yes, they did play a lot from Dirt, and that's one of my favorites of that genre too.

Also, I think that was Ozzy's first show back in Knoxville after Randy Rhodes's death, who played his last show in Knoxville years before.

Last edited by kiddiedoc; 01-14-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #80
PEPPERJAX
Let's Do A Ritual....

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
This is obligatory but Slayer is right up there.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #81
The Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenvol View Post
We have a lot of the same taste in music.

I saw Ozzy, Alice in Chains, and Sepultura together. Great show. I was a fan of Ozzy but Alice in Chains was what I went to see.

I saw Bon Jovi open for Ratt.

ACDC was a fun show.

18th birthday present was Bad Company, Lynard Skynard, and driving and crying in Bristol. Not original members but still good stuff.

Went to a Hootie concert in Knoxville and They might be Giants opened and that was a cool group.

Kenny in Neyland was a unique experience.

Garth in 96' Knoxville was good.
That Ratt/Bon Jovi concert was my first, as a high school freshman at Fulton. That was pre- Slippery When Wet and they were awesome and a lot better than Ratt and I only knew one BJ song, Runaway. Man, I had a great time, mid 80s, u could smoke weed in the Civic Colosseum, back then. Well, not really, but if u got in with it, they didn't stop u from smoking it unless u did it right in front of a security guard or something. It was like the fifth time I had ever smoked it and seems like the 1st time I really got high. The music was better that night, but I still remember that I knew Bon Jovi was going to be big and Ratt were on their way down. I got to flirt and better yet, get flirted with, bought my first concert T-shirt and had one of the experiences, u will never forget. Smiling like the Joker right now and always have and will, when this memory comes to mind.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #82
goldenvol

Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands Favorite Live Bands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
That Ratt/Bon Jovi concert was my first, as a high school freshman at Fulton. That was pre- Slippery When Wet and they were awesome and a lot better than Ratt and I only knew one BJ song, Runaway. Man, I had a great time, mid 80s, u could smoke weed in the Civic Colosseum, back then. Well, not really, but if u got in with it, they didn't stop u from smoking it unless u did it right in front of a security guard or something. It was like the fifth time I had ever smoked it and seems like the 1st time I really got high. The music was better that night, but I still remember that I knew Bon Jovi was going to be big and Ratt were on their way down. I got to flirt and better yet, get flirted with, bought my first concert T-shirt and had one of the experiences, u will never forget. Smiling like the Joker right now and always have and will, when this memory comes to mind.
I'm almost positive it was my first concert also. Pretty sure it was 85' and it was the invasion of your privacy tour by Ratt.

I would have been 10 and if I remember correctly my dad took me along with my brother which was 15.

I actually really liked that album by Ratt and at my age the chick on the cover of the album gave me a lot to think about. But, I also recognized that Bon Jovi was going to blow up.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #83
bignewt
VN's Resident Windbag

Ratt...lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #84
The Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignewt View Post
Ratt...lol
They had Milton Bearle in their videos, along with scantily clad, hot chicks. Their 2 or 3 hits were catchy and they rode the hair-band craze in the 80s. I still like Round and Round, but yeah, they mostly sucked. Although, being a high school kid, Ratt and Bon Jovi had all the bad girls there, with the big hair and their sexy(or I thought it was then) rocker clothes. It's a great memory for me, now do I wish it was a great 80s band, yeah, but I'm not sure there was a truly great 80s band. Mostly, hair bands, Madonna, English pop bands(Duran Duran is my favorite), Michael Jackson and old 70s stars trying to capitalize on the MTV fad. Probably, Prince was the greatest musician of the 80s, let me give u all the obligatory, imo

Last edited by The Dog; Yesterday at 01:56 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM   #85
bignewt
VN's Resident Windbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
They had Milton Bearle in their videos, along with scantily clad, hot chicks. Their 2 or 3 hits were catchy and they rode the hair-band craze in the 80s. I still like Round and Round, but yeah, they mostly sucked. Although, being a high school kid, Ratt and Bon Jovi had all the bad girls there, with the big hair and their sexy(or I thought it was then) rocker clothes. It's a great memory for me, now do I wish it was a great 80s band, yeah, but I'm not sure there was a truly great 80s band. Mostly, hair bands, Madonna, English pop bands(Duran Duran is my favorite), Michael Jackson and old 70s stars trying to capitalize on the MTV fad. Probably, Prince was the greatest musician of the 80s, let me give u all the obligatory, imo
The 80's music was so bad that I went backwards and spent the decade discovering Zep, Dylan, Floyd, etc. I did like Guns and Roses and Van Halen back then but by and large it was horrific music.
Reply With Quote TOP