Henry County wins again!

Volunteer forever

Realistic Fan
So proud of my Patriots. Here's the article from last nights game.

Henry County High School junior running back Chase Henderson shredded the Memphis Ridgeway defense for 268 yards rushing and six touchdowns to lead the Patriots to a 42-21 victory in the quarterfinals of the Class 5A playoffs Friday night at Patriot Stadium.

Henderson set school playoff records for rushing yards, touchdowns scored and points scored in a game with 36.

The Patriot defense contributed heavily by forcing the Roadrunners into seven tunovers. Henry County intercepted four passes to tie another playoff record and recovered three fumbles.

Junior defensive back Shontel Thompson intercepted two passes to tie a school mark for pass interceptions.

The Patriots move on to the semifinals of the playoffs and will play next Friday at Northeast High School in Clarksville. Northeast knocked off Gallatin 27-14 in the quarterfinals.

Look for more details of the undefeated Patriots (13-0) run through the playoffs in Monday's Paris Post-Intelligencer.

Reactions: 2 people
henry county has been ranked number one in 5a most of the season. the jackson sun doesnt even list them as one of its top ten teams in west tennessee. the commercial appeal doesnt have a story about this game. since the patriots are in the middle of nowwhere they get no respect.

henry county has been ranked number one in 5a most of the season. the jackson sun doesnt even list them as one of its top ten teams in west tennessee. the commercial appeal doesnt have a story about this game. since the patriots are in the middle of nowwhere they get no respect.

This is true

So, HC is the Rodney Dangerfield of 5A football. That is the price of being in the "middle of nowhere," as you put it. I doubt many people in this state have ever heard of Henry County or know where it is.

Henry County is no longer in the Jackson Sun's coverage area. That's why they no longer include HC in their rankings. They did up until 2010.

And despite being geographically in West TN, HC is closer to Nashville than Memphis. The Tennessean has included Henry Co in their rankings all season.

So proud of my Patriots. Here's the article from last nights game.

Henry County High School junior running back Chase Henderson shredded the Memphis Ridgeway defense for 268 yards rushing and six touchdowns to lead the Patriots to a 42-21 victory in the quarterfinals of the Class 5A playoffs Friday night at Patriot Stadium.

Henderson set school playoff records for rushing yards, touchdowns scored and points scored in a game with 36.

The Patriot defense contributed heavily by forcing the Roadrunners into seven tunovers. Henry County intercepted four passes to tie another playoff record and recovered three fumbles.

Junior defensive back Shontel Thompson intercepted two passes to tie a school mark for pass interceptions.

The Patriots move on to the semifinals of the playoffs and will play next Friday at Northeast High School in Clarksville. Northeast knocked off Gallatin 27-14 in the quarterfinals.

Look for more details of the undefeated Patriots (13-0) run through the playoffs in Monday's Paris Post-Intelligencer.

Chase Henderson is a beast. Unfortunately he's been fighting the injury bug for most of the season. But he showed Friday night what he's capable of, and he's not even fully healthy yet (was still wearing a brace).

Kid's only a junior. I bet he absolutely explodes next year.

So, HC is the Rodney Dangerfield of 5A football. That is the price of being in the "middle of nowhere," as you put it. I doubt many people in this state have ever heard of Henry County or know where it is.

I had never heard of them until they beat my beloved Panthers in the title game.

Do you guys still have that overly-obnoxious siren :)

How does this team rate to the 2011 team? Wasn't the starting QB on that team a FR or SO? Can't remember his name. I remember thinking he's going to be awesome his Sr year.

I had never heard of them until they beat my beloved Panthers in the title game.

Do you guys still have that overly-obnoxious siren :)

How does this team rate to the 2011 team? Wasn't the starting QB on that team a FR or SO? Can't remember his name. I remember thinking he's going to be awesome his Sr year.

Yes, the obnoxious siren is still alive and well.

And the QB from the '11 team was a senior and currently plays WR at UT Martin. Najee Ray is his name.

As for how the teams compare, this one isn't as physically dominant or senior-laden as the '11 team, but it's a bit more balanced offensively, though definitely still a run-first team. Defense isn't even comparable. 2011 was better by a mile, mainly because the current group is a lot younger than that one was. Not saying it's bad by any means, but it's more bend but don't break and opportunistic than it is dominant.

Was talking to my dad yesterday and he said that even though HCHS is undefeated, they have to play AT Clarksville tonight in the semis; a team in their district that they already beat during the regular season? Is this true? If so, my alma mater sure is getting the shaft. Wow.

Was talking to my dad yesterday and he said that even though HCHS is undefeated, they have to play AT Clarksville tonight in the semis; a team in their district that they already beat during the regular season? Is this true? If so, my alma mater sure is getting the shaft. Wow.

That has happened to other teams before so that isn't a precedent.

Just saw HCHS won 43-14 tonight.

It definitely didn't affect them tonight.

Go Pats!

VN Store

Back