'14 JUCO DT Davonte Lambert (Auburn Commit 12/18/13)

Funny time for the NCAA to change the rules, shouldn't there be a little more notice for these types of things?

I'm concerned, but we should remember that we have a heavy closer for the first time since 90s vintage Fulmer.

Funny time for the NCAA to change the rules, shouldn't there be a little more notice for these types of things?

I'm concerned, but we should remember that we have a heavy closer for the first time since 90s vintage Fulmer.

They're a bunch of clowns. Can expect much else.

If Lambert flips, it's a huge loss for Butch. Our DL recruiting has been horrible for several years now. As goes the line, so goes the rest of the D. If we can't upgrade our front 4, we're going to continue to see mediocre to flat out bad play on the defense. I hope the young man signs with us on Wed., but if he doesn't, don't fool yourself into thinking this is no big loss. His versatility makes him extremely important.

Reactions: 3 people
If Lambert flips, it's a huge loss for Butch. Our DL recruiting has been horrible for several years now. As goes the line, so goes the rest of the D. If we can't upgrade our front 4, we're going to continue to see mediocre to flat out bad play on the defense. I hope the young man signs with us on Wed., but if he doesn't, don't fool yourself into thinking this is no big loss. His versatility makes him extremely important.

Calm down there. We all want Lambert in orange, but we aren't in any position to say one player sets us back 2-3 more years. Lambert is a starter day 1 here, but at the end of the day I'd rather lose my JuCo guys, and keep my highly talented freshman. If we develop our young d-lineman then in 2-3 years we can say a Lambert may be the piece to get us into the SEC championship. We need a true foundation laid first, while using guys like Lambert to help fill in until our freshman grow some.

Reactions: 2 people
Calm down there. We all want Lambert in orange, but we aren't in any position to say one player sets us back 2-3 more years. Lambert is a starter day 1 here, but at the end of the day I'd rather lose my JuCo guys, and keep my highly talented freshman. If we develop our young d-lineman then in 2-3 years we can say a Lambert may be the piece to get us into the SEC championship. We need a true foundation laid first, while using guys like Lambert to help fill in until our freshman grow some.

Losing lambert would hurt greatly in 2014. However we have recruited well enough on the DL that it wouldn't effect us much after next year IMO

Reactions: 1 person
The people freaking out about Lambert leaving are the same people who thought the world would end either by Y2K or the Mayan calendar IMO.

What if the mayans werent supposed to count year zero on their calender! That would mean they were 1 year early on their prediction......just sayin, its been nice following you guys...Butch would have got us back!

VN Store

Back