'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

Gonna be an innnnteresting ending to this class.

I think this class is going to be very differant on NSD than it was when Jones was hired...

A good sign of a commits importance to this staff is whether or not he has been contacted yet...off the top of my head I havent heard about Jackson, Goeas, Skipper, Barnes, Patrick or Zanca being contacted by our new staff

Yep. I mean this may not be his best class due to letting guys go and scrambling. But if he has a plan, have at it. And apparently he does. Laying groundwork with all purpose backs. Still hard after some of the stars of the class.

him and Sal were getting guys they felt they could coach up.

A LONG time ago I said to LV, ( Paraphrasing ) That it seemed as if Dooley didnt Want to go up against the big boys for Big time talent, almost like he was already conceding that we would lose.

I honestly dont mind a few Projects, but when you have half a class full of guys you who are projects, it is a Bad thing.

Said it all along, once Dooley gets canned, its important to find the best fit at coach and not worry about saving this particular class. Just Wasnt good enough

Goeas likely out too. he hasnt been contacted since Jones has been in place.

Our LB commits need to be upgraded. Ngakoue would be a great start, sounds like Grace is Miami bound but there's still a shot, Cameron Toney might become available too. Sounds like Levenberry is out tho.

Hopefully we can fill these spots with LBs that the new coaching staff likes. We might just be a little lacking in the quality LB department.

I think all purpose back is just a "recruiting term"

all these guys we just offered are great football players (kemp/FOlston) who can stay on the field and contribute on all 3 downs.

give me a Lache Seastrunk/Joseph Randle all day everyday. They are Special

Need both. Keep Kendrick. He and Sanders are serious VFLs that will give their all for Tennessee on every play!

He might be a VFL, that doesn't mean he won't get blown up by SEC Dlinemen every play. Tennessee is his only offer, that doesn't scream SEC material to me. Sorry for sounding harsh, but you gotta have talent to win in this league.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll keep Kendrick. Some of your commits are so strong, that you never see any other schools show interest in them. When Dooley was fired, Clemson and Virginia Tech immediately started recruiting Brett.

all these guys we just offered are great football players (kemp/FOlston) who can stay on the field and contribute on all 3 downs.

Agreed. Wasn't trying to single them out. I'll take a quality back or three haha.

Not saying we will, but there is some.dead weight on the roster that could be trimmed with butch recruits. Would be tricky with the scholarship limit though. (Another reason the TAMU exemption is a crock)

Yep, if I remember correctly Kendall Hunter was an "apb" as well. Two things rivals has always made me think less of them from is the creation of this all purpose back position, and there clueless catagorization of dual threat and pro style qbs (case in point Peterman is more of a threat both running and passing than many of the so called dual threat qbs)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

True.

mannnnnnnnnnn I would give the tip of my Pinky finger to have a Kendall Hunter on our team.

Yep, if I remember correctly Kendall Hunter was an "apb" as well. Two things rivals has always made me think less of them from is the creation of this all purpose back position, and there clueless catagorization of dual threat and pro style qbs (case in point Peterman is more of a threat both running and passing than many of the so called dual threat qbs)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I truly think it's just a way to generate interest two ways. A team going after the top dual threat qb is more exciting than if he is the 7th overall qb.

I fully buy into the idea that there are two different types of backs and qbs and such. But I sure as hell wouldnt wanna split them up. And a certain type of back doesn't rule.out success in a system.

I truly think it's just a way to generate interest two ways. A team going after the top dual threat qb is more exciting than if he is the 7th overall qb.

And a certain type of back doesn't rule.out success in a system.

:good!:

VN Store

Back