Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it's true or not, why's it so wrong to be happy for the guy and wish him well?

I wish him the best. Would be sweet to see him drafted and have a head to head match up with Peyton. Peyton would school him for sure, but still, the awesomeness of having two VFL NFL QB's on opposing teams on MNF!

Me not liking him has no bearing on wishing him well. This is the same old moronic assumption constantly made on here. Why would I want him to fail? It doesnt help my allegiances at all(tennessee football). Right now he's an immature jackass. I hope he grows up and becomes successful. Lets stop having the same stupid conversations every time bray is brought up. :no:

You say I made a moronic assumption, then turn around and say he's an immature jackass.

And you know this how? Have you been around him everyday since he left school?

Little bit of a double standard there, no?

You say I made a moronic assumption, then turn around and say he's an immature jackass.

And you know this how? Have you been around him everyday since he left school?

Little bit of a double standard there, no?

I used what's he's done which can attribute to him being an immature jackass. You made a claim base off of something that didn't have anything to do with your claim. This conversation is really stupid and this will be the end of it. :hi:

I'm a physical therapist. I went to a class in Nashville a few weeks ago taught by a guy who uses a unique assessment technique (with the help of others). He works with professional golfer and several Tenn. Titans. He was asked at the end of last season to come and assess every member of the UT football team. He swears that Palardy's groin problem was a major issue and claims he corrected it. He seemed to expect Palardy to be fine this season...TIFWIW

I will say I was very impressed with the class and some of the techniques have helped me in my practice.

Cool! Let us hope that works!

Should have gotten him to look at Meredith's hamstrings too.

I wish him the best. Would be sweet to see him drafted and have a head to head match up with Peyton. Peyton would school him for sure, but still, the awesomeness of having two VFL NFL QB's on opposing teams on MNF!

Gruden's head would explode with excitement. :eek:lol:

Me not liking him has no bearing on wishing him well. This is the same old moronic assumption constantly made on here. Why would I want him to fail? It doesnt help my allegiances at all(tennessee football). Right now he's an immature jackass. I hope he grows up and becomes successful. Lets stop having the same stupid conversations every time bray is brought up. :no:
It keeps coming up because the same people keep bashing him everytime his name is brought up. Everybody knows he's immature hell who wasn't at his age. Oh yeah Jesus ...

@TheDannyParker: @tbrayvol8 on former #Vol WR @darickrogers: "He's changed. He's not the same teenager we were back in college. We've grown up into men now."

Seriously? This jackass is three to four months removed from "college" and now he's suddenly man? Child please.

What do you want him to say?

"Yea, we are still going out and acting wild. Maybe we will change in a few years, but we haven't yet."

Reactions: 1 person
I agree as far as needing more. Every player presumably gets better every year. But if a player doesn't who's fault us that? The player or the coaches? If AJ whiffs consistently on plays is that necessarily his fault or the lack if coaching to improve technique or sliding off blocks? Its a constant criticism of these players who are finally getting real instruction after three years of ineptitude.

I think if a player is not improving that is every bit as much on the player as the coach - i have seen many players who whine about playing time but they never put in the work to improve - you certainly hope your coaches are developing the players but it is as much on the players to get better on their own as well

if the issues seem to be scheme and people not knowing where they are supposed to be or just not being in good positions to make plays i lean more toward coaches fault

if issue is speed or basic athleticism of getting bigger faster stronger then I put more on the player

i also wouldnt say 3 years of ineptitude - easy to say Sal was a disaster but wilcox's defenses at boise looked pretty sound - i am not saying he is an all-world DC but I think he would certainly provide enough proper instruction for the willing and able to be able to improve

EDIT...I would also like to point out that my criticism of AJ is not an indictment - i have not forgotten that he is a Soph with plenty of time to get better - i am just not under the illusion that he has arrived and is already a great/good LB

:hi:

I find it funny how they'll believe Mel Kiper just because he has a mic in his hand basically. Because he's never played nor coached the game of football. And I'm not hating on Mel at all but stop the madness folks and actually take a look at what some people are saying before whining about it. We say he's not playing well and explain why then go re watch some of the games. If what we say is not true then point it out after doing some research.

I enjoy (although may not always agree) w/ the info you, Jay, and others bring and occasionally I'll post and/or add to the dialogue.

It's not the critique that wears, it's the constant focus on his (or any player for that matter) poor performance w/ little if any discussion on what he is doing well.

