Crootin Forum: Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was let go because he's Hispanic. I'm speculating that this is raced base with no evidence to support it. I just think it so therefore its a possibility. Wow that was easier than I thought.

White Hispanic I believe is the new politically correct term.

Have seen DD on the sidelines for the Cowboys a few times. Guess it's a little weird not seeing him in orange but I'm I'll get used to it :)

I just wanted to say I was and still am kinda surprised we gave up the blocked punt vs wku before we either blocked one ourselves first (punt, fg, pat, whatever) or made some other kind of big play on special teams.

With as much time as CBJ spends on ST's, how important he always says they are, plus his attention to detail, I really thought we'd see a big positive play before we saw a big negative one. Maybe we'll get lucky and get one this week. We'll, hopefully more than one.

No worries friend the first part was edited in response to another poster. Pretty interesting if you read the thread a few pages back. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Not offended. I am always amused by any topic that has the word race in it. It becomes a long winded conversation that never resolves anything and never makes any sense to me or my white wife. lol

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. AJJ is a huge liability in coverage, period. He's a good run stopper but he lacks the speed to even cover TE's.

If anyone wants proof, watch next week as Mariota runs by him like his feet are in quicksand.

I like AJJ, but that doesn't prevent me from seeing what is and what isn't.

This is one of the dumbest comments i've ever seen. Mariota is going to run by almost any linebacker in the sec like they are in quicksand.

Reactions: 4 people
This is one of the dumbest comments i've ever seen. Mariota is going to run by almost any linebacker in the sec like they are in quicksand.

He runs a 4.43, not a 3.34 dip***t. That's Dillon Bates speed and, IIRC, Brent Brewer speed as well. AJJ is a liability in coverage, period.

He's not Usain effing Bolt, he's the QB for Oregon. Don't like my hyperbole, don't comment on it. Otherwise go F yourself.

Reactions: 2 people
He runs a 4.43, not a 3.34 dip***t. That's Dillon Bates speed and, IIRC, Brent Brewer speed as well. AJJ is a liability in coverage, period.

He's not Usain effing Bolt, he's the QB for Oregon. Don't like my hyperbole, don't comment on it. Otherwise go F yourself.

Boom!

Someone had to lie about Brewer's 4.4 speed. There's no way with how he was getting ran by last year at safety. And I'm not talking about pass plays either.

Have seen DD on the sidelines for the Cowboys a few times. Guess it's a little weird not seeing him in orange but I'm I'll get used to it :)

I just wanted to say I was and still am kinda surprised we gave up the blocked punt vs wku before we either blocked one ourselves first (punt, fg, pat, whatever) or made some other kind of big play on special teams.

With as much time as CBJ spends on ST's, how important he always says they are, plus his attention to detail, I really thought we'd see a big positive play before we saw a big negative one. Maybe we'll get lucky and get one this week. We'll, hopefully more than one.

I'm not. Lining up in the shield formation is just asking to get a punt blocked sooner or later. I've been fearing a block ever since I first saw that formation in a practice video in the spring.

For those saying we can beat Oregon...

Who on our team would crack their 2 deep? The Oline and MAYBE Randolph, AJ, and Big Dan. And AJ and Big Dan are HUGE maybe's. We have some talented Frosh but it's hard for me to see any of them cracking the 2 deep.

Someone had to lie about Brewer's 4.4 speed. There's no way with how he was getting ran by last year at safety. And I'm not talking about pass plays either.

yes, there is zero chance brent brewer has 4.4 speed

CP didnt run a 4.4 at the combine - a lot of people say a guy is 4.4 but there just aren't a lot of guys with legit 4.4 speed

Brewer is certainly not one of them - he would be more of a 4.6 guy

Who on our team would crack their 2 deep? The Oline and MAYBE Randolph, AJ, and Big Dan. And AJ and Big Dan are HUGE maybe's. We have some talented Frosh but it's hard for me to see any of them cracking the 2 deep.

every OL position - big dan, couch, Brandolph, mcneil

Maybe, maybe not. You know as well as I do there are players who run a heckuva lot faster in shorts, maybe his time was without pads on...but yeah, he definitely doesn't run that well in pads. Agreed.

Don't go all NegaVol Wu! :loco: I think most rational people know that UT beating OR next Saturday is a long shot. It is improbable. It is not likely. However, it is by no means impossible. I am not going to walk around with Orange colored glasses on but I cannot help but always be optimistic about our VOLS. Even over the past few years I have always thought that "this is the week we are gonna pull an upset". The great thing about this year is that with the way this staff studies and prepares the likely hood of pulling one of those is much more likely.

As long as they go out there and give their all for TN I will be grateful. :good!:

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back