'13 OH TE A.J. Branisel (UT signee)

There are 2 very different looking pics. I need to hire the photographer that took the pic that makes him look 200lbs for my self portraits!

Yeah one shows him without sleeves up close and the one u were bashing was him in a hoodie in the middle of a football field.. Not exactly magic or anything.

bkdamoron-albums-1-19-2013-picture4587-a.jpg

Street clothes lie. The guy on the very end on the left is Branisel.

Who is all in this picture?

So Butch recruited JJ Watt?

That was the kind of player they were looking for. Still the kind of player they are looking for. Super-high-motor types with speed. JJ Watt just happened to be the Reverse Witten. Branisel fits the Witten/Watt mold. In that video you see how well he uses his hands when he’s playing DE.

I’m cautiously optimistic they got a player here.

Reactions: 1 person
Good catch in traffic at 1:15. That play took some concentration.

Definitely, He looks like a major pick-up. I'm not into saying he's a diamond in the rough. I think they just misevaluated him. It looks like he could come in and play his freshman year. I'm more excited about him than Quinn.

That was the kind of player they were looking for. Still the kind of player they are looking for. Super-high-motor types with speed. JJ Watt just happened to be the Reverse Witten. Branisel fits the Witten/Watt mold. In that video you see how well he uses his hands when he’s playing DE.

I’m cautiously optimistic they got a player here.

I totally agree. He seems like he has some major potential. I already stated that I think he can start next year. Depends on how he looks in the summer practices I guess

I totally agree. He seems like he has some major potential. I already stated that I think he can start next year. Depends on how he looks in the summer practices I guess

The thing that I never got around to during Quinngate was that while I thought that Quinn was going to be a really good pickup, I didn’t forget who was on the roster. Downs is a keeper, and Meredith is probably the most talented guy of all. I don’t think there’s a bad TE on the roster. Coach Elder is gonna have it easy for the next couple of years.

The thing that I never got around to during Quinngate was that while I thought that Quinn was going to be a really good pickup, I didn’t forget who was on the roster. Downs is a keeper, and Meredith is probably the most talented guy of all. I don’t think there’s a bad TE on the roster. Coach Elder is gonna have it easy for the next couple of years.

Oh I agree. I don't think that he will redshirt at all. He seems to talented to waste a year on redshirt

Definitely, He looks like a major pick-up. I'm not into saying he's a diamond in the rough. I think they just misevaluated him. It looks like he could come in and play his freshman year. I'm more excited about him than Quinn.

I hesitate to say "diamond in the rough" because most top NFL TEs were 3-star or worse recruits. The film is impressive, the measurables 4.5 speed, and the offers are there. This kid is flat out good. People were raving about Meredith this time last year, but I compared films and Branisel is far above Meredith as a recruit. He needs to work on blocking and add some pounds, but that will come with time.

I hesitate to say "diamond in the rough" because most top NFL TEs were 3-star or worse recruits. The film is impressive, the measurables 4.5 speed, and the offers are there. This kid is flat out good. People were raving about Meredith this time last year, but I compared films and Branisel is far above Meredith as a recruit. He needs to work on blocking and add some pounds, but that will come with time.

Totally agree. I said I wouldn't say he is a diamond in the rough. He definitely looks better than Meredith did at this point. I think he will be a major contributer next year. He will be a major assest in my opinion.

Last edited:
This guy looks like a beast, great size and speed. The way he runs routes and catches the ball is very smooth and polished.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back