A Thread For The Coaching Search Family!

Did John Fox of the Broncos remind anyone of Fulmer in his last couple of years with the Vols? Thirty one seconds and two time outs remaining, Peyton at QB and he has him take a knee? All Peyton had to do was get them in field goal range. :confused:
Go Baltimore.

Godd Morning to the Gang.... I'm on the way to work and heading out the door....just wanted to stop by and say hello... Glad yopu are feeling some better Gman... hope you get well soon!...

Ok Guys and gals... have a great day and Go Vols

Someone please make it stop.....

If I see another boom for an average (at best) quality commitment, I'm going to scream!

It amazes me to see how far fan expectations have fallen in the Volunteer ranks. The board erupts when UT gets a commit from an also ran juco player who was originally playing volleyball in college.

These people now believe that 75 - 25 ground beef is the same quality as filet mignon because these guys are "diamonds in the rough" or its "a position of need" or CBJ is going to coach those 2 and 3 stars up to All American players because CBJ is a whale of a coach.

I know UT needs to fill roster spots but lets get real.

If I see another boom for an average (at best) quality commitment, I'm going to scream!

It amazes me to see how far fan expectations have fallen in the Volunteer ranks. The board erupts when UT gets a commit from an also ran juco player who was originally playing volleyball in college.

These people now believe that 75 - 25 ground beef is the same quality as filet mignon because these guys are "diamonds in the rough" or its "a position of need" or CBJ is going to coach those 2 and 3 stars up to All American players because CBJ is a whale of a coach.

Agree, totally. I want to give Jones a chance. But signing very average recruits might get it done at Cincinnati but won't get it done in the SEC. The staff would have to be a hell of a development staff and great at game day preparations and decisions to compete. I'm holding judgement until seeing the product on the field, but we've all been asked to believe and have been burnt before.

160_chicken_little.jpg

February the 6th will expose the closing truth. Don't hurt yourself before then. Two back to back 5-7 seasons will slow recruiting, so I'm thinking if we finish this class with a top 25, we should consider ourselves lucky. Win 7-8 games next year ("Hey recruits, look! We're on our way back!")and push forward from there. If you're wanting an over night fix for this mess, you are setting yourself up for major failure.

Last edited:
February the 6th will expose the closing truth. Don't hurt yourself before then. Two back to back 5-7 seasons will slow recruiting, so I'm thinking if we finish this class with a top 25, we should consider ourselves lucky. Win 7-8 games next year ("Hey recruits, look! We're on our way back!")and push forward from there. If you're wanting an over night fix for this mess, you are setting yourself up for major failure.

I top 25 would be a success at this time.....it will never be good enough to compete in the SEC, but it is best we can expect

I like this for PatricK... I seem to agree that we have settled though, but he should use it as his avatar... :hi:

All these people blaming Hart drive me crazy. We hired the best guy who would take the job. Ask any of these whiners who they would hire and it's always someone who wouldn't take the job.

All these people blaming Hart drive me crazy. We hired the best guy who would take the job. Ask any of these whiners who they would hire and it's always someone who wouldn't take the job.

I like what CBJ has done so far... it is nothing special imho, but it is a far cry from Dooley ....

Is CBJ the long term answer, well the jury is still out and way to early to say. Do we need to dismiss him before he gets started, that is even more crazy.

My thoughts....sit back, relax and when the season starts scream my lungs out for the Vols. The best i can hope for is that we win at least one, possibly two games that we should not and see where that takes us next year in recruiting :good!:

I like this for PatricK... I seem to agree that we have settled though, but he should use it as his avatar... :hi:

You are a funny man coasty.....

I am not saying the sky is falling.... I fully appreciate the damage that has been done to the University of Tennessee football program by Dooley and his predecessors. I also understand that it is not easy to recruit high caliber - high star power - highly sought recruits with the Vols record over the last five years.

However, I simply refuse to get hyped up and drop booms for every average commitment that CBJ hauls in. average recruits will only perpetuate the Volunteers losing ways. I think CBJ gets a pass on this recruiting class since he was just hired I would like to see if bring a few high caliber players.

I would also like to add that it is possible for a new coach to knock down a highly ranked and highly sought recruiting class in his first - it is not impossible as some suggest. A lot of it depends on what level coach the university hires.

All of this being said, the booms are getting old!!! I wish we could track all the posters and their collective booms so that we could have a record of them - for accountability.

Reactions: 1 person
I know, but that's the standard UT has to reach if we gonna play big boy football.

I agree Voldawg 100%... if we can't reach it under CBJ then I begin to belive we are doomed... I can't even watch BB anymore...I just seem to have lost hope

Thank God for Volnation...

You are a funny man coasty.....

I am not saying the sky is falling.... I fully appreciate the damage that has been done to the University of Tennessee football program by Dooley and his predecessors. I also understand that it is not easy to recruit high caliber - high star power - highly sought recruits with the Vols record over the last five years.

However, I simply refuse to get hyped up and drop booms for every average commitment that CBJ hauls in. average recruits will only perpetuate the Volunteers losing ways. I think CBJ gets a pass on this recruiting class since he was just hired I would like to see if bring a few high caliber players.

I would also like to add that it is possible for a new coach to knock down a highly ranked and highly sought recruiting class in his first - it is not impossible as some suggest. A lot of it depends on what level coach the university hires.

All of this being said, the booms are getting old!!! I wish we could track all the posters and their collective booms so that we could have a record of them - for accountability.

I understand that we need to celebrate the small victories, because right now they are all we have to celebrate.

But the standard at Tennessee does seem to be lowered by many of our fan base. I just hope that is NOT the standard being set by the new coaching staff.

So far I like what this staff has said,I have not been impressed by recruiting, but that can change and I don't expect a lot this year. I want to see a Big year in recruiting next year.. a top 10 or better.... and then I will be droping a boom or two myself

VN Store

Back