'13 VA LB E.J. Levenberry (FSU commit)

From MFarrell at Rivals -

Tennessee has become a true threat for Woodbridge (Va.) C.D. Hylton linebacker E.J. Levenberry Jr. despite his long-time commitment to FSU. Linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen has ties to Virginia (played his high school ball there), Tennessee was E.J.'s favorite school early and sources say there are some family concerns with some of the coaching changes in Tallahassee. If Levenberry takes that visit (and it's an if because he has cancelled other visits days before), then FSU fans will be sweating this one out.

Reactions: 6 people
From MFarrell at Rivals -

Tennessee has become a true threat for Woodbridge (Va.) C.D. Hylton linebacker E.J. Levenberry Jr. despite his long-time commitment to FSU. Linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen has ties to Virginia (played his high school ball there), Tennessee was E.J.'s favorite school early and sources say there are some family concerns with some of the coaching changes in Tallahassee. If Levenberry takes that visit (and it's an if because he has cancelled other visits days before), then FSU fans will be sweating this one out.

Family concerns= sunseri imo.... He's finally turning into the great recruiter we hoped he'd be for us!!!

Reactions: 11 people
You should know by now that you shouldn't be drinking anything while reading VN, especially if there is a chance of a Sal joke :)

Point taken. I'll ban myself from VN for 30 minutes at some later time. Maybe in May, when there is really not much to talk about.

"[Thigpen] said he was looking for smart kids to play linebacker," Eric Levenberry said. "He's interviewing kids and drawing up defensive concepts. The feedback he gave was how quick E.J. caught on."

Tennessee has been interested in Levenberry prior to new head coach Butch Jones taking over. Former defensive coaches Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon were actively recruiting Levenberry when they were at Tennessee during Levenberry's junior season.
Eric Levenberry said Tennessee was his son's favorite school at one time.

"E.J. probably would have committed toTennessee if they had stayed," Eric Levenberry said.
But the Volunteers' interest cooled after Wilcox and Sirmon took jobs at the University of Washington, Eric Levenberry said.

"Tennessee wanted him," Eric Levenberry said. "The only reason they didn't seem more interested in him was because the former defensive coordinator [Sal Sunseri] said E.J. didn't fit his system."

Sunseri was hired last month as the defensive ends coach at Florida State.
"I'm not happy about that," Eric Levenberry said.

After Tennessee fired head coach Derek Dooley in November, Eric Levenberry said he was told that the Tennessee athletic director dispatched a graduate assistant to come to the Levenberry home twice in December on back to back Wednesdays to tell the family that Tennessee wanted Levenberry to be a part of the program's 2013 recruiting class.

"The first time he came, he extended a verbal offer," Eric Levenberry said. "I told him that E.J. wasn't going to make any official visits without a written offer. They came back with that the second time."

Jones is expected to make a home visit next week. Eric Levenberry said at this point no other head coaches are scheduled to make home visits.

Tennessee making late push for E.J. Levenberry - Northern Virginia Sports: Prince William

Reactions: 15 people
Hard to overcome FSU, but you have to love this. He once wanted to commit, we are closer to home, Sal is at FSU now, and Thigpen is his recruiter.

I am catiously optimistic about this one. No other in-homes except us.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to overcome FSU, but you have to love this. He once wanted to commit, we are closer to home, Sal is at FSU now, and Thigpen is his recruiter.

I am catiously optimistic about this one. No other in-homes except us.

Yep. Hard not to be optimistic about this one. My oh my what a get he would be.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it would be alot bigger deal if Sal was coaching LBs at FSU. Would love to get this kid in Orange. We'll see how it plays out.

What in the hell were Dooley and Sal doing here?

Reasons why it is not favorable for a recruit to want to play for Sal especially when he has accepted a job at a school competing for said recruits services.

How have you been?

VN Store

Back