Official practice thread -- Practice No. 4 (3/13)

Is that Eric Gordon out there assisting with the defensive drills? I thought that was him in the video yesterday, too.

In the video, I saw Malik doing some Gator type jersey holding. In the video I saw Pearson do a sort of Da'rick one hander. Imagine having a WR with the elusiveness of
of CP (but a better route runner) and the snagging ability of DR (with a better attitude).

Reactions: 6 people
I've said before I want to see Pearson's play on the field before giving him too much credit, but it's almost eerie how similar VP is to CP. Talent level, energy, play making ability, just everything.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/EnfHCElwli8[/youtube]

I've said before I want to see Pearson's play on the field before giving him too much credit, but it's almost eerie how similar VP is to CP. Talent level, energy, play making ability, just everything.
Maybe, but did Cordarelle ever sell Botato Rounds and Bo'Berry biscuits?

Reactions: 2 people
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/embed/doPhHl8fQNk [/youtube]

I thought this was a pretty cool video of todays practice. Shows a couple of clips of Gillespie really hounding and coaching Hurd to stay low. I hope they hold him to a higher expectation so he's really ready this fall. siap

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/QQQKw1PxQfY[/youtube]

I'm not saying he's as good as Cordarelle....

but

North + Pearson > Hunter + Cordarelle

I wouldn't go that far man Cordarelle is a different kind of beast. He's just as fast and is about 20lbs bigger. North may be better than Hunter though.

Every practice so far I've seen them really getting on to Hurd hard about getting low and making him redo drills. He has amazing vision. Anyone worried this will take away from his vision? I mean I know you have to have a certain pad level but they have him staring at the ground in every drill to be considered low enough.

Every practice so far I've seen them really getting on to Hurd hard about getting low and making him redo drills. He has amazing vision. Anyone worried this will take away from his vision? I mean I know you have to have a certain pad level but they have him staring at the ground in every drill to be considered low enough.
Vision for a RB doesn't come and go... You either have it or you don't.. One of the reasons RBs can make an early impact

Vision for a RB doesn't come and go... You either have it or you don't.. One of the reasons RBs can make an early impact

True, but it seems like he will be so self conscious about getting down that he won't have the same priority of seeing it and hitting it. They're hounding him hard.

just trying to create new habits...thats it. constant pounding on the same things to create good habits.

The best thing going for VP is the fact he has been to the real world. Should help with his success.

Most college athletes live in fantasy land. I know, I teach and train them. Good to see one with urgency about his dream.

Last edited:
Getting low should improve his vision. He was too tall for a running back, and his head was in the clouds.

just trying to create new habits...thats it. constant pounding on the same things to create good habits.

You know guys in the video i saw that is not what Coach G was trying to teach Hurd!

He was trying to show Hurd how he should be planting the correct leg to the side he was getting hit from.

If you ever watch old Hershel Walker films you will notice he was a pro at that technique. And players would just bounce off of him. I am sure they are making sure he is getting low as well but these reporters are making a allot bull out of nothing IMO!

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back