I'd played in college and I coach youth football. You say that you work w/ and train players. I do not know you and have no reason to doubt you, but if true then you are well aware how it important it is to provide balance---too much criticism and/or negativity is counter-productive. Critique and work to correct poor performance but too, it's critical to recognize and reward good play as well. :hi:

AJ needs to be the intimidator of the Vols defense. He's got to be nasty guy for us upfront. I want him meeting ball carriers play after play facemask on facemask and wrecking them. He needs to be a big hitter all game. And attack blockers not just take them on.

Good post.
AJ's tackling technique needs improvement---that can be coached. He is always around the 'ball---can't teach that. Attack the play whether it be drop & cover or fill the gap, get penetration. Disrupt and intimidate. As Thigpen stated, more TFL's, FC, FR, and Sacks.

Reactions: 5 people
I find it funny how some can think that just because he has won accolades, the coaches and media who voted on this must have seen every single snap, and judge accordingly, as opposed to seeing maybe a game or two, a highlight reel and a stat line.

The point being, is a sophomore LB should have some issues to work on, let's not act like he's Ray Lewis reborn at this point in the game.

I find it funny how some are dismissive, feeling they are qualified to question the process of the coaches and media who recognize and awarded AJ's achievements, the same professionals who vote (on players) throughout the SEC and too are involved in the process on a national level as well.

Reactions: 4 people

Much of the focus for the defense has been on tackling. Every defensive coach has been dumbfounded by the poor tackling techniques this defense had a year ago and brought with them into spring practice. The result is tackling work every day in individual periods as well as team periods. And no defensive player has been exempt from the tackling critiques, including linebacker A.J. Johnson who missed several tackles in the first scrimmage. The tackling work will continue to be a huge focus when the Vols return after spring break.

Johnson is being challenged, to say the least. No position or starter is safe from competition, period.

The proof will be in the pudding for placekicker Michael Palardy. Obviously, he has to prove it in games, but Palardy has answered every challenge of Jones' through two weeks of spring. Thursday after making four in a row, Palardy ran off the practice field when Jones called him back out for a left hash kick.

Jones barked on the microphone, "it's from the left hash, Palardy, ut-oh". Palardy then promptly drilled the kick.
-VQ

Good. As it should be.

Reactions: 3 people
Jones barked on the microphone, "it's from the left hash, Palardy, ut-oh". Palardy then promptly drilled the kick.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahah. Our coach is the Kewlest

I find it funny how some are dismissive, feeling they are qualified to question the process of the coaches and media who recognize and awarded AJ's achievements, the same professionals who vote (on players) throughout the SEC and too are involved in the process on a national level as well.

I enjoy (although may not always agree) w/ the info you, Jay, and others bring and occasionally I'll post and/or add to the dialogue.

It's not the critique that wears, it's the constant focus on his (or any player for that matter) poor performance w/ little if any discussion on what he is doing well.

I'd played in college and I coach youth football. You say that you work w/ and train players. I do not know you and have no reason to doubt you, but if true then you are well aware how it important it is to provide balance---too much criticism and/or negativity is counter-productive. Critique and work to correct poor performance but too, it's critical to recognize and reward good play as well. :hi:

Good post.
AJ's tackling technique needs improvement---that can be coached. He is always around the 'ball---can't teach that. Attack the play whether it be drop & cover or fill the gap, get penetration. Disrupt and intimidate. As Thigpen stated, more TFL's, FC, FR, and Sacks.

Much of the focus for the defense has been on tackling. Every defensive coach has been dumbfounded by the poor tackling techniques this defense had a year ago and brought with them into spring practice. The result is tackling work every day in individual periods as well as team periods. And no defensive player has been exempt from the tackling critiques, including linebacker A.J. Johnson who missed several tackles in the first scrimmage. The tackling work will continue to be a huge focus when the Vols return after spring break.

Johnson is being challenged, to say the least. No position or starter is safe from competition, period.

The proof will be in the pudding for placekicker Michael Palardy. Obviously, he has to prove it in games, but Palardy has answered every challenge of Jones' through two weeks of spring. Thursday after making four in a row, Palardy ran off the practice field when Jones called him back out for a left hash kick.

-VQ

Good. As it should be.

I'm not really sure what you keep taking exception to here. Essentially, some of us were bringing up points in AJ's game that can improve, based on our observations this season. Your response is "media and coaches" repeatedly. Then, you go on to agree with portions that say he can improve on his tackling. Are you just looking for everyone to say, "man the media and coaches can sure pick an all-fill in the blank team".

