Who's our next brick?

That would be a bad**s helmet.

I have a friend that has a water transferring business...
after seeing this,I think I'm going to send my dad's
helmet to him for something like that...he will paint it orange and the dip it in the carbon fiber print,and it will look just like it...very cool...

only bad thing,
its a real helmet,worn by a former player...but its beat up
and an early 70's model...but its REAL ... decisions,decisions...

i think we get hendrix as well, really feel like we would have locked him down this weekend had he been in town. Hendrix, Barnett and Freeman would be a stellar haul at DE.

Hendrix was here for the Orange & White Game.

He and his family being from Tennessee, growing up in Madison County in West Tennessee, made the trip to the Vols' Orange & White Game all that more special for he and his mother and the rest of the family that came with them. "It was just big for all of us. She had never really seen anything like that. I think she had a really good impression of it," Hendrix said. "I just loved everything about it. It was nice."

"It was good. I loved it," Hendrix said. "Just the whole atmosphere, the coaching staff. It was all alike a big family and seeing some of the NFL players come down and the Vol for Life program, it was all nice."

Hendrix was able to talk to Butch Jones, defensive line coach Steve Stripling as well as defensive coordinator John Jancek and they let him know how much the Vols need defensive linemen with six set to graduate after this season and he's all ears because of it. "They're in desperate need of d-linemen and they're working hard to get me," Hendrix said. "It's definitely interesting to me because I have a good chance at a starting position. I'm definitely looking hard at that."

"It's just that it's close to home and every time I get there I get a feeling that I'm home. It's hard to explain but I feel so comfortable there in that atmosphere," Hendrix said. While the Vols stand out the most to Hendrix right now, he's not ready to commit although he admitted he thought about it during his visit.

-VQ

“It was a really nice visit,” Hendrix told InsideTennessee.com. “I really enjoyed myself today. For it to only be a spring game the atmosphere was crazy. They had 60,000 people in there for the spring game. That wasn’t even a regular season game. For regular season games they have over 100,000 people in there.”

“It has been great getting to know coach Azzanni,” he said. “He is the recruiting coordinator here and we talk a lot. He is one of my favorite coaches to talk with.”

“Distance from home isn’t important to me,” he said. “I just want to feel comfortable at the place that I am going to be for the next four years. That is really important to me. I just want to be a part of a family where I go.”

You can really tell the Vol For Life program means something to those guys,” he said. “Seeing all those players come back for this is cool. It is a good thing for sure.”

Tennessee is my No. 1 right now,” he said. “This is just a really great place.”

-scout

While the Vols stand out the most to Hendrix right now, he's not ready to commit although he admitted he thought about it during his visit. He said he wants to take some more visits, like one he has scheduled for Ohio State soon and one to Southern Cal in August, before he makes any decision.

- VQ

All of these articles were posted in Hendrix thread. Sounds like great news! Hope we get him soon!

helmet to him for something like that...he will paint it orange and the dip it in the carbon fiber print,and it will look just like it...very cool...

only bad thing,

Don't do it! Buy a non-used one to mess around with.

only bad thing,

yeh, it would be awesome, but I wouldn't use a piece of history on it.

only bad thing,

Don't do that to an authentic helmet. Get some cheap one and have it painted that way you can have both!

yeh, it would be awesome, but I wouldn't use a piece of history on it.

kind of my thoughts as well... as dirty,nasty,beat up looking as it is,its been on the hallowed grounds of Neyland... don't think I can cover that up...

I'll just buy a fake one...

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly there are so many people that could committ any day now. Here is a list of prospects 247 is predicting to land in Knoxville for sure:

Cortez McDowell
DJ Smith
Dewayne Hendrix
Dillon Bates
Josh Malone
Dominique Booth

Reactions: 2 people
The coaching staff better not let up on Dillon Bates or he could be another Vonn Bell, one that got away.

The coaching staff better not let up on Dillon Bates or he could be another Vonn Bell, one that got away.

Why is it so hard for everyone to just move on from Vonn Bell? Dude picked another school. We're gonna be fine without him.

It seems he is going to be the hardest legacy recruit to get

even though hes stated several times that Tennessee is easily in the lead for his services? id say the berrys are the hardest seeing as we have no idea what theyre thinking....

When did Bates move up to a Rivals 6.0 four star? I also see that he's ranked 58th overall. It seems that I recall he was a 5.8 and around 200th. Am I confusing him with someone else or has he always been this highly ranked?

When did Bates move up to a Rivals 6.0 four star? I also see that he's ranked 58th overall. It seems that I recall he was a 5.8 and around 200th. Am I confusing him with someone else or has he always been this highly ranked?

He was always that high on Rivals

VN Store

Back