I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but...

I wasn't, I also said the O-line needs to step up a lot. I don't expect the freshman to do any better, but if this season is going to be a wash, which it will with Worley as the starter, then why not see what the 2 freshman have for next year and beyond.

Working with them in practice, I'm pretty sure the coaches know what we have.

I just think it's a little short sighted to blame all of our issues on Worley, while expecting a true freshman to come in and run the offense without as many, if not more, mistakes. I know I seem to be in the minority.

I think you are correct. We have already seen what happens when we put in a QB who is not ready. Some of the very same people who we're calling for a different QB in the Florida game are now wanting to make the SAME mistake again.

CBJ has a good handle on this team. FOLKS, IT BOILS DOWN TO WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE DEPTH AND EXPERIENCE, PERIOD! Right now, Worley and inexperienced receivers is our best option!

Reactions: 1 person
need recvrs open as well,wasnt impressed w/ play calling.when you are limited you have to have a limited play set that you can accomplish

Since Worley is inconsistent, Ferguson inconsistent, and two of the best freshmen in the country unable to be trusted on the field, I have come to the conclusion we lack a quarterback coach. A good QB coach would have had one of the four ready by the 5th game of the season.

Since Worley is inconsistent, Ferguson inconsistent, and two of the best freshmen in the country unable to be trusted on the field, I have come to the conclusion we lack a quarterback coach. A good QB coach would have had one of the four ready by the 5th game of the season.

I think you mean Peterman, but otherwise I am starting to wonder the same thing.

I can't wait till next yr when we get some new blood in here. We need to get rid of Dooleys players as fast as we can and start fresh with the players Butch recruits. Because these players already have a bad additude and they know how to quit when the going gets tough.

Is saving two red shirts worth goin 4-8 or 5-7?

My answer is no...

Butch has said the best QB will play, doesn't bold well for our future if Worley is honestly our best QB.

And burning two redshirts and still going 4-8 or 5-7 is worth what then?

I just think it's a little short sighted to blame all of our issues on Worley, while expecting a true freshman to come in and run the offense without as many, if not more, mistakes. I know I seem to be in the minority.

Those of us might be.

Yea, Urban tried that crap with Tebow and we all know how bad that turned out, Oh wait!

Oh wait, Tebow was actually a QB.

But no, let's try it with an actual RB or WR and see how that goes; clearly we must have the same success...

Bray, Patterson & Hunter are truly missed from this team. It shows on the field.

Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the thread. I'm not saying I like the idea, but my god, can anyone honestly say they have any
confidence in this team after watching first 5 weeks. I would prefer we play Ferguson and/or Dobbs, but if not, then we have to try something to mix it up. Otherwise, we are staring 4-8 or 5-7 directly in the face.

If they can't beat Worley out in practice - even after all this the first 5 games - who's to say we're not staring 4-5 wins with them starting either

If they can't beat Worley out in practice - even after all this the first 5 games - who's to say we're not staring 4-5 wins with them starting either

Maybe CBJ has just sold himself on not burning their RS no matter what because from what I've read Ferguson has looked better.

VN Store

Back