I am not a coach, nor have I played above high school level, but I do know the game a little bit and recognize some things when I see them, and I did watch virtually every snap this season. I remember when I began to say Hunter was having issues with drops after the 3rd game. Some guys jumped up all upset, "Mel Kiper has him as the #1 WR on the board." Yeah, that's swell... he's dropping too many balls. And now, what did the scouts just say after the TN pro-day? Hunter has fantastic potential, but has an issue with drops.

No one is down on AJ, but for the love of all that is good and pure man, if we can't have a simple discussion on points of improvement based on what we see with our own eyes, as opposed to some votes, then I don't even know what to say.

:hi: I'm not nearly as upset as I probably sound.

What exactly makes him an immature jackass?? Have you been hanging with him a lot over the last couple months or something?

I'm a physical therapist. I went to a class in Nashville a few weeks ago taught by a guy who uses a unique assessment technique (with the help of others). He works with professional golfer and several Tenn. Titans. He was asked at the end of last season to come and assess every member of the UT football team. He swears that Palardy's groin problem was a major issue and claims he corrected it. He seemed to expect Palardy to be fine this season...TIFWIW

I will say I was very impressed with the class and some of the techniques have helped me in my practice.

Athletic trainer here. That's some good stuff if he is doing much better. I would be interested in looking into some of the techniques if they provided great results as you say.

I'm not really sure what you keep taking exception to here. Essentially, some of us were bringing up points in AJ's game that can improve, based on our observations this season. Your response is "media and coaches" repeatedly. Then, you go on to agree with portions that say he can improve on his tackling. Are you just looking for everyone to say, "man the media and coaches can sure pick an all-fill in the blank team".

I am not a coach, nor have I played above high school level, but I do know the game a little bit and recognize some things when I see them, and I did watch virtually every snap this season. I remember when I began to say Hunter was having issues with drops after the 3rd game. Some guys jumped up all upset, "Mel Kiper has him as the #1 WR on the board." Yeah, that's swell... he's dropping too many balls. And now, what did the scouts just say after the TN pro-day? Hunter has fantastic potential, but has an issue with drops.

No one is down on AJ, but for the love of all that is good and pure man, if we can't have a simple discussion on points of improvement based on what we see with our own eyes, as opposed to some votes, then I don't even know what to say.

Two posts, one (in general) last night and one (response specific) today, that’s hardly “repeatedly” / repetitive.
As to agreeing that AJ needs improvement, I thought my posts were pretty clear, not sure where the confusion lies or if I can help.

You, everyone, are entitled to have an opinion(s). I cannot speak for others, but I did not disagree w/ or criticize your (observations/opinions/thoughts) posts on JH. I think most on VN felt JH was having difficulties---short-arming and stone-hands among them.

I’m an advocate for discussion. One-sided, (seemingly) on-going (borderline redundant) criticism of coaches and players is not discussion but it is wearisome. Open, balanced dialogue is much more engaging.

:hi: I'm not nearly as upset as I probably sound.
Nor am I. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Two posts, one (in general) last night and one (response specific) today, that’s hardly “repeatedly” / repetitive.
As to agreeing that AJ needs improvement, I thought my posts were pretty clear, not sure where the confusion lies or if I can help.

You, everyone, are entitled to have an opinion(s). I cannot speak for others, but I did not disagree w/ or criticize your (observations/opinions/thoughts) posts on JH. I think most on VN felt JH was having difficulties---short-arming and stone-hands among them.

I’m an advocate for discussion. One-sided, (seemingly) on-going (borderline redundant) criticism of coaches and players is not discussion but it is wearisome. Open, balanced dialogue is much more engaging.

Nor am I. :hi:

There... Now we can be friends again.

"No one expects red carpet but we do expect to be able to go watch spring practice," said former UT QB Erik Ainge, who hosts a radio show on Tennessee Sports Radio 1180. Ainge said one time Dooley reached out to him to be his "spin doctor" in the media. "I sat in front of his office with his secretary and we talked for 45 minutes. I knew everybody over there better than he did. His dry cleaning wasn't done properly, so he was making them re-starch his drycleaning. And I just sat there for 45 minutes.

"He made it really hard. Tennessee fans are begging for you to give 'em something to get excited about. It's as much a part of the culture here in East Tennessee as anything. You got Dollywood and UT. He made it really hard even for the die-hards to get on board."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back