Huge snow may affect recruiting

Yeah huge snows can cause a blow up in recruiting. Just like in 92. It blew up into us landing Peyton. We could be so lucky. I do not buy snow being a reason for kids not wanting to come here... Michigan and Penn St do just fine.

Yeah huge snows can cause a blow up in recruiting. Just like in 92. It blew up into us landing Peyton. We could be so lucky. I do not buy snow being a reason for kids not wanting to come here... Michigan and Penn St do just fine.

I've never seen a recruit say that.........

I think he meant getting here. Va and N.C. could get hit hard causing travel delays.

Who is scheduled to come in this weekend?

This is the last list I've seen

1. Carl Lawson
2. Ryan Jenkins
3. Brett Kendrick
4. Josh Smith
5. Austin Sanders
6. Davin Bellamy
7. Shelton Gibson (likely scratched)
8. Cameron Sutton
9. Malik Foreman
10. Dillon Weisman
11. A.J. Branisel
12. Jaylen Miller

Now that College football is over an all this talk bout snow is kinda depressing me. I'm so ready for spring.

This is the last list I've seen

1. Carl Lawson
2. Ryan Jenkins
3. Brett Kendrick
4. Josh Smith
5. Austin Sanders
6. Davin Bellamy
7. Shelton Gibson (likely scratched)
8. Cameron Sutton
9. Malik Foreman
10. Dillon Weisman
11. A.J. Branisel
12. Jaylen Miller

Thx GL

We'll living here in middle tn it hardly ever snows. In fact when they report that its gonna snow, I believe it's a code word for get out your flip flops. It's gonna be warm.

Some people look for absolutely anything to add a negative spin on UT football. Lol. The sky is falling! R E L A X!!! Stop taking the glass is half empty approach and try looking at it as half full!!! You might find that it's a much better ride!!

Reactions: 1 person
Some people look for absolutely anything to add a negative spin on UT football. Lol. The sky is falling! R E L A X!!! Stop taking the glass is half empty approach and try looking at it as half full!!! You might find that it's a much better ride!!

Except the sky is literally falling.

The 5h is an upper level low pressure and the 7h is a surface low pressure. The 850mb is just a map denoting upper air temps/wind etc at approximately 5000 ft. In this case it helps with pinpointing when and where the transition from rain to snow will occur. Glad you asked?

Last I saw the winter storm watch was cancelled but the snow forecast was upped to 5-8". Typical nobody really knows. My best guess we get nothing except showers until at least 3-4 pm and after that all bets are off especially east and southeast of Knoxville. It may snow like a mother trucker with giant snowball flakes for 3-4 hrs this evening or it may do absolutely nothing. Definitely nothing to worry about until at least late afternoon.

ps. just noticed you were in Crossville. It will get icy with a little snow and sleet by mid afternoon but best chances of a significant snow event are generally from Knoxville east.

Brother have you ever been in a movie called "Groundhog Day"? Man that's impressive....

Who are you speaking of? I haven't seen anything negative about UT football in this thread. Have you even read it?

ps. big fat flakes are falling here in Powell. It would be nice to see an inch or two. (I know that's what she said)

Last edited:
It looks like we may be ok here by Friday afternoon but Virginia, North and possibly South Carolina may be in a world of hurt until at least Saturday. Hopefully this will not affect any of our weekend visitors but I just pulled the following post off a Pro Met board posted at 12:55 AM Thursday

just looked at the progression of RAP model through hour 18. We're looking down the barrel of a very special event here. Look for your local forecasters and NWS offices to react soon, with more vigor. This is almost an unprecedented event, but March 2009 is the lastest we can find , I'm sure there are others. The upper low is taking shape now in western Mississippi and will close almost to 3 contours by Atlanta, taking on negative tilt. At first, the heavy rains, but the 850s' really crash in Alabama and Georgia, and this will spell a world of hurt when the moisture totally wraps around the 5H low, not to mention the 7H low. and 850. The track will absolutely cream eastern TN at first then spill quickly into western NC mountains and foothills by dark. The track of the 5H is probably mishandled by all models, as I've been saying for days. On the northwest side, you're looking at some convection and serious rates of snowfall. This will probably eclipse the 2009 event in parts of western NC and VA because this airmass is actually juicier than that one. Look at the water potential maps on this one, unbelievable. Turn that into snowfall in western NC and VA, eastern TN, and northeast GA and I think we could be looking at a really unprecedented event. Same goes for everywhere northwest of the upper low in northern Alabama, northern to central GA and then a nearly stationary band for Upstate SC to western NC for a while. The RATE of snowfall will be extreme, I can't express that enough.

Give me a job where you only have to be right less than half the time, pay me good money, and I'll take it. Oorah.

Who are you speaking of? I haven't seen anything negative about UT football in this thread. Have you even read it?

ps. big fat flakes are falling here in Powell. It would be nice to see an inch or two. (I know that's what she said)

I'm speaking of the people on here who are constantly posting some kind of negativity concerning our football program. People who are searching for reasons to be alarmed or concerned about issues or circumstances that are going to be detrimental to our football program. We have fans who panic over 3 star players, players leaving, potential head coaches once Jones gets fired in three years, etc. etc. sorry man....but this crap gets old. Now we've got concerns that "weather" is going to effect recruiting. Lol. Get real....if a kid is TRUELY interested in our program he will make the effort to reschedule a visit. Do you think it doesn't snow in Michigan, Ohio, and countless other places across the country?

Last edited:
Its snowing in Tuscaloosa today. I don;t think that they are upset.

Kenneth Wayne Bynum ‏@Tenn_Kenn
Eating snow!!!! For the first time in my life and I love it!!!! Photo by tenn_kenn • Instagram

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back