How much sleep do you need or get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
typically get 8. Cannot take naps so I get it all at once

Same here. Usually get 8 hours, but could sleep much longer on most occasions. In the rare instance that I am able to nap, it usually negates my ability to sleep at night, so I don't bother.

6-7 is preferred but I can sleep in no problem when the opportunity presents itself. I can go on 4-5 if I have to.

During the week 4-6 usually. Weekends a little more. I have a friend who takes ambien because she has trouble sleeping & I know when she takes it. I get some crazy texts in the middle if the night.

Typically get 7 during the week. I only get about 4 at nights on the weekends, but sleep a lot during the day on Sat. and Sun.

Are you over weight? Serious question as there is a direct correlation between sleep and weight.

I get 6-7. I've existed for long periods of time with 3-4 hours per night--in Afghanistan it was 2-3 often interrupted, but I know that I'm not at my optimum during those periods. I know when I'm getting enough sleep as my internal alarm clock will wake me about 10 minutes before the alarm clock on my night stand.

No. Over weight for me is 15% body fat. I'm 6'1" 178 (as of this morning) and I've not checked in a month, but probably around 11% body fat.

I've always been healthy. Never smoked. Anything. I do drink in moderation, except during football season.

For me, sleep is quality, not quantity.

If I get less than 7, you aren't getting much out of me. I usually get about 8 or 9. I'm a baby and need my sleep to function.

We have 2 toddlers who seem to be sick all of the time, so I get 4 hours on average.

Seems like 6 is the average for most. I find this to be the case with many.

Why do "experts" keep preaching 8?

6.5 to 7 hours, but I'll go through stretches where I wake around 2:30, toss and turn..then go back to sleep around 3:30

Usually up around 5:45 to 5:50, and getting the kids up by 6 to eat and get ready for school

I have a rotating work schedule. I get between 5 and 9 hours depending on what day of the week it is.

I generally feel pretty good if I get at least 